PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
BradyManny2344 said:
:rolleyes:

He's a rookie who left college a year early and came to a complicated system, missing training camp in its entirety due to injury.

He's just supposed to show up and leapfrog three more experienced players? I think in time he will become the #2, but it's going to take a while.

It is a good sign that we have WRs ready to go so soon after joining the club. Jackson is steadily working into the line-up and right now he needs to realize that he will only get as much work as he can handle. That keeps a rookie from getting big headed, not that Jackson would ever do that. ;)

One thing that stands out to me is just how big he is, with his wheels he could be a weapon. Time will tell if he can take it to the next level, he is young and needs to understand that the difference from a B- to an A is purely based on work ethic not talent.

The good news is that he has time to learn behind the other WRs and still has shown some production and a nose for the end zone.

Fogbuster said:
Chad looks like he has a world of talent. Great natural ability. But we all know that great raw talent does not translate into a great player, although I have no doubts Chad can become a great player. But further, a great player does not translate automatically into a great member of a championship team.

In today's market of mercenary "gold-mining" in professional sports it gets harder and harder to find players who just want to win, and who are willing to pay the price for the win. Chad needs to learn this aspect of his game, the Patriots' game, if he will pan out as a great contributor to the Patriots' legacy.

He could hone his NFL skills to a high level, then take them to the free market, like Damian Woody and others we don't need to mention; or, he could grow up to learn that to have that winning experience requires that the individual sacrifice something for the good of the team. I hope Chad can do that. If he grows the same heart as Troy Brown, he will be forever remembered in New England. It's up to him, though.

//

The play where Jackson balanced himself with his hand and willed himself into the endzone was the stuff of champions. Bethel could never have done that. Jackson also had that 33 yard reception that was called back on the holding call. All in all I think we've seen flashes of what he can do, but like most rookie recievers he's inconsistent.

Chad Jackson: 3 career td's
Bethel Johnson: 4 career td's

If I could compare Jackson to someone it would be another Chad....Johnson.

Johnson was 22 when he entered the league. Jackson was (is) 21. Johnson is 6'1, 200 pounds. Jackson is 6'1, 210 pounds. Johnson was the 5th pick of the second round. Jackson was the 4th pick of the second round. Johnson ran a 4.54 at the combine. Jackson ran a 4.32. Both are physical freaks who can make acrobatic catches. Both run deep routes better then shorter routes. Now the big one.

Johnson had 28 receptions for 329 yards, and one TD his rookie season.

Jackson has 6 reception for 96 yard, and three TD's so far.

I rest my case.

mavfan2390 said:
The play where Jackson balanced himself with his hand and willed himself into the endzone was the stuff of champions. Bethel could never have done that. Jackson also had that 33 yard reception that was called back on the holding call. All in all I think we've seen flashes of what he can do, but like most rookie recievers he's inconsistent.

Chad Jackson: 3 career td's
Bethel Johnson: 4 career td's

If I could compare Jackson to someone it would be another Chad....Johnson.

Johnson was 22 when he entered the league. Jackson was (is) 21. Johnson is 6'1, 200 pounds. Jackson is 6'1, 210 pounds. Johnson was the 5th pick of the second round. Jackson was the 4th pick of the second round. Johnson ran a 4.54 at the combine. Jackson ran a 4.32. Both are physical freaks who can make acrobatic catches. Both run deep routes better then shorter routes. Now the big one.

Johnson had 28 receptions for 329 yards, and one TD his rookie season.

Jackson has 6 reception for 96 yard, and three TD's so far.

I rest my case.

Nice!

Like I said, I don't care at all if he dance or not. Just keep those numbers rolling in and all will be well. :rocker:

I don't really understand all the Jackson critics. Suppose Jackson was a 7th round pick - would you still post "Jackson is another Bethel Johnson", or would you compare him to another receiver?

I can't believe you all still buy into that despicable, made-up article about Chad Jackson's maturity!

The only thing holding this guy back is experience and repititions. He only has 6 catches, but 3 of them were for touchdowns! He has shown an ability to excel in the NFL in his short time on the field, and go back to his old college vids and tell me with a straight face this guy isn't going to be productive.

Give me a break. This guy is going to be a bona fide superstar, beginning around game 12 and into the playoffs. Mark my words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST