PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Casserly: Brady and Moss had confrontation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, BelichickFan brought up the Spygate incident being originally broken by Casserly.

Spygate was broken by an "unnamed source" per the NY Daily News following Goodell's public announcement. You have HARD COPY evidence that this was Casserly? I'd like to see it....
Here you go, I also saw the report with my own eyes live :

"Charley Casserly, a former N.F.L. general manager and now an analyst for CBS, reported last season that the Patriots had been caught videotaping coaches. Casserly told The Boston Globe this week that he was not talking about the incident at Lambeau Field, but about an earlier game."

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/13/sports/football/13patriots.html

Although I am amused at the thought of Brady and Moss fighting like teenage girls.

Did one of them run to Belichick to tell on the other? :p
BB comes in and breaks it up and asks what happened. Randy says "Tom started it, he started pulling my beard so i pulled his hair" At this point Brady jumps in and says "Did not, you pulled my hair First" They then start slapping each other. BB says stop it both of you or no ice cream for either one of you.

Last edited:
Let's assume it's accurate for arguments sake. Could Brady have enough juice to make this happen? Scenario: BB is working on a trade, Moss/Brady have words, Brady goes to BB and says "I'm done with him".

Here's another log for the fire: Maroney did not play another down in New England when it counted after missing a block on Ray Lewis. Brady goes to sidelines and says "he's killing me, get him outta here."

All speculation of course, merely a therory that fits the facts. Niether of those guys are here anymore.

Neither was Galloway after Brady got upset with him last season. Doesn't mean Brady's playing GM though.

And I'm dreading the inevitable "We traded Moss because of Brady's hair" thread...

Let's assume it's accurate for arguments sake. Could Brady have enough juice to make this happen? Scenario: BB is working on a trade, Moss/Brady have words, Brady goes to BB and says "I'm done with him".

Here's another log for the fire: Maroney did not play another down in New England when it counted after missing a block on Ray Lewis. Brady goes to sidelines and says "he's killing me, get him outta here."

All speculation of course, merely a therory that fits the facts. Niether of those guys are here anymore.

Does he have enough juice to make it happen. With Moss absolutely.

More speculations...

Moss is not a BB style player. Brady was the one who lobbied BB to trade for Moss in the first place. Brady is the guy who mentors Moss to keep quiet and how to work with BB and Brady is the guy who defends Moss and covers for him. Brady was always his biggest ally.

So once Brady goes to BB and says get rid of him he is not a team player. BB's response was I have been wanting to do that since he was a jerk to Cassell after the KC game in 2008. The only reason I have kept him was to keep YOU happy. He is gone tomorrow.

And I'm dreading the inevitable "We traded Moss because of Brady's hair" thread...

ROFLMAO!

Obviously, we would go in ready to argue that it was NOT the hair. Don't be ridiculous.

It was Moss's beard.

Something in me wants to question meteorologist man...

If this were somehow not exaggerated, someone would have to explain away why Brady's audible plays were often throws to Moss.
Because of the way the defensive players lined up on the plays in question?

I mean, really. Come on. You honestly believe Brady won't go to the play that will have the best chance of success?

Last edited:
There are so many rumors about Moss' departure, I've decided to move on. Who cares anymore!?

I know one thing though - Casserly hates the Patriots. I don't believe much of what that idiot has to say.

This is a riot. I can just see Moss telling Brady he looks like an effing girl. That explains why Brady has been silent. As my father would say, all good women know when to shut their yapper:D

I love Randy but how many threads are we going to have?

Here you go, I also saw the report with my own eyes live :

"Charley Casserly, a former N.F.L. general manager and now an analyst for CBS, reported last season that the Patriots had been caught videotaping coaches. Casserly told The Boston Globe this week that he was not talking about the incident at Lambeau Field, but about an earlier game."

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/13/sports/football/13patriots.html

yeah...that was PRE-SPYGATE...and the league never did anything at THAT point...Casserly did NOT break Spygate....now unless YOU can produce the "unnamed source" from the NY Daily News, I'm going to lay this dog to rest. THat is unless you have some reason to be a Charlie Casserly apologist, like you're his kid or something.

Because of the way the defensive players lined up on the plays in question?

I mean, really. Come on. You honestly believe Brady won't go to the play that will have the best chance of success?

I am doubting he would call plays designed to get the ball to a player he doesn't think is giving it his all. That would by definition be the play with the least chance of success.

Does he have enough juice to make it happen. With Moss absolutely.

More speculations...

Moss is not a BB style player. Brady was the one who lobbied BB to trade for Moss in the first place. Brady is the guy who mentors Moss to keep quiet and how to work with BB and Brady is the guy who defends Moss and covers for him. Brady was always his biggest ally.

So once Brady goes to BB and says get rid of him he is not a team player. BB's response was I have been wanting to do that since he was a jerk to Cassell after the KC game in 2008. The only reason I have kept him was to keep YOU happy. He is gone tomorrow.

I wrote this week that this signals a return to the Patriot Way. Do you think that #12 has enough juice to play GM on the field? Can he make sure Moss, Maroney, and as one other poster reminded us, Galloway are out? Scary to me that the QB can get guys fired, even if he's the Chosen One.

Apparently there's this contraption called "Google". I'm really not sure how it's powered, but apparently you type information into this thing called a "search bar" and hit search. Wouldn't you know that it actually pulls up relevant media for you such as newspaper articles, images, and videos! :D
I've heard about that, too. Someone about the ... the ... internette ..., which I guess is the female intern that looks stuff up for you.

ROFLMAO!

Obviously, we would go in ready to argue that it was NOT the hair. Don't be ridiculous.

It was Moss's beard.

So long as we include that it was either Kraft or Giselle who hated the beard, there's no way anyone could argue against it.

I expect one of the Boston reporters to do this within the next few days.

This is a riot. I can just see Moss telling Brady he looks like an effing girl. That explains why Brady has been silent. As my father would say, all good women know when to shut their yapper:D

I love Randy but how many threads are we going to have?

Brady hasn't been 'completey' silent. He spoke on Patriots all access. Brady did his best Hoodie impression as Zo lofted softballs to him. Professed love for Randy, blah blah blah. I havn't read the transcript yet, but he talk about loving to find the open reciever. There's a little bit of "now I don't have to feed him anymore and can get back to doing what I do best..."

I wrote this week that this signals a return to the Patriot Way. Do you think that #12 has enough juice to play GM on the field? Can he make sure Moss, Maroney, and as one other poster reminded us, Galloway are out? Scary to me that the QB can get guys fired, even if he's the Chosen One.

Whoever said he was the chosen one? :)

(Note sig):rocker:

Does anyone else find this completely hilarious.

Just us Jet Fans. I mean really folks, beards and hair styles? either this is complete bs or someone needs to stop taking themselves so f'n seriously.

They have lost chemistry since 2007 . They don't talk much on bench anymore.
And why did Brady call Branch before the trade?
Sounds like a guy calling his ex-girlfriend:

"Hey baby... yeah, it's me... I miss you. I really do. What's that? Yeah I got a new partner but I'm thinking of you, baby. My time with you was so much more special... I want you back...."

Just us Jet Fans. I mean really folks, beards and hair styles? either this is complete bs or someone needs to stop taking themselves so f'n seriously.

Oh, come on. Not just Jets fans find this funny. I know I do, and I want every single Jet to be loaded into a rocket and shot into the sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back