Broncos sign Aqib Talib

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsinthesnow

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 52s
Filed to ESPN: Denver has reached agreement on a 6-year, $57M deal that includes $26M gtd with former Patriots CB Aqib Talib, per sources.

EDIT: overreaction rage, I'm shocked.

Yeah, they can have him at that price.

Aqib Talib to Broncos

@AdamSchefter: Filed to ESPN: Denver has reached agreement on a 6-year, $57M deal that includes $26M gtd with former Patriots CB Aqib Talib, per sources.

No!!!!!

Better get Revis...

Honestly... I know this is just a reaction to the 1st day. But hearing constant news of Edelman to leave, Talib now singing with our biggest division rival. They also get Ward and Ware is there in talks.

Just very frustrating to hear is all i will say. Not the end of the world, the pats still have a good roster... just... very frustrating.

Yeah they can have Talib for that contract all they want.

Pretty much.

Not sure what their gonna do now at corner though, luckily there's some decent options still out there.

That is a pretty level headed way to look at it. If he stays healthy for 16 games... good on him and he is very good.

But they definitely did pay top dollar.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m
And now with CB Aqib Talib a Bronco, Patriots figure to make a real push for Darrelle Revis.

Revis or bust.

Damn that's a lot of money.. Still sucks to see him go. Oh well hopefully Ryan and Dennard can do the job.

wow, very surprised by this.

This has to put the Patriots in the running for Revis now? Surely it does?

Further to that point, is Denver really that flush with salary? I know they cleared some space but wow, they seem to be spending heavily.

Elway must know a really good hip doctor.

EDIT: overreaction rage, I'm shocked.

computer-smash-other-guys-Mark-Wahlberg-angry.gif

Broncos know they have a tight window with Manning, so they are mortgaging the future to win it all right now.

I wish Belichick wasn't too pig headed to take the same strategy.

Are we going to let this team continually toy with us?

If we don't sign Revis, our defense has been severely weakened. It's not like we can sign a high end safety to override losing Talib at this point.

Tough blow, losing a shutdown corner to the conference rival, but agree for that price it was seemingly obvious New England was priced out...

Denver is really stocking up for one more run at a Super Bowl with Manning...

Rapid Reax: I really love (hate as a rival fan) the day John Elway just put together. Ward, Talib and probably Ware. ************. And Bill doesn't even look at anyone. So sick of this crap, I get the money was a lot but he was worth it! The AFCCG was lost because of his injury, and he was the reason that secondary thrived at times. Talib singlehandedly won us the Atlanta game and put Jimmy Graham in a witness protection program.

We can't just keep plugging guys in. I am sure Edelman walks now, and THERE IS NO CHANCE IN HELL WE GET REVIS FOR THE RECORD. Tommy's prime is gone and BB is doing nothing while Peyton is in the same boat, yet Elway is doing everything possible to get him more help.

Bright side: There is no way the Broncos can pay Demaryius/Julius next year and some of the other contracts (Harris/Miller).

Conclusion: What a *****ty day.

Surprising but I'm fine with it and glad that we didn't go down that road.

Big victory for Talib, Broncos overpaid big time. I might pay that much for a healthy Talib but with constant hip problems? NO WAY. Good luck when he'll be injured AGAIN when it really matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back