PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we not give up on Tom Brady after one game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He once almost died on the field and he came back from it.
Are you talking about the broken collarbone when he was with STL? I was watching it live, and all he cared about was whether or not the replay showed that it was a catch.

The cameras showed him walking back to the locker room (still looking up at the replay) and he was so pissed, he smashed his helmet against the concrete wall, like 3-4 times.

I think our offense will be just fine as long as he can play at least 12 games + hopeful playoffs. I'm fine with having him field fair catch punts inside the 20, but no more returns at this point. 3 yrs in a row is enough for me.

I really hope we aren't seeing a repeat of 2015 Peyton Manning. It would be a sad sight to see. Furthermore, Brady doesn't have a D who can carry him.
Relax. Brady was a little off with his new offense. He was not a noodle arm like Manning was. Snap out of it.

madden curse? (sarcasm intended)

madden curse? (sarcasm intended)
5QvsoCS.gif

I see.....you are one of those fans who simply cannot admit Brady played less than his typical GOAT-self.

No use debating that point.

Whatever, we put up 27 points and that was almost all Brady, and that's enough to win most any game with any kind of D or running game. . That's your bottom line.

Yeah, I'm the greatest Brady ballwahser in the land. He's earned a good scrubbing.

Whatever, we put up 27 points and that was almost all Brady, and that's enough to win most any game with any kind of D or running game. . That's your bottom line.

Yeah, I'm the greatest Brady ballwahser in the land. He's earned a good scrubbing.

OK. You've admitted it and thats fine.

KC has been a well coached, very good team for a handful of years now and will be this year. However, losing Eric Berry is
catastrophic.

They're a glass-cannon team. If they stayed healthy, they've got game-changers at almost every level. And Alex Smith is a lot better than most here will ever credit. But they're not deep - you can't replace a Justin Houston or and Eric Berry, and if Tyreek Hill goes down, their offense takes 10 huge steps back.

BB, on the other hand, builds more redundant teams.

They're a glass-cannon team. If they stayed healthy, they've got game-changers at almost every level. And Alex Smith is a lot better than most here will ever credit. But they're not deep - you can't replace a Justin Houston or and Eric Berry, and if Tyreek Hill goes down, their offense takes 10 huge steps back.

Top heavy team. Just like Seattle.

OK. You've admitted it and thats fine.

You're right, Smith is entirely competent. BB's big edge has always been Brady. He can roll out the likes of a Caldwell and still get to the AFCCG.

Yeah. I mean the offense was firing blanks. They couldn't even get to the end zone. It's not like we scored 27 points or anything. Bench Brady!!! /s

On a team where the culture is that you must re-earn your job very week, maybe every day, evaluation never ends. TB is no exception to this.I think h would tell you that himself. On the "it is what it is" front, it's a fact that TB is 40 years old, and he is in certain respects going to decline - inevitably - at some point. It would be irresponsible for BB not to keep an eye on this.

All that having been said, it is indeed ridiculous to conclude from last week's epically weird game that it's time for a change. TB really is the greatest of all time, and it'll take a lot more than a few missteps, even a little actual decline, before talk of replacing him makes any sense at all.

There is nothing wrong with Brady. Brady has to break in new receivers. Everyone calling him an old washed up qb is only a good thing for us. Nothing better than a motivated Brady. The one thing I didn't like from Brady was his attempt to be Joe Flacco. It was unlike him to not utilize the short passing game with some screens and dump offs to the running backs. Yes, it would have likely led to just as many if not more punts for us, but that is the kind of hidden yardage we thrive on.

On a side note, I hope Kyle Van Noy gets chewed out. I'd say 75% of our inability to stop the run was his fault.

Giving up on Brady after one game? Or even after several games?
No. Not a question.
But whether we should be worried about that Defense? Yep, that's a fair question.

Bad game by the GOAT. I'm getting pretty old (55 in Oct) so my memory might be getting bad, but I can't ever remember Brady ever having TWO bad games in a row. I expect Brady to go on a tear against N.O., especially if Amendola plays.

Not giving up on Brady at all. The injuries are pissing me off , the big plays that the d gave up annoyed me but most of all it was the coaching. Twice we failed to convert on 4th down, Josh tried some cutsey stuff that just didn't work, why not get Brady to do a QB sneak ? He has been so successful in the past with that. The coaches need to be held accountable for this loss more than anyone else. And with Jules out and now Dola, Gronk and Cook will have to find away to get separation and help Brady out. If they don't have long sustained drives next week the results will be the same as Thursday night

I would like to see a little man coverage once in awhile. Can our guys do that?

This post makes me feel better about the offense. Can you do one about the defense? I didn't think our defense had lost that many key players so am wondering where the wheels came off there.

Before addressing anything the D did, I think it's important to remember that number one, Andy Reid came up with probably the best game plan of his coaching career, as well as coached probably one of the best game of his career, and number two, Alex Smith pretty much had the best game of his career. Going to the spread and lining Hunt, Kelce, etc., all over the place really stressed our D, especially communications wise. There were one too many miscommunications and blown assignments, and those were what gave up the big plays that broke our backs.

When Hightower came out of the game, the playmaking ability of the D just disappeared. I really think Hightower has to go back to the middle of the field, and Van Noy would probably be best not as MLB but in Richard's place as the weakside backer. Van Noy is the biggest reason the Chiefs kept getting 2nd and short situations as he just struggles against the run going through the tackles. I hated the bear front we went into after Hightower left the game because it left nobody over the middle which is where Hunt killed us.

The good news is all this is fixable- and I expect to see a much better D in NO.

I really like the 3rd down Wise-Butler-Guy front. They generated serious pressure, and once they get the calls down, a good rhythm going, get the stunt game going, they are going to be a force.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back