PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Casserly: Brady and Moss had confrontation

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have lost chemistry since 2007 . They don't talk much on bench anymore.
And why did Brady call Branch before the trade?

I'm not so sure of this. I saw them sitting next to each other on the bench, smiling all preseason.

Yeah... that's just not correct at all. They talked on the bench all the time in 2009 and this season.

He also mentioned a "camera incident" well before anyone took it seriously.

The beard and hair stuff is clearly just the end of the sniping, it appears to be a marriage that ended badly with Brady unhappy with Moss' behavior and Moss probably upset about Brady's new contract.

I missed the segment. So far all I've seen here is that it was about hair. Were there any other particulars mentioned?

Well, athletes, especially pro athletes, are young men who've never lived in the real world with large egos, so confrontations happen a lot, and everything gets patched up afterward.

Right now, nothing to see here, IMHO.

Altered your post for clarity and emphasis.

If this were somehow not exaggerated, someone would have to explain away why Brady's audible plays were often throws to Moss.
Well it happened 1 week before the trade, which means there was only one game after that, and only one audible for Randy. Not sure what that proves.

Yeah... that's just not correct at all. They talked on the bench all the time in 2009 and this season.

Yes and they seemed alright in camp. BUT, I can't help thinking that they're both pretty smart guys and fully aware when the world is watching. (Let's not pretend either of these two guys are camera shy.)

It's probably true. Randy wasn't getting the catches he wanted and Tom probably wasn't fond of always needing to throw the deep ball even when the defense dictated otherwise. Bands break up for ego reasons all the time.

I do find it hilarious it apparently melted down to the beard/hair remarks. The things millionaires find to argue about...

Well, athletes, especially pro athletes, are men with large egos, so confrontations happen a lot, and everything gets patched up afterward.

Right now, nothing to see here, IMHO.
In itself it means nothing, combined with everything else, it means something.

Also, BelichickFan brought up the Spygate incident being originally broken by Casserly.

Spygate was broken by an "unnamed source" per the NY Daily News following Goodell's public announcement. You have HARD COPY evidence that this was Casserly? I'd like to see it....

Does anyone else find this completely hilarious.

I do. I was sure this was a joke. He really said this?

I actually watched the Casserly segment but missed the Moss/Brady part. Well, that was clearly the most interesting part.

Also, BelichickFan brought up the Spygate incident being originally broken by Casserly.

Spygate was broken by an "unnamed source" per the NY Daily News following Goodell's public announcement. You have HARD COPY evidence that this was Casserly? I'd like to see it....

So, for the record, you're disagreeing that Casserly was the first to bring this up to a national audience?

1240265992468.jpg

Let's assume it's accurate for arguments sake. Could Brady have enough juice to make this happen? Scenario: BB is working on a trade, Moss/Brady have words, Brady goes to BB and says "I'm done with him".

Here's another log for the fire: Maroney did not play another down in New England when it counted after missing a block on Ray Lewis. Brady goes to sidelines and says "he's killing me, get him outta here."

All speculation of course, merely a therory that fits the facts. Niether of those guys are here anymore.

Although I am amused at the thought of Brady and Moss fighting like teenage girls.

Did one of them run to Belichick to tell on the other? :p

Well it happened 1 week before the trade, which means there was only one game after that, and only one audible for Randy. Not sure what that proves.

I don't know, I guess I just don't think you'd go out of your way to toss the ball to a guy that you don't think is 100% in.

I also don't believe a fight of a magnitude that allegedly led to a trade would have been in the works for only 1 week.

I am sorry, but I kinda had a doubt that an argument about grooming habits between Moss and Brady was a real confrontation and not just two players ribbing each other. If that is the best the media can find between Moss and Brady, you gotta assume their relationship hasn't been frayed during this.

So, for the record, you're disagreeing that Casserly was the first to bring this up to a national audience?

1240265992468.jpg

no...I'm asking for hard copy print evidence of this assertion...it should be easy to produce , no?

Let's assume it's accurate for arguments sake. Could Brady have enough juice to make this happen? Scenario: BB is working on a trade, Moss/Brady have words, Brady goes to BB and says "I'm done with him".

Here's another log for the fire: Maroney did not play another down in New England when it counted after missing a block on Ray Lewis. Brady goes to sidelines and says "he's killing me, get him outta here."

All speculation of course, merely a therory that fits the facts. Niether of those guys are here anymore.

I love this.

Brady is secretly pulling Belichick's strings. Belichick is pulling Kraft's strings. Gisele is pulling Brady's strings.

I'm finding it hard to keep track of who is pulling whose strings. :p

Last edited:
Brady will tear into guys when it's necessary, just like coach does including to him. I know Randy had heard this concept was in effect here and he still marveled at it when he arrived here. He mentioned that the fact everyone was fair game and tried to talk as if he was OK with that but I do not think that was ever the case. It's well documented they had a little dustup last season when Brady called Moss out on a play in practice. Moss was very upset and Brady got word later (I assume Faulk) and had to call Randy and apologize and smooth things over. That had to be getting old, especially after the JETS game...

Jay Glazer said this AM that the trade was all but a done deal by Monday night. The teams had agreed on compensation Tuesday AM after working on it for over a week. The hold up in announcing the deal was that Belichick could not reach Moss by phone on Tuesday to inform him prior to announcing the deal. The timeline fits with Minnesota freeing the roster spot.

At the end of the day while he won't divulge the details (although they will eventually come out as they did in Patriot Reign because Bill doesn't swear guys to secrecy for evah...) Bill told us the truth, there were a lot of factors that went into the decision and in the end he decided it was in the best interest of the team that they just move on.

Last edited:
no...I'm asking for hard copy print evidence of this assertion...it should be easy to produce , no?

Apparently there's this contraption called "Google". I'm really not sure how it's powered, but apparently you type information into this thing called a "search bar" and hit search. Wouldn't you know that it actually pulls up relevant media for you such as newspaper articles, images, and videos! :D

Anyway, this came up first on my Google search. A New York Times article from September 20, 2007. I'll post the link and quote the important part...

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/20/sports/football/20mangini.html

The fact that the Patriots and Jets are division rivals — and that the Patriots would have a significant advantage if they deciphered the Jets’ defensive signals — may be what saves Mangini from further questions.

“The guy has no choice,” said the former Texans general manager Charley Casserly, who first reported suspicions that the Patriots were taping opposing coaches last year.

I say Brady definitely has the juice. Only Manning might have more with his team. My guess is Brady defended and advocated for Moss to BB for a while, but finally came around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back