PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Jackson = Bethel Johnson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bethel always looked scared when he played. He had that super long stride which wasn't really very useful for anything.

He did have the one great catch against Seattle, I think it was. Chad Jackson looks like he could be sensational. Today's catch was an over the shoulder two handed grab. Those aren't that easy to get for some receivers. He has good hands, great athletic ability, can run good routes. I wish he were doing what the rookie from GB is doing, I was hoping we'd draft him in the 3rd (but he went in the 2nd). But some things take time, don't damn him yet.

Almost every WR picked is a bust if Jackson is considered so-so.

BradyManny2344 said:
Well, we can evaluate his time at UF, and based on that, Chad Jackson's upside is pretty damn high.

UF receivers are like Penn State running backs (except Larry Johnson). Great in college, flounders in the pros.

hallfamebrady said:
UF receivers are like Penn State running backs (except Larry Johnson). Great in college, flounders in the pros.

A guy by the name of Darrel Jackson takes offense to that. Ike Hilliard, too.

hallfamebrady said:

you mean steve spurrier WRs

MrTibbs said:
It's starting to spook me a little bit. Jackson is starting off like Bethel Jackson did when he was drafted. Occasionally made the long pass catch and ran a few gadget plays. It's looking like deja-vu.

I think you're underestimating both his potential, and what he brings to the team right now.

He might have had only one reception today - but it was for 35 YARDS!

You can't discount what that means to opposing team's game planning. The team doesn't even need to throw to him every drive. Based on just on what he's shown thus far, every time he's on the field, DC's know he's a deep threat, and thus need to keep a safety watching over him as well as a CB.

I'd love to see him more involved, and I'd love to see someone others stepping up and giving the team a credible deep threat (and Gabriel did with a 31 yard reception.) But when BB feels he's ready his number will be called more often.

It's not a huge deep threat but it's something - and might be enough if Gabriel and Jackson are on the field enough. Much better than previous weeks when our biggest plays were in the 15 yards range.

Those two receptions were MUCH bigger than just the catch and yardage indicate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST