PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breer goes back and forth on Hernandez failed drug test count

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Breer is just jealous of CHB.

Re: Breer goes back and forth on hernamdez failed drug test count

yeah...wow...you're right...he didn't have enough "unnamed sources" to back up his fairy story, so he invented two more...and YOU applaud him for it...so I guess you're calling the kid who's accused a liar and HIS statement a prevarification. Wonderful....ever think of trying the sports hack journalist gig yourself?? You've already got the ethics down cold.

1.) The use of "unnamed sources" is rampant in the business, and is not proof of falsehood.

2.) I'm not calling anyone a liar, I'm simply commenting on the step Breer took. Take the time to read my posts before commenting on them and, hopefully, such confusion can be avoided in the future.

3.) You're claiming that Breer made up sources, so it would seem that you are displaying the very ethics you're complaining about.

don't try your patented post twisting, Deus...Tomase used the same "unnamed sources" the week before the Super Bowl that did EXTENSIVE DAMAGE to the team....turned out to be unfounded hearsay...just like this is...you just will NOT answer a direct question...do you think the young kid is LYING in his statement for the record on the record?

don't try your patented post twisting, Deus...Tomase used the same "unnamed sources" the week before the Super Bowl that did EXTENSIVE DAMAGE to the team....turned out to be unfounded hearsay...just like this is...you just will NOT answer a direct question...do you think the young kid is LYING in his statement for the record on the record?

1.) You know the sources are the same? How do you know that?

2.) Is your claim that Breer hasn't heard such reports from his sources as he claims, or are you saying that the sources are giving him inaccurate information?

3.) I have no idea whether or not the kid is lying.

Breer has made his point. Right or wrong he needs to move on and write about something people care about. No-one cares, Albert, move along, get out of the dirt and write a makeup piece for your worthless rip job after one pick.

what are you, a freakin' little weasel or what...you know damn well what I mean when I say that Tomase used "unnamed sources"...it's the same device that Breer is using here. For you to even think of printing something so childishly ridiculous as point #1 leads me to believe that you are totally impossible to deal with. You win.All bow down to the Black Knight of Patsfans dot com...

monty-python-black-knight-with-one-arm-off-794357.jpg

I remember when everybody here was stoked about how Breer was returning to Boston from Dallas. How things have changed.
Yeah, the old Breer would have done film study on a couple of our draft choices by now. The new Breer rips on the first pick solely because of the position then goes Tomase on us.

If this perception caused him to fall to the fourth round and allowed the Pats to steal him, then it's all good to me. As long as he doesn't get suspended in the future, it's a win-win situation for New England.

Here are incontrovertible FACTS:

-Hernandez as a JUNIOR won the Mackey award this year as the best college TE in the nation
-He wasn't picked until the 4th round after 5 other TE's were taken (including the legendary Tony Moeaki by the Chiefs)

Whether or not he did in the past is immaterial NOW once the draft has occurred. The Pats got great talent value for the pick. The only thing that counts now is if he doesn't do anything to get suspended in the future.

Last edited:
Ok so he smoked pot. And he did it more than once? Let's fire up the stakes and get the crucifix ready!! Good old new england media. And you wonder why some athletes hate coming to Boston?

this just in...in breaking news, "unnamed sources" tell Tom Jackson that Patriot players "hate their coach!!"...more on this exemplary job of reporting at 11....

Breer is starting to look like a child crying foul over this...that reads almost like a temper tantrum

Really Breer, are you that petty that you have to get into a war of words with Mike Reiss over getting your initial claims in your story shot down?

Your article still didn't address that both the man himself(written statement through the team or not) and the people close to him have denied that he failed more than one. And if he did fail more than one the most he would have failed is TWO- no matter how hard they would have tried to bury more than two failures those failures would have gotten out to the media and they would have been known. Even in a wiggle-room loophole testing policy a failed test still would have gotten out to somebody in the media.

Last edited:

Lets replace Breer with Tomase since the Black Knight of Irae sees the journalistic integrity as identical

Tomase had a story. He thought he was at least partly correct. There is a claim that he was wrong about there being a walkthrough, so he went back and got more unnamed sources to verify/contradict first article, and he's gotten further verification as a result.

That's actually good work on Tomase's part.

Hmmm...so far so good...isn't THAT the premise?...OK..and now THIS..

Tomase Explanation A Bit Light In Detail

Boston Herald | 7:59 am

May162008

(Edit: 10:00am – Tomase has also posted some specific apologies on the Point After blog as an addendum to the explanation story below.)

Boston Herald Front Cover..Um….so that’s it?

Really?

Here’s the thumbnail version of John Tomase explanation before you decide to go out and buy the paper or click and read the story yourself:

A couple people told me that the Patriots taped the Rams walkthrough. I checked it out, it sounded good, though I didn’t have any proof. I thought the New York Times was closing in and I didn’t want to get beat. We ran with it. I was sure. I was wrong. Sorry.

No sources named.

Whooopee!!!! Tremendous journalism!!!! The Black Knight of Irae wins another lop sided battle.

Another media jackal with a big head, the sports writing is really getting thin in this town.

Lets replace Breer with Tomase since the Black Knight of Irae sees the journalistic integrity as identical

Hmmm...so far so good...isn't THAT the premise?...OK..and now THIS..

Tomase Explanation A Bit Light In Detail

Boston Herald | 7:59 am

May162008

(Edit: 10:00am – Tomase has also posted some specific apologies on the Point After blog as an addendum to the explanation story below.)

Boston Herald Front Cover..Um….so that’s it?

Really?

Here’s the thumbnail version of John Tomase explanation before you decide to go out and buy the paper or click and read the story yourself:

A couple people told me that the Patriots taped the Rams walkthrough. I checked it out, it sounded good, though I didn’t have any proof. I thought the New York Times was closing in and I didn’t want to get beat. We ran with it. I was sure. I was wrong. Sorry.

No sources named.

Whooopee!!!! Tremendous journalism!!!! The Black Knight of Irae wins another lop sided battle.

You're the one equating the sources and accusing Breer of lying, not me. I simply posted that seeking additional verification of a disputed story is good practice, and that, in doing so, he says he's got more sources verifying the story. You're the one who's lost his mind, yet again, because something less than 100% positive was published about someone with ties to the Patriots.

Last edited:
The point is you don't go around making accusations unless you are sure they are true. Second, I personally don't accept "unnamed sources" because there is no way to verify them. He could have made up the sources for all we know, or the sources could be as weak as it gets and he is just trying to make a story where there isn't one.

It simply comes down to poor journalism. There is so much crap going on in sports, let alone the US or the world, and the best thing he can think of writing about is a College kid getting busted for pot? I'll read his "work" and listen to his opinions when he writes about something that matters. I pay more attention to a fly on my wall than this hack.

this just in...another 10,000 unnamed sources tell me the moon is made of green cream cheese...although I'm not 100% certain of the veracity of this story,I still feel I'm doing a great job reporting that this is probably true....you'd have to have lost your mind to insist you want 100% veracity on this story.

I think you're full of sh*t. The Moon is clearly made of blue cream cheese. Perhaps this is explains why there is no blue food on Earth... the moon has all of it. I say it's time we take it back. I only have 2 sources.... but... they're reliable, because I say so. (Pay no attention to the "Journalism for idiots" guide book on my desk, I swear I'm a real Boston Globe Journalist and I can prove it because I don't read or take advice.).

Last edited:
Typical Boston Media reporting. These guys are fortunate that I don't own the team. They would all be banned. They would have zero access. I don't like half assed reporting. If you are going to destroy someone's reputation, have proof to back it up. CONCRETE PROOF. Don't give me crap about unnamed sources. I have never forgiven the Herald for their BS report. Never will. Breer you are a HACK! Just like I boycotted Tomase, I will boycott your crap too. Don't like frauds in journalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST