PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
MoLewisrocks said:
The last two WR's we had who began to develop or exhibit even flashes of that mentality left here for contracts that overvalued their individual talent. That's all. I can't remember ever seeing a guy like Marvin Harrison celebrating. You are just doing your job, after all, and because 10 other guys just did theirs you scored. Great, a little fist pump, a little head butting or man hugging - those are great. Dancing is just a hint at a look at me attitude that this team has always under BB tried to avoid.

Corey didn't used to do it, and his doing it now does smack a bit of I told yous I ain't all washed up. So be it. I'd prefer he not flaunt it but as arrellbee said, he's at least earned some slack in his years of being an at time dominating back in the league. Chad by comparison ain't done squat yet. We need to get back to being a humble team with a quiet swagger. That's a far more intimidating foe to face than one whose rookies dance. IMO.
All I'm trying to say is chill out. It was a stupid little dance and nothing more.

why cant we just let the kid play? let him play..let him celebrate. if BB has a problem with it..he'll tell him. as a player myself..when you score..your happy as hell..excited and some people just do a little dance.

hes not hurting us by dancing..not hurting himself..not making himself look like a clown. people enjoy celebrations..he enjoys scoring. put them together and its fine. he has every right to when he runs a great route..gets behind the secondary and scores in a rival game

Last edited:
Poor kid under all this scrutiny.

I remember a guy on the Celtics who was supposed to be not only the best player, but a leader.

He said Moses Malone eats s**t while he was live on all three Boston stations.

He worked out all right. Larry something.:)

BelichickFan said:
Scoring a TD gives you the right to celebrate.

Yeah, it was amazing how he scored it all by himself.

Since 2001 The New England Patriots have done many things together that other organizations do individually.

I'm a big backer of CJ. I defended him against the whispering campaign that Tom Casale pulled on his radio show and here on this website using 4 different screennames (one of which used his fiancee's name in the screenname - you know, the one that posted the details that Tom couldn't say on his radio show?).

The kid came out as a Junior. He's from Alabama in a totally different culture. Of course he's going to feel and act out of place at first. What an easy target for a wiseguy like Casale to pick on his comportment. Easy pickin's, huh Tom?

That being said, it would be great if CJ could mature a bit and congratulate Watson for being a great decoy on that TD pass instead of ignoring him 3 feet away so he can turn and dance. I'm not one of those "celebration nazis" and I'm not condemning the kid, but it would seem he was more a part of this team if he didn't turn away from Watson so he could do his schtick.

arrellbee said:
Chad Jackson was the featured guest on "Totally Patriots" which is geared to teenage audience. It was on after "Patriots All Access" and I heard Chad Jackson's name, so I listened for a while.

Let me say that I have a fair amount of optimism - perhaps just hope - that Chad will work out as a top receiver. He seems to have the physical tools.

So with that in mind, I had an impression - mind you, just an impression - which can be really unfair or wrong, who knows.

My impression was that he seems fairly immature. He doesn't give the impression that the NFL (and the Patriots) are something he looks at as a challenge or something that he has to work very hard at to try to learn and succeed. It was more along the lines of that was just what he 'did' - ie 'some' sport. No particular passion or intensity - and certainly not specifically about football. The 'hardest' thing about coming to the NFL ? - dealing with all the folks from his past that want things from him. No comments on playing football issues - Hmmm? How does it feel to score a touchdown in the NFL ? - it feels good because "you finally get to celebrate". Hmmm? Being from Alabama - doesn't like the northeast at all - it's cold and he hears it's going to snow soon.

He does come across as a nice enough kid and without any personality issues that would hamper his performance. He gave me the impression that he is probably willing enough to learn and respond to coaching. I didn't get any vibes that he might have attitude issues that seemed to plague Bethel Johnson. Could it be (again, sheer speculation) that one of the challenges for the coaching staff is to get him to develop some intensity and want to 'beat' the defensive guys and scheme and want to make plays because the team needs him to ?

As I said, the show is geared toward a teenage audience, so any impressions from that context and discussion may be meaningless with regard to his performance and development as an NFL player. Who knows, but it was somewhat interesting in light of the considerable discussion on this board and in the media about when he will 'show up' or if he has a chance to develop into a solid NFL performer. Please don't take my observations for any more than just an impression which could be really way off base.

Interesting side lights. He regards Reche Caldwell as the biggest trash talker on the team. Corey Dillon is both the funniest and the last guy ready for practice or the game - he's in chill mode. Tom Brady is the messiest guy on the team - leaves stuff everywhere. Troy Brown has the nicest car - a Bentley.
i think the original thread has take a a different route. the person who started the thread says that when asked how did it feel to score a touchdown and he answered it was good because he got to celebrate. i think the 'issue' by the author of the thread is not the celebration but the answer itself . A mature answer would be something like "it felt good and good to be part of the offense and help the team etc etc" ..i may be wrong but i think thats what arrellbee seems to allude to or at least thats how interpret it.

shmessy said:

Since 2001 The New England Patriots have done many things together that other organizations do individually.

I'm a big backer of CJ. I defended him against the whispering campaign that Tom Casale pulled on his radio show and here on this website using 4 different screennames (one of which used his fiancee's name in the screenname - you know, the one that posted the details that Tom couldn't say on his radio show?).

The kid came out as a Junior. He's from Alabama in a totally different culture. Of course he's going to feel and act out of place at first. What an easy target for a wiseguy like Casale to pick on his comportment. Easy pickin's, huh Tom?

That being said, it would be great if CJ could mature a bit and congratulate Watson for being a great decoy on that TD pass instead of ignoring him 3 feet away so he can turn and dance.

I don't give a rat's ass if this guy dances or not, but I do want him to run his routes correctly, get on the same page with Brady, learn how to block and recognize blitzes, contribute on special teams, catch tough passes without getting alligator arms, and show that he is a Patriots type of player.

I think the reason some of us don't care one way or the other about him busting a move is that we are more interested in him being a serious, hard nosed football player.

The verdict is still out on what his commitment to football is, the only thing we know for sure is that he wants to imitate Chad Johnson in the endzone.

I have high hopes for him, and personally would have felt better if he had talked about how important being a Patriot was to him. But all I care about at the end of the day is 'on the field' production, and being a great team player. I know a lot of these WRs all have that ego attitude.

BTW, are you officially ending the Casale speculation here?

Last edited:
I watched the show. CJ doesn't like the weather in NE because it's cold and he comes from Alabama and Florida. It's going to snow next month, he heard, and he has to make sure and buy a winter coat. He likes to do celebratory dances after scoring TDs, and he was disappointed the students in the audience weren't impressed with his last one and he promised to do a better one next time for them. He has struggled with how to deal with new wealth, because distant relatives he never heard of keep calling him for money and he has to learn to say no. He owns an escalade and an old chevy and likes to make his own chicken salad. He listens to Christina Milian. If he couldn't play football, he would have tried to play another sport because he also excelled in basketball and track. He's proud of his high school which is featured on MTV's show "Two-a-days". Tom Brady is messy and a pretty boy and throws the ball really hard. Corey Dillon is funny and relaxed and charismatic, but the public doesn't get to see it. IMO Pats fans are getting very petty if they are criticizing him for this innocent interview. If you have a problem with TD dances, or people who prefer Florida, or warm weather, or drive escalades or like to make chicken salad you should probably lighten up. Life is full of pain and suffering, sports is fun and entertaining.

Last edited:
I don't like it when Dillon dances. I just look away because 1) he's Corey freaking Dillon, and 2) the Pats made the Dillon deal to win in '04 and it worked. They knew what they were getting and got it.

I have a question and I am not trying to be a smart*ss. I wasn't a poster here for the 2004 Superbowl because I still had my head up my arse and was posting on Boston.com. So anyway, when we beat the Eagles and Rodney Harrison was doing the Eagles flap (pretty sure he wasn't the only one, either) was everyone here upset with him for excessive celebrating and not quietly getting the job done?

shmessy said:

You guys are starting to suck. Go and watch some videos of The Twig.

Bella*chick said:
I have a question and I am not trying to be a smart*ss. I wasn't a poster here for the 2004 Superbowl because I still had my head up my arse and was posting on Boston.com. So anyway, when we beat the Eagles and Rodney Harrison was doing the Eagles flap (pretty sure he wasn't the only one, either) was everyone here upset with him for excessive celebrating and not quietly getting the job done?

Guys can celebrate all they want after winning the superbowl. Especially when they're starters.

I don't want to see Chad Jackson make 20 catches all year and then strutting after the Pats win it all.

BelichickFan said:
You guys are starting to suck. Go and watch some videos of The Twig.

You can't cuz youtube probably took them down.

:D

Bella*chick said:

I thought it was great. I don't give a rat's ass if somebody wants to dance. I find it to be completely irrelevant to the game of football or the development of a rookie.

I am hoping that Jackson is focusing on being a solid team player.

I find the talk of touchdown dances to be really cliche and uninteresting. I care a lot more about how much he wants to help his team, so I guess this type interview doesn't do much for me.

I hope he learns to cope with the weather, and I hope that he wants to help his team win by doing whatever it takes on the field. Even if somebody else gets to do the jig at the end of the play.

NEM said:
Jack Benny Drove a Bentley.

Jack Benny may have RIDDEN IN a Bentley.
But didn't Rochester drive it ?

shmessy said:

I hate Dillon too. And Maroney. Jerks. They do their little dance - and they sure didn't score without some blocking. Immature d!cks. Trade them all.

Threads like this make me puzzled because of two stupid reporters.

You know what people. Its time you grow up and use your own minds instead of listening to what other people tell you is the truth.

Think about it. He's 21 and likes to have fun. Im 20 i go and party all the time i celebrate little things big things everything. Im sure when you were 20 you did the same. Dont criticize a great athlete for stupid **** that fat reporters talk about.

Jackson is going to be a great player and half of you are going to feel foolish about questioning his personality.

Get a life.

I apologize for the anger.

psychoPat said:
Jack Benny may have RIDDEN IN a Bentley.
But didn't Rochester drive it ?

Jack Benny didn't have a Bentley. He had a Maxwell, that Rochester chauferred. It was affectionately better known by its common nickname "***Ache" to those who had them before the company died a merciful death...

AzPatsFan said:
Jack Benny didn't have a Bentley. He had a Maxwell, that Rochester chauferred. It was affectionately better known by its common nickname "***Ache" to those who had them before the company died a merciful death...
I wish my Grandpa's Packard had survived for me to inherit.

I'm not surprised Chad is having difficulties with distant relatives, family and friends who get "needy" can be the biggest pains.

Bella*chick - I loved the wing flaps mocking Owens and Co. in the Superbowl, that was an earned insult from ol scum waffle, FraudEx, and Co.

PonyExpress said:
IMO Pats fans are getting very petty if they are criticizing him for this innocent interview.
Some people can't be happy unless they are unhappy, and need to find things wrong. Don't worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST