PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brian Brohm a Patriot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe it is completely unrealistic.
True, it is only 99.999999999% unrealistic.

There is always the possibility, however small, that alien mind control slugs like in Heinlein's Puppet Masters could take over Robert Kraft and force him to fire BB and SP and hire Cam Cameron and Matt Millen, who would then draft a WR with the 7th pick and draft QB in Round Two and then re-hire Matt Walsh.

Yeah, I could see that ...

True, it is only 99.999999999% unrealistic.

There is always the possibility, however small, that alien mind control slugs like in Heinlein's Puppet Masters could take over Robert Kraft and force him to fire BB and SP and hire Cam Cameron and Matt Millen, who would then draft a WR with the 7th pick and draft QB in Round Two and then re-hire Matt Walsh.

Yeah, I could see that ...

Well, at least nobody could ever accuse you of not having an open mind. :violent:

An open mind where the wind blows.

"And with the 7th pick in the 2008 NFL draft, the New England Patriots select QB Matt Ryan of Boston College".

Bank on it 2cent.

I heard that if Chad Henne is still on the board at the start of round 2 the Dolphins QUICKLY scoop him up and reunite him with his blocker Jake Long. - I would bet on it.

The only QB I see NE looking at is Brennan in the late rounds,Woodson would be a longshot but he may last till round 4

I would take Woodson as a back-up to TB. Brennan, not so much. Woodson is actually a QB that I think can come in and do a decent job, winning a few games if necessary. People forget that he was the REASON for Kentucky's moderate amount of success last year. Once teams keyed in on stopping him, that team went downhill fast. He's dropped because of a bad senior bowl but could very well be the next coming of Derek Anderson (actually reminds me of Anderson) meaning that he would be a decent back-up in our offense.

Last edited:
Given the fact that Tom Brady took a physical beating in the Super Bowl, I don't think it would be a great surprise to draft a QB, for insurance purposes.

But if you're the Pats, and Brohm is still on the board at the end of round 2 or perhaps at the top of round 3, do you take him?

IMO he won't be so its a moot point.

Well, at least nobody could ever accuse you of not having an open mind. :violent:
Plus, I don't start moronic threads that exhibit a total lack of understanding.

If Brady goes down then the SB hopes go down.

You have a QB in his prime and a real good team and you don't use all your picks to load up your team for SB runs?

I would actually like to see us take Dennis Dixon if he's available in Day 2. The interviews I've seen with him are very good, says the right things, is a hard worker... and had 29 on the Wonderlic (I believe), which is much higher than you usually see from scrambling QBs. Plus he was just a real good QB before that injury.

I would actually like to see us take Dennis Dixon if he's available in Day 2. The interviews I've seen with him are very good, says the right things, is a hard worker... and had 29 on the Wonderlic (I believe), which is much higher than you usually see from scrambling QBs. Plus he was just a real good QB before that injury.

Is he healed up yet?

BINGO!!

Dixon is the guy who jumps over the speeding car in that famous youtube video. He is an incredible athlete, and would make a great "project". He is mostly healed and was doing some workouts. He singlehandedly made Oregon a winner, and without him, they didn't have a prayer. I could see someone taking him and coverting him to a WR, but he would make for on interesting 3rd QB, and maybe a "micheal Bishop" package of plays (you know how BB loves to make the other team work on things).

BTW I wouldn't take Brohm or Woodson over Matt Guiteriez, I couldn't think less of either of them.

Last edited:
Cripes, they could have had Pats1 as their backup QB for all the difference it would have made ... Well, okay, if Pats1 were backup QB he'd have lobbied to keep Patrick Pass and we wouldn't have Sammy Morris.

Hey, now! :D

1124452804_3833.jpg

Last edited:
Please tell me somebody else remembers when Patty Pass just like went numb for a second and completely DROPPED the ball on the ground for no reason! That was one of the worst plays I've seen by a RB.

Please tell me somebody else remembers when Patty Pass just like went numb for a second and completely DROPPED the ball on the ground for no reason! That was one of the worst plays I've seen by a RB.

In his defense he pulled a hamstring and then dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST