PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Casserly: Brady and Moss had confrontation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Reiss just said on Ch 4 sports that now that he knows what was going on behind the scenes, letting Moss go was absolutley the right decision and he had to go. He didnt elaborate.

I'm glad he knows. Elaboration is over-rated.

Who doesn't argue in the locker room? What teammates don't argue?

This is only coming out now because Moss was traded.

Should be a non-story.

This report makes sense to me. The whole thing with 'hairgate' sounded like a joke, complete with Boomer laughing in the background. Do you guys suppose that a player or players said "watch this...Hey Casserly, did you hear about Tommy and Randy being separated over Randy's beard and Tom's haircut? Randy called him a girl." Meanwhile, they are laughing their asses off as Casserly rolls that out Sunday on national TV.

Let's remember, these are 20-something year old guys. Why wouldn't they play a joke on a reporter? I know Boomer said he believes Casserly, but what is he going to say? Same network. He can't roll out with "Some young guys put Charlie toegether on this. There's no way that happend." He can't blow Casserly's credibility, otherwise his show/network loses credibilty.

This report makes sense to me. The whole thing with 'hairgate' sounded like a joke, complete with Boomer laughing in the background. Do you guys suppose that a player or players said "watch this...Hey Casserly, did you hear about Tommy and Randy being separated over Randy's beard and Tom's haircut? Randy called him a girl." Meanwhile, they are laughing their asses off as Casserly rolls that out Sunday on national TV.

Let's remember, these are 20-something year old guys. Why wouldn't they play a joke on a reporter? I know Boomer said he believes Casserly, but what is he going to say? Same network. He can't roll out with "Some young guys put Charlie toegether on this. There's no way that happend." He can't blow Casserly's credibility, otherwise his show/network loses credibilty.

Yes, I think this is likely what happened too. With all the joking about Brady's hair, it is easy to see where someone might have gotten the idea.

Why would Brady say cut your beard?

I know 2005 was ages ago, but honestly, no one remembers the Patriots getting playoff beards for the Super Bowl run?

The whole team got them.

I could definitely see it happening. Would explain the trade to avoid a divided locker room for Brady backers vs Moss backers. Also, explains BB's terse response that Brady has no input into personnel decisions in order to protect Brady from the media backlash and keep the team chemistry strong.

My opinion on all this is that Brady should get a haircut; he looks like a girl.

If one's got a winning attitude, isn't Brady pretty much the easiest guy to get along with?

Good thing the QB in Minnesota doesn't have a big ego either otherwise this could end very badly for the Vikings.

(I think Childress may have just "duped" Belichick into trading him the guy who's ultimately going to get him fired. If Childress can't win with this lineup perhaps the owners will feel it's time to move on)

Last edited:
I don't see any reason to pile on Randy at this point
... except for football related comparisons I'm done being a part of the gossip.

i think the more of us who ignore the rabid media on this the better ... just my opinion.

Last edited:
If one's got a winning attitude, isn't Brady pretty much the easiest guy to get along with?

Good thing the QB in Minnesota doesn't have a big ego either otherwise this could end very bady for the Vikings.

(I think Childress may have just "duped" Belichick into trading him the guy who's ultimately going to get him fired. If Childress can't win with this lineup perhaps the owners will feel it's time to move on)

You realize that the "report" is false right?

You realize that the "report" is false right?

Frankly I don't give a damn whether it's true or false... but I almost hope Brady gave him an earful for putting money ahead of winning... the time for the posturing was before the games started...

Moss made a good business decision for himself but I've got little patience for guys who go about it the way Moss did

But to your point - was it actually fully refuted and Casserly and everyone retracted the statement?

Becaus if that's the case I didn't know... but if we're all saying we know it's false because it was "news" to Belichick then I'd respectfully submit that we just don't know what the truth is (and again, nor do I care)

I do get a chuckle out of seeing how badly Chilly does handling Favre and then adding Moss to the mix!

Frankly I don't give a damn whether it's true or false... but I almost hope Brady gave him an earful for putting money ahead of winning... the time for the posturing was before the games started...

He played nearly every snap on offense while here, he kept his business off the field without holding out.

Moss made a good business decision for himself but I've got little patience for guys who go about it the way Moss did

So helping win 3 out of 4 while handling his business in private with BB is doing things wrong?

But to your point - was it actually fully refuted and Casserly and everyone retracted the statement?

Becaus if that's the case I didn't know... but if we're all saying we know it's false because it was "news" to Belichick then I'd respectfully submit that we just don't know what the truth is (and again, nor do I care)

Peter King shot it down.

I do get a chuckle out of seeing how badly Chilly does handling Favre and then adding Moss to the mix!

Dream situation for both of them (Favre and Moss) :p We'll see just how much Moss has left I suppose.

He played nearly every snap on offense while here, he kept his business off the field without holding out.

So helping win 3 out of 4 while handling his business in private with BB is doing things wrong?

You know you're right.

Moss wasn't a distraction, was clearly playing his best football of his career even though the numbers say otherwise and Belichick has lost his mind.

You've convinced me.

Casserly said the Patriots were known to/talked about recording coaches. Then Camera Gate happened. That's my point. It was PRE-SPYGATE and Casserly was right. Damn, some people just don't get it.

yeah,keep getting all bent out of shape because someone has the temerity to doubt the veracity of your binkie,Crasserly...oh wait....looks like things have swung completely in the opposite direction to the "Damn, some people just don't get it." side.Oh well,not like I expect you to comment on THIS latest development.I'll be eagerly awaiting your next Crasserly communique as soon as the "news" is beamed to you from Planet Moron....

tinfoil_hat_antenna.jpg

You know you're right.

Moss wasn't a distraction, was clearly playing his best football of his career even though the numbers say otherwise and Belichick has lost his mind.

You've convinced me.

Strawman arguments are awesome. Nice display.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back