PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we not give up on Tom Brady after one game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going by what i was reading on the GDT the ones complaining most had joined in the last couple of years, probably youngins that have no knowlage of what it was like to be a pats fan even twenty years ago. Spoiled whinny brats.
That means posters like viper gts

I have though and that is enough to warrant a thread (plus the link I posted). I posted this on a PS Vita and took 1 hour so at least ask not to dismiss what I am saying. I am relaxed, I just both want to discuss this topic and hear opinions from Patriots fans.

Do not dismiss this thread, thank you.
Perhaps you should try out again this year for Bill

I think talk radio and media in general have a vested interest in creating some sort of hysteria or controversy, as for some reason it attracts viewers..

How many times have I or do you run into a "fan" spouting a falsehood perpetuated by Felger, Borges etc.

This is why I have not listened to that form of media since the first week loss.. unfortunately the intelligent voices are drowned out by the conspiracy theorists..

I think talk radio and media in general have a vested interest in creating some sort of hysteria or controversy, as for some reason it attracts viewers..

How many times have I or do you run into a "fan" spouting a falsehood perpetuated by Felger, Borges etc.

This is why I have not listened to that form of media since the first week loss.. unfortunately the intelligent voices are drowned out by the conspiracy theorists..

Regardless of what a significant number of posters say, they listen to TSH, EEI, watch BSPN and other stir-the-pot, contrarian media sources and let it influence their opinion of this team and emotional state.

Relax. Brady was a little off with his new offense. He was not a noodle arm like Manning was. Snap out of it.

Exactly. When I see Brady's short range accuracy decline then I'll freak out. Manning was a non factor at 39.

Not giving up on Brady at all. The injuries are pissing me off , the big plays that the d gave up annoyed me but most of all it was the coaching. Twice we failed to convert on 4th down, Josh tried some cutsey stuff that just didn't work, why not get Brady to do a QB sneak ? He has been so successful in the past with that. The coaches need to be held accountable for this loss more than anyone else. And with Jules out and now Dola, Gronk and Cook will have to find away to get separation and help Brady out. If they don't have long sustained drives next week the results will be the same as Thursday night

I really think the keys will be Hogan and (gulp) Dorsett - if they can take the pressure off Gronk and Cooks, those two will carry the load.

Gronk was getting mauled by Berry all night. Give Berry credit - he dared the refs to call everything, but it's Gronk, so they called nothing. The double-standard against that guy (see Kuechly, Luke) is ridiculous.

All this talk about Brady being over the hill is total horseshit, it's not even worth addressing.

Let's look at what Brady had to work with:

1) Edelman - out (DNP)
2) Mitchell - out (DNP)
3) Amendola - 100 yards through 3 quarters - out (concussion)
4) Gronk - defended by pro-bowl safety Eric Berry with help over the top.
5) Hogan - defended by pro-bowl corner Marcus Peters with occasional help.
6) Cooks - no previous live game experience
7) Allens - no previous live game experience
8) Dorsett - no previous experience whatsoever.

So by the fourth quarter, his top FIVE weapons that he's had to work with in the past are either out or effectively neutralized. At the end of the game, he was down to three pure receivers, one of who he'd only had days to work with (Dorsett).

Despite all that, they were actually leading 27-21 when Amendola went out of the game. When he went out, the wheels came off the offense because there was nobody to work the belly of the defense and stretch it, keep it honest.

That's all there is to it for me.

Well I would just say the offense technically did enough to win the game. The defense was the bigger problem. Giving up some big plays.. The only thing I found a little concerning was the lackadaisical play at the end of the game at about the 5 minute mark. They were losing by 8 points and they went 3 and out in very poor fashion and then gave up another huge play.. and then at the very end the team quit.

Tom is fine.. he had a bad game but he is still one of the best playing still even at this point in time. That throw to Dwayne Allen was atrocious though... talk about wide open. He made a few bad side line throws.

I also noticed that at least on 80-85% of the throws when Brady was throwing over the top of the defense his receivers were blanketed. The Chiefs in the 2nd half play tight coverage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back