Not open for further replies.

Boston Boxer

U.S. Air Force Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Brother NEM...i don't care what everyone else says, but you need to do a pre game prayer. It worked in the years past and we need to do it again. Brother NEM do your thing and if people do not want to participate, then then do not have to.

This is the first game to glory...Go Pats!

I agree - do your thing Brother NEM!

Let them take offense. Just Do It!

NEM you know I don't appreciate you, but if it will get the W go for it.

Go for it NEM, do these same people object to using money because every dollar we spend has In God We Trust on it. I'm not religous in any way but I like the communal aspect of NEMs prayer. Besides did anyone complain last playoffs?

Last edited:
I've never read your prayers. But, if you keep it non political and general to 'god', then those who are offended will just have to pick up the pieces of their lives and move on.

If you want the tribe member perspective... I don't care. Do your thing, man.

I agree, lets keep the routine.

BB: Armaments, Chapter Two, Verses Nine to Twenty-One.
McGinest: "And Saint Attila raised the football up on high,
saying, 'Oh, Lord, bless this thy football that with it thou
mayest blow thy enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy.' And the Lord
did grin, and people did feast upon the lambs, and sloths, and
carp, and anchovies, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and
fruit bats, and large --"
BB: Skip a bit, Willy.
McGinest: "And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou snap thine ball to thy God. Then, shalt thou count to three, no more, no less.
Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the
counting shalt be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either
count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is
right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be
reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy football of Antioch towards
thou angels. Thine angels around thy God shall block the devils and who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.'"
BB: Amen.

Michael said:
BB: Armaments, Chapter Two, Verses Nine to Twenty-One.
McGinest: "And Saint Attila raised the football up on high,
saying, 'Oh, Lord, bless this thy football that with it thou
mayest blow thy enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy.' And the Lord
did grin, and people did feast upon the lambs, and sloths, and
carp, and anchovies, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and
fruit bats, and large --"
BB: Skip a bit, Willy.
McGinest: "And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou snap thine ball to thy God. Then, shalt thou count to three, no more, no less.
Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the
counting shalt be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either
count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is
right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be
reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy football of Antioch towards
thou angels. Thine angels around thy God shall block the devils and who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.'"
BB: Amen.

Yeah, that's the prayer. :rocker: :rocker:

Last edited:
I would respectfully ask that you say your prayer in private and not post it here. Those who feel like they need prayers for an NFL game should do so on their own accord........and in private. I for one would be offended on any Board. Troll or not.

You have the right to say it. People that are offeneded by it have the right not to read it. Go for it.

It became a pre-game ritual so you need to do it.

I am not one into prayer and I only occasionally took a peek at the thread. I think I did post a couple times.

There is nothing wrong with public prayer on a message board, IMO. The thread is clearly marked. If I do not want to open it, I do not have to. No one is making me.

PATSummerallofthe80s said:
I would respectfully ask that you say your prayer in private and not post it here. Those who feel like they need prayers for an NFL game should do so on their own accord........and in private. I for one would be offended on any Board. Troll or not.

I respectfully ask that you troll some where else today.

Did someone say something???

Proceed NEM.....

A pre-game prayer is part of the ritual of most players and most teams, and many boards. NEM's prayers have never been sectarian (with possible offense to those of individual religions). They have never prayed for harm to the players of other team (which many, including me, would find offensive).

For me (not speaking for Ian), asking for God's blessing and protection is always appropriate. If such a request offends, I think it's OK. Believers cannot and should not change their lives and never mention God simply because someone might be offended. If a board bans me or deletes such posts, so be it.

As an aside, I will give unsolicited advice. Many live their lives, worrying at every turn whether something they do will give offense. My opinion, and I submit those of many healthcare and pastoral professionals) is that this a very unhealthy way to live life.
----------------------------------------------------------

BOTTOM LINE, many here want NEM's prayer for one of three reasons, all valid
1) It is always appropriate to ask for God's blessing before an important event
2) NEM's prayer is a ritual of this board, and has been followed by many wins.
3) NEM's prayer is his right as matter of free speech that is not in any way (IMHO) against the rules of this board. I suppose he could sarcastically mark it OT.

mgteich

It's a toungue-in-cheek prayer to the FOOTBALL Gods (who incedently no-one beleives exist). It's a joke and is only meant for purposes of entertainment.

Lighten up, Francis.

For those that don't like it can go straght to @*&^%.:D Go for it NEM.

Well said; had I carefully read all the posts of the thread, I wouldn't have bothered with my thread; yours is more clear and concise.

Patti37 said:
It became a pre-game ritual so you need to do it.

I am not one into prayer and I only occasionally took a peek at the thread. I think I did post a couple times.

There is nothing wrong with public prayer on a message board, IMO. The thread is clearly marked. If I do not want to open it, I do not have to. No one is making me.

PATSNUTme said:
I respectfully ask that you troll some where else today.

OK....I am willing to compromise. NEM may publish a prayer on this Board, but he may only pray for the Patriots to win the coin toss and up to two New England Coaches challenges. Anything beyond that would still be considered offensive in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft