PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Sign WR Brandon LaFell to 3-year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

CISGS

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 20s
And now Patriots have reached agreement on a three-year deal with former Panthers WR Brandon LaFell, per source.

I actually like this signing. If he can learn the offense, he is 6'2, well built and will be a good compliment.

I know absolutely nothing about him. Can someone verify if he's any good?

eddie-murphy-nodding.gif

Like I said on the other thread, I wonder if Amendola will make it.

Edelman, LaFell, Dobson, Boyce seem like certainties. That leaves Amendola, Thompkins, Harrison and whoever else competing for one spot. Maybe 2 but we almost always seem to have 5 plus Slater.

I'm not a fan of this one, unless it's light on money. Every year is Lafell's "breakout" and it. never. happens.

I actually like this signing. I have been saying for a while what the Pats have been missing especially in the playoffs is big OUTSIDE WRs. I still will go to my grave saying a deep threat is overrated (at least unless the NFL offenses change to focus more on the down field passing like in the 80s and 90s), but outside receivers are needed to stop defenses from flooding the middle of the field.

I had read on a Panthers board he had far too many drops for their liking.

Apparently he has had a lot of drops.

Edelman, Lafell, Dobson, Amendola, Thompkins, Boyce

That is a nice group of WRs.

LaFell is 6'2'', 208 lbs.

he had a lot of big drops

Him and Dobson could have the same role. Possibly split the snaps. Overall, I like the move. LaFell has speed and size.

I've been hoping that this would happen.

Dobson, Amendola, Edelman, LaFell, Boyce and Tompkins. Good start to training camp.

borderline JAG but i like this signing.

We have only ever seen him with Cam Newton who is a very different QB and runs a very different offense.

He could turn into a dependable #3 or borderline #2 if he works well in our O.

The only issue is I rarely see him gain separation but he seems to do well with jump balls from the tape i have seen. Of course when you run the same go route over and over it might be hard to separate being that predictable.

While the rest of the league is looking on, the Patriots and Broncos are trading body blows:

I got Talib!

- Yeah, well, I got Revis!

Good for you. I got Ward.

- Great! Let me introduce you to Mr. Browner.

Well, I may have lost Decker, but I got Sanders!

- Cool. I kept Edelman and Brought in Lafell.

Ok, but trump card. I've got Ware!

- This isn't over yet, Hee Haw. I'll have the last laugh this year.

Hands of stone but a very good blocker. Not really a good signing but let's give the guy a chance and see what he can do in a Pats uni!

This guy has stone hands. Double he will make the team when season begins.

11m for 3 years? That's quite a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back