PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos sign Aqib Talib

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not fair!!! Elway threw in a couple of bales of indica and a five year supply of glass pipes and screens...how are we gonna compete with that???? it's not even legal here....talk about a slanted playing field...

Signing Talib in a state with legalized marijuana may not have been a smart move.

Aqib Talib gets busted | ProFootballTalk

Amendola would probably sustain a career ending injury trying to injure another player.

They'll both explode into thousands of tiny shards on collision

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 2m
Patriots in a strong position to land Revis now, especially after Talib's deal. Revis wants to be there. Will only take a 5th round pick

BB had it planned all along. (PLEASE BE SO)

Nostradamus? People like you thought they would surely win one last season and we all saw how that turned out.
Not me. I never once thought they would win the Super Bowl last year.

But don't worry folks, we'll have plenty of cap space available when Chase Rettig takes over for Tom Brady down the road.

Ton of money but the Broncos sure know how to play the FA game .... the greatly improve their team while severely weakening their #1 AFC opponent in the process. :mad:
Really Bob, IIRC they've lost their C, LT, LG so far and another starting G is a FA. Seattle gave people a good blueprint to stop the Denver offense when it had the best pass protecting OL in the league. How is Peyton going to deal with a make shift OL and defenses flooding the short and mid range zone praying for him to throw a lollipop deep.

Here's a prediction. Denver will go 10-0 to start the season and the bandwagon won't be big enough for all the sycophants to climb aboard. Then they will go 3-3 over the last 6 games as the injuries start to accumulate. Finally after getting a bye, they will lose their first playoff game. and start another decade of mediocrity like they had after their cheating in the late 90's

Some of the whining, 2nd guessing posts I've seen just in this thread make me ashamed. They can't have been written by Pats fans who have ANY knowledge of their own team. Like the idiot who cried about the Pats pass rush, not knowing they finished 5th in the NFL (ahead of Seattle btw) in sacks despite all the injuries.

And yes I understant that sacks are not the end all and be all of judging a pass rush, and we need to see improvements in that area. BUT...most of the rest of league needs to improve even more than us.

Who is JLC?

giphy.gif

Guys, look on the bright side. If the Broncos fail to win the SB next year, it will put an end to the fallacious narrative that "Brady has won more SB's because he's ALWAYS had a better defensive cast than Manning" :rolleyes:.

Patriots in a strong position to land Revis now, especially after Talib's deal. Revis wants to be there. Will only take a 5th round pick

Check out @JasonLaCanfora's Tweet: https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/443596405073256449
If this is the case just get it done. As good as Talib is, Revis is an upgrade on Talib and doesn't come with much attached baggage. He'll provide instant credibility to the D and allow Belichick and Patricia to get creative knowing one side of the field has been successfully defended. That means McCourty more than likely can patrol Dennard/Ryan's side of the field with over the top help. I'd put Harmon on Revis' side and dare the QB to go in that direction.

God, the possibility that Revis may actually be one of ours is starting to eat at me.

He's the guy who took Schefter's old job at NFL Network after Schefter jumped over to ESPN. Legit source.

Sounds good. Hopefully Schefter could shed some light on Revis, good news of course.

But we don't have a 5th round pick. We traded it for Isaac Sapoaga. :bricks:

Well then just give them Sopoaga for Revis. Problem solved.

If this is the case just get it done. As good as Talib is, Revis is an upgrade on Talib and doesn't come with much attached baggage. He'll provide instant credibility to the D and allow Belichick and Patricia to get creative knowing one side of the field has been successfully defended. That means McCourty more than likely can patrol Dennard/Ryan's side of the field generally with over the top help.

God, the possibility that Revis may actually be one of ours is starting to eat at me.

Lol Im right there with ya man, I dont think ill be sleeping much tonight.

I bet BB laughed his ass off when he found out how much Talib just stole from the donkos.

hoping BB's defensive genius would come out with Revis locking down a side.

I bet BB laughed his ass off when he found out how much Talib just stole from the donkos.
I bet he doesn't give 2 turds what they're paying him and his first thought was "dayum, the Donks just got a lot better...."

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes