Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Steve Belichick to Safeties coach.
Brian Flores to LB coach.

Doug Kyed ‏@DougKyed 1m1 minute ago
Steve Belichick has been promoted to Patriots safeties coach.

Doug Kyed ‏@DougKyed 41s41 seconds ago
Former Patriots safeties coach Brian Flores will coach linebackers in 2016.

As we knew, Scar is back as OL coach.

Doug Kyed ‏@DougKyed 58s58 seconds ago
Jerry Schulpinski will assist Josh McDaniels as Patriots quarterback coach.

He was the other coaching assistant along with Steve Belichick.

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 22s22 seconds ago
Moses Cabrera has been elevated from assistant strength/conditioning coach to head position. James Hardy is his assistant.

So it seems Brian Flores will be the next DC if Patricia gets a HC job

So it seems Brian Flores will be the next DC if Patricia gets a HC job
Looks that way. I thought Patrick Graham was the next in line but it appears Flores was (I doubt Graham would have left in a lateral move had he been next in line).

Flores had better watch out for that new Safeties coach, though, he could be a fast riser . . .

Congrats to Steve Belichick on the promotion. Following in his dad's footsteps. Why fire the strength and conditioning coach out on his ass, though, just to keep his assistant and put him in the top position? If you're firing someone, wouldn't you want to start fresh and hire them from the outside?

Don't rule out Brendan Daly.
I'm assuming Flores is next up, Bill moved Patricia around the position coaches before becoming DC which probably bodes well for Flores.

Makes sense. Safeties might be the only position grouping on the team where Stephen is older than all the players.

Why fire the strength and conditioning coach out on his ass, though, just to keep his assistant and put him in the top position? If you're firing someone, wouldn't you want to start fresh and hire them from the outside?
Nash went to Detroit, as you know their GM was here, I am not sure he was fired.

Congrats to Steve Belichick on the promotion. Following in his dad's footsteps. Why fire the strength and conditioning coach out on his ass, though, just to keep his assistant and put him in the top position? If you're firing someone, wouldn't you want to start fresh and hire them from the outside?

You'd think that, but I guess it's the same reason why some interim HCs get hired (although it never seems to work out).

That Stephen Belichick is rising fast the rest of the NFL better watch out. Heir apparent to Bill.

Haha man can you even imagine how angry Goodell and the other 31 would be if there was a Belichick family dynasty here with Steve taking over in 5 or so years for the next 20+ years

Steve needs to get busy on making his heir now!

Brady already took care of his end of the deal

How old is Steve?

Maybe the assistant has his own approach and wasn't just a sheep?

I'd certainly hope so for the team's sake. Whatever they were doing was not cutting the mustard. 2013 and 2015 were absolute abominations as far as injuries were concerned.

It depends. If leadership thought a change needed to be made at the top, its commonplace to phase out managers, groom- then promote their subordinates if the though that they would do a better job.

As you say its also common to wipe out entire departments b/c the entire bushel was rotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes