Chad Jackson = Bethel Johnson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTibbs

In the Starting Line-Up
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
It's starting to spook me a little bit. Jackson is starting off like Bethel Jackson did when he was drafted. Occasionally made the long pass catch and ran a few gadget plays. It's looking like deja-vu.

we just won a game nicely..do we have to come out with this ****? lets just enjoy and and be patient..

Give him a little more time before you hang that label on him.

He's listening too much to 5th Quarter. They said he may be like Bethel. Its ridiculous, the guy was injured a few games and never played. The Pats never put him in to play until he was entirely healthy. Don't give me this Bethel **** until the season is over and done with. Give the kid a freaking break. He plays a good game and his reward is people saying he will be the next Bethel Johnson. Jesus, poor kid.

Last edited:
Remix 6 said:
we just won a game nicely..do we have to come out with this ****? lets just enjoy and and be patient..

Just a thought but I wonder why they dont give him more time on the field to get use to the speed at least.

Rookie + injury + limited playing time. If he's still getting 1 catch per game in the playoff's come back and talk about CJ then.

BTW B Johnson never ran a route in his years like the one CJ ran on the TD.

Ok, I have been waiting to say this for a while, now. It is way too early to judge CJ...yet. Wait till December. He is like every aspect of this team. A work in progress. For those of you bandwagoners and nay sayers pay close attention and temper all posts with the knowledge that I am now going to pass on to you. Do not get overly excited or dejected with the team or any aspect of it until December rolls around. This coaching staff uses the entire first three months of the season as a sort of extended training camp. Other teams play the Pats and pull out all the stops to beat them. The Pats use these games to improve certain aspects of their own game. That is not to say they dont develop game plans to beat the opponent, nor is it to say that they change up those plans to put an opponent away late in a game. Of course they do. But why else did you see the Pats feature the pass today, against one of the poorer run D's in the league? Because the passing game needed work. That is why you see close games thoughout the regular season. We've seen it over and over again throughout the BB tenure. Get used to it even if the media never will. The only exception to this was 04, and that is because the team was so solid and ahead of the rest of the league, they just ran away with it.

So, get used to it, kick back, post comments that reflect this knowledge and wait to December, when the coaches take the wraps off.

MrTibbs said:
It's starting to spook me a little bit. Jackson is starting off like Bethel Jackson did when he was drafted. Occasionally made the long pass catch and ran a few gadget plays. It's looking like deja-vu.

I was thinking the same thing myself. Tony Simmons did the same thing. Made some huge plays but was invisible most of the time. All were 2nd round picks.

I do want Chad to succeed. The most troubling sign is that he can not crack the starting lineup with the group we have. I would give him time if our WR's were not so bad.

Gabriel the veteran is getting about the same amount of time. I think what we see is a more a product of a ball control offense that plays to it's strengths. If Belichick needed jackson more to win a game we would see him more...and we will. for now, why ruin the kid when you can win without him i think is more the plan.

Yes he's exactly like Bethel Johnson.

Let's trade him for a fat lineman now and save time.:violent: :wha: :bricks: :confused:

Last edited:
hallfamebrady said:
I was thinking the same thing myself. Tony Simmons did the same thing. Made some huge plays but was invisible most of the time. All were 2nd round picks.

I do want Chad to succeed. The most troubling sign is that he can not crack the starting lineup with the group we have. I would give him time if our WR's were not so bad.

Did you know Lincoln had a Secretary named Kennedy.

And Kennedy had a Secretary named Lincoln.

HHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........:( :( :blahblah: :violent:

RayClay said:
Did you know Lincoln had a Secretary named Kennedy.

And Kennedy had a Secretary named Lincoln.

HHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........:( :( :blahblah: :violent:

Explain to me. Why isn't he in the starting lineup? The rookie talk is an excuse. The Pats are so desparate at WR that he should crack the lineup no problem. I find it troubling that he can not beat Reche out for a starting spot.

Kdo5 said:
He's listening too much to 5th Quarter. They said he may be like Bethel. Its ridiculous, the guy was injured a few games and never played. The Pats never put him in to play until he was entirely healthy. Don't give me this Bethel **** until the season is over and done with. Give the kid a freaking break. He plays a good game and his reward is people saying he will be the next Bethel Johnson. Jesus, poor kid.
i agree, bethel had multiple seasons and never improved, this kid had 2 tds in limited playing time, plus once the pats get some protection they can go deeper.

If I remember correctly, the consensus before the season started was that we probably shouldn't expect too much from Jackson his rookie year. Wide receivers very rarely make an impact their first year. I say save the high expectations for next year and just enjoy his accomplishments as he learns how to be an NFL receiver. I think he has done fine so far. Good run on that reverse today. Just having a threat to run a reverse can freeze a DB assigned to cover him if you fake it.

I'll bet he's four inches taller and at 30+ pounds heavier
than Bethel. Mister magoo wouldn't even make that
comparision. Geez. As others mentioned, let's give the
kid a break. He's only 3+ years removed from high school.
He was only at Fla. in 03,04 and 05. So, he graduated hs
in June 03. That's 40 months ago.

i dont understand why everyone is so down on reche... he has caught almost every catchable ball that has been thrown his way so far - today he was wide open down the field and brady just overthrew him - and what about that play where he bailed brady out by diving for the ball that brady underthrew by like 3 yards? Im not blaming brady, i think he's doing a good job qbing, I jsut dont understand why everyone is down on our WR corps today - we looked good.

hallfamebrady said:
Explain to me. Why isn't he in the starting lineup? The rookie talk is an excuse. The Pats are so desparate at WR that he should crack the lineup no problem. I find it troubling that he can not beat Reche out for a starting spot.
the starters were listed as troy brown and reche.... why wasn't gabriel a starter? it's all misleading.... it should be how many snaps he played.

What an embarassing thread. Guy makes a 35 yard TD catch and a 14 yard reverse and now he's getting punished for it? You've gotta be kidding me. I had a longer post written, but I'm not even going to justify this kind of crap with a response. If some people still get their kicks from doubting Chad Jackson, then so be it.

Last edited:
Lockdown06 said:
i dont understand why everyone is so down on reche... he has caught almost every catchable ball that has been thrown his way so far - today he was wide open down the field and brady just overthrew him - and what about that play where he bailed brady out by diving for the ball that brady underthrew by like 3 yards? Im not blaming brady, i think he's doing a good job qbing, I jsut dont understand why everyone is down on our WR corps today - we looked good.
he had a good game today, i have to think he is coming around, especially with the timing with brady

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back