PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos sign Aqib Talib

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Elway forget talib has a horrible hip?

You think we should have paid Talib that much?

No and i dont even care that hes gone.

What i do care about is in the last 3 seasons the broncos have got talib, welker, manning and apparently ware .

But the pats cant not **** around and give someone like welker 15 mil over 3 seasons.

My brain cant comprehend how the broncos got all that money. Have a competitive team and are better than us and yet the pats have us believe that we cant.afford anyone.but the kellys and carters of the world.

Can anyone deny that a team like denver has spent money and got legit.players to put togethwr a super bowl team? Regardless of how much. They were better than us already and.they fixed one of.their biggest weaknesses

He laughed his ass off?

Im not gonna overreact but heres a undeniable fact. Broncos have talib and we dont.

Tell me how that makes.us better? The numbers shouldnt matter and anyone who.says is making excuses.

Its a ugly trend watching the pats let their best players walk and.have zero.superbowls to show for it with the money they supposedly save .

.....and how many does Elway/Manning have for Denver's big spending last year?

Enjoy watching Manning(arm) and Talib(hip) fight over the Geritol bottle for their degenerative conditions.

I'm laughing my ass off. The sun will set, the sun will rise and the Patriots will win between 11-14 games again next year.

All that counts is getting into the playoffs, and then the chips fall where they may then.

You are comedy gold.

$26 million guaranteed for a guy with a degenerative hip condition and you are jumping off bridges.

Ask your doctor to increase the prescription.

Yeah, I didn't bother with all the weeping and gnashing of teeth, but I'd be pissed to see himm pogoing around on the bad hip for 26 million down the tubes.

I guess Broncos are going to hit the cellar in a few years. Putting all their chips on 2014 and the health of Talib. I don't even blame him for taking that. I'm guessing he's not averse to a little legal weed either.

No, but the Patriots have two 6th round picks. Belichick traded a 5th for Sopoaga and a 6th which is just 25 picks further down the board.

Why would they spend picks on him when he is going to be released in less than 24 hours?

26million gtd...

pL4A1P.gif

Are you honestly in denial over the fact that:

1) Denver was the better team last year, and
2) Since that AFCCG, Denver has gotten better and we have gotten worse

...?

But don't worry folks, we'll have plenty of cap space available when Chase Rettig takes over for Tom Brady down the road.

Denver was the healthier team last year IMO .........

For that kind of money the Broncos can have him. Although, I must say that I've always had character concerns about Talib. Thus, I feel his departure is for the best. Now it is time to go after Darrelle Revis for a good price.

Who is this Chase Rettig guy I keep reading about? Sign the beast!

No and i dont even care that hes gone.

What i do care about is in the last 3 seasons the broncos have got talib, welker, manning and apparently ware .

and zero rings.....

Look, kid, if you're going to write posts like that, just substitute "Redskins" for "Broncos".

They are the March Kings also!

Not me. I never once thought they would win the Super Bowl last year.

But don't worry folks, we'll have plenty of cap space available when Chase Rettig takes over for Tom Brady down the road.

Well since Elway is such a genius my suggestion is to go root for the Bronco's, I hear they are looking for bandwagon fans.

The Donks are all in cause this will be the foreheads last year. That's why Elway is using the Redskin's FA playbook.

Why would they spend picks on him when he is going to be released in less than 24 hours?

If Revis agrees to a pay cut the Pats are cool with why not send a 5th rounder to TB so they eliminate the risk of getting into a bidding war with a team like OAk that has about 60 mil in cap space...

Denver is not in our division.

You know what I meant. They are our biggest AFC rival.

They definitely overpaid that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt to lose a talent like that.

No worries, I'm sure our cheap ownership will sign what's his name or the other guy for a one year "value" contract. :bricks::bricks::bricks:

Really Bob, IIRC they've lost their C, LT, LG so far and another starting G is a FA. Seattle gave people a good blueprint to stop the Denver offense when it had the best pass protecting OL in the league. How is Peyton going to deal with a make shift OL and defenses flooding the short and mid range zone praying for him to throw a lollipop deep.

Here's a prediction. Denver will go 10-0 to start the season and the bandwagon won't be big enough for all the sycophants to climb aboard. Then they will go 3-3 over the last 6 games as the injuries start to accumulate. Finally after getting a bye, they will lose their first playoff game. and start another decade of mediocrity like they had after their cheating in the late 90's

Some of the whining, 2nd guessing posts I've seen just in this thread make me ashamed. They can't have been written by Pats fans who have ANY knowledge of their own team. Like the idiot who cried about the Pats pass rush, not knowing they finished 5th in the NFL (ahead of Seattle btw) in sacks despite all the injuries.

And yes I understant that sacks are not the end all and be all of judging a pass rush, and we need to see improvements in that area. BUT...most of the rest of league needs to improve even more than us.
Ken, I hate the fact that they took a key player from us last year and did the same again this year. Adding key additions for them while removing them off our roster is a wise gameplan no matter how I look at it.

Denver saw first hand what having a stud secondary can do to help win a team a SB and they appear to be seriously working on building such a dominating defense of their own. To go along with an already record setting offense. If they also get Ware, they'll have a very good argument that they are the most talented team in the NFL.

I always appreciate this Patriot team and fully expect them to be competitive again this year.

Because if it works you can control the contract situation vs. getting into a bidding war with other teams.

If I made it my sig, would you be happier? The only thing is, I doubt it applies to other posts in other threads.....

The donkos bandwagon is still open. Beware of those road apples though...

The Patriots would probably be better off dealing for Revis and giving up the compensation and the $16M salary. Because, if they don’t and Revis hits the open market, there’s no guarantee he’ll go anywhere but to the highest bidder. And that could leave the Patriots out in the cold. Without a blanket for coverage.

With Talib gone, Patriots must turn sights to Revis | Comcast SportsNet - CSNNE.com

His contract not is basically a one year deal every year with minimal issues if cut

Broncos had around 27 million in cap space ... I guess they are spending it.

I wonder how much of that money turns out to be real. I'm guessing it's really a ~$10 million/year deal for 4 years, rather than the nominal 6. That's still a heap.

Congrats to Talib for being set for life.

As a fan, I just hope he isn't tougher about playing through injuries now that he's gotten his money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back