Welcome to PatsFans.com

Braylon Edwards: "They embarassed us on purpose" LMAO!

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by MrNathanDrake, Dec 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrNathanDrake

MrNathanDrake Rookie

Ratings:
    +95 / 4 / -2

#95 Jersey

Braylon Edwards: “The Patriots Ran Up The Score on Us” | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline
    Thank you Braylon, for stating the obvious. That's what you get for talking so much trash and dropping easy passes
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  2. DropKickFlutie

DropKickFlutie Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

And the Jets couldn't do anything to stop it, is what he is also insinuating.
  3. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0

i love it when they get offended but act like they arent. this the same guy who before the game said how 'veteran' WRs could school rookie corners.
  4. PatsSox363804

PatsSox363804 Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I've never witnessed a more immature team. Edwards, like his counterpart Holmes, are only on that team because they are grade A **** ups. They talk out of their asses all season long, hell even in pre season, they win several games by sheer luck, and then they finally get it handed to them and whine about it.

I hope we drop 50 on them next time.
  5. terabthia2

terabthia2 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Words fail me.

He's channeling Brett "I don't want to make any excuses but..." Favre, only 100X more idiotic.

It's called 60 minutes of football, Braylon. Maybe you should tell your coach to try it sometime.

In the meantime, here...have some cheese with that whine. :bricks:
  6. BoTown

BoTown Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Braylon's tears sustain me.
  7. *ChungFu*

*ChungFu* Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The Jets won't realize they have the option of refusing to speak into every mic shoved into their collective puss until after they have been knocked out of playoff contention and are looking for an emphasis going into next season. These guys don't get it yet. You can't talk your way into playing better. They are almost as bad as one of the posters on JetsInsider that can not fathom how the Jets aren't better than us based on each team's results against Cleveland. Hopeless, mindless, clueless and going forward, winless.
  8. R_T26

R_T26 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Last year they said they want to embarass the pats, all year they talk crap. Edwards does the dougie in butlers face... Twice. Ryan keeps saying he wants to kick BB's ass... And they wondered what happened.
  9. andrewgarrr

andrewgarrr Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't want to say they ran it up, but they ran it up.

He is so cool!
  10. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0

I knew it was just a matter of time before somebody trotted out the 'running up the score' whine, I mean line. Surprised it took this long to surface.

Funny, I don't recall Ryan taking out his starters and conceding defeat, even at the very end of the game.

Perhaps Edwards needs a primer in Jets history:
    Monday Night Football - MNF's Greatest Games: Miami-New York Jets 2000

Or perhaps Edwards needs some more MNF history, when Tampa Bay lost after leading by 21 with four minutes to play:
    Indianapolis Colts vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Recap - October 06, 2003 - ESPN

Whenever I hear or read a comment such as Edwards', what I want to know is this: when exactly is the winning team supposed to stop trying? If they do stop trying, would Edwards be willing to reciprocate and stop trying also, to insure no comeback like the ones mentioned above happen? Should the winning team take a knee with 10 minutes left to play? Punt on first down so Edwards can get back on the field and pad his stats - even if the stat is for dropped passes?

If anything I think I would be more embarrassed by the opponent clearing the bench and they stopped trying, than their scoring a touchdown in the 4th quarter. And that's without even bringing up how much they have run their mouths for the last six months.
  11. furley

furley Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't think that New England ran up the score on the Jets. Here's why...

Extra Points - New England Patriots News and Analysis - Boston.com
  12. cmasspatsfan

cmasspatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Its obvious this team doesnt have the makeup and maturity to win anything other than in their minds.
  13. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0

Actually it gets a little bit odder if you follow the OP's link to the original article. Edwards complains about the Pats running up the score - but then says he would have done the same thing!

Huh?

Braylon Edwards Accuses Patriots of Running Up the Score - NFL - NESN.com
    Rex Ryan puts Patriots loss behind him by burying football before practice | NY Daily News
  14. TealSox

TealSox Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Excuse me if I am wrong, but I didn't see the Jets pull their starters. No, they kept their offensive/defensive starters on the field and those starters got beat down by the Patriots' starters.

So the Pats ran up the score?

Sure, cry that tune when the Patriots' starters are running over the Jets' second and third string players... but don't cry that tune when it was starter on starter and your starters lost!
  15. SpiritOf76

SpiritOf76 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Here's another way to think about "running it up":

Calculate all the salaries of all the players and coaches involved for one 'half' of football during the 2010 season, and we're talking millions of dollars being shelled out for players and coaches to perform for that half.

Yet there are those out there who have the nerve to say players and coaches should "pack it in" when they're ahead, when millions of dollars are being shelled out for them to perform for that half?

Absolutely pathetic are those who complain about running up the score in professional sports.
  16. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady Rookie

Ratings:
    +61 / 2 / -1

Sound byte culture. When you actually read the entire quote, it really isn't that bad. He concludes the Jets would do the same thing, and he was probably asked the point blank question: "Do you think the Patriots ran up the score on you?"

Anyway, the Patriots did run up the score on the Jets, but there was more to it than the embarrassment factor. This is a young team that needs to believe it can win, and these players need to believe in each other. They truly did need to put together a sixty minute game and show they have a killer instinct; otherwise, they are just going to always have in the back of their minds that they are going to give away big leads late. The fact that it was against the Jets is icing on the cake, but clearly that had something to do with this, as they had the energy to keep going hard.
  17. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +448 / 5 / -8

#61 Jersey

"On purpose"? :confused: Should we apologize and tell him it was an accident?
  18. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

For some reason, one of the images that I can't shake from MNF is Edwards dropping that one pass. The guy is huge. I don't know who it was pulling him away from the ball, but he towered over that guy. Yet, here he was dropping a critical pass as a much smaller player pulls him away from the ball. Icing on the cake, "they embarrassed us" ?
  19. SpiritOf76

SpiritOf76 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I believe it was Arrington.
  20. Mountain_Commando

Mountain_Commando Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Soo...every individual in that organization from the coach down to the players is downright neurotic. :ugh:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.