PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Braylon Edwards: "They embarassed us on purpose" LMAO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The entire 4th quarter offense of the Patriots consisted of 4 attempted passes and 9 rushes. After the quarter opened with the Hernandez TD pass, every other pass was in a clear passing situation where running the ball would mean stopping the clock and giving up the football.

I also hear people whine about "going for it on 4th down". Well, making a chippie FG is IMO running up the score. Going for it on 4th down keeps the clock running, you don't necessarily put points on the board, if the opponent has any balls they will stop you, and if not you keep the football and the game remains under your complete control.

Crazy.

The only half-way sensible argument to make about doing anything differently is that perhaps Hoyer could have played the last series to avoid the slight risk of a Brady injury. But... the run-pass mix and 4th down decisions would have been EXACTLY the same, because they were dictated by SITUATIONAL FOOTBALL. It would have been a SHAME, though, to not have Brady have the fun of finishing the job, when his coach was preaching "60 minutes"

This is the big boy league, Braylon. Grow a pair.

Last edited:
Maybe we can just tell Braylon we started practicing in the 4th quarter, it's just that our practice went very well.

I'm sure there's 1 part of the score is making a rival look bad, but I believe it's mostly about giving our "younger" players more play-time/repetitions (and helping build their confidence and knowledge in the system). Also, we want to expose the playbook a little bit to make it harder for other teams to prepare for us going forward.

And welcome to the big leagues. This is a game where men play and someone has to win and someone has to lose.

Edwards could run for president of the mensa club for the stupid. Of course we embarassed them on purpose.

Braylon, we didn't embarass you.

You embarrassed your own not-showing-up-to-play, pass-dropping, endzone-lacking, trash-talking, snack-eating, drunk-driving, ball-burying, press-whining SELF!

Braylon, we didn't embarass you.

You embarrassed your own not-showing-up-to-play, pass-dropping, endzone-lacking, trash-talking, snack-eating, drunk-driving, ball-burying, press-whining SELF!

You forgot to add the crazy taunting moves he made to ridicule Butler in the first game after he beat him to catch a couple of TDs. jerk.

It always amazes me when I hear so called "professionals" whine about running up the score. It is also the reason I love the Pats. I can't imagine anyone in the org. whining even if they were beaten 31 - 0, 45 - 3 or whatever. It is such a waste of energy when 110% of the focus should be on preparing for the next opponent.

It also makes you sound like a little beotch, and I know the Jets would have continued to run the score on us even if they were up 49 - 0. He said it himself. Jets nation is extremely envious of the Patriots, BB, et al and they would like nothing more than to destroy the Pats on the field.

This ain't little league, this is the big boy league, so shut the eff up Braylon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Edwards does the dougie in butlers face... Twice.

I keep seeing this, but I don't understand what it means. What's a "dougie"?

I never understood this "run up the score" thing.

I'm from Brazil, and here if you are destroying a team 3x0 with 20 minutes to go in a soccer match, the respectful thing to do is to keep trying to score, because that demonstrates you are still worried about the other team's abillity to rally and come back. If you start passing the ball around waiting for the game to end, that's considered disrespectful, because then you are just toying with a team you don't deem capable of competing with you.

In the U.S., it's looked at more like kicking a man when he's down.

I keep seeing this, but I don't understand what it means. What's a "dougie"?

Lol, its a popular urban song performed by Cali Swag District. The song is actually called "Teach Me How to Dougie". The group also does a dance associated with the song called the "Dougie". It involves casual shoulder leans and elbow twists. I think but players in the NFL have been doing it for awhile this season.

Drew Stanton's Dougie... it was funny even though he executed it pretty badly...

StantonDougie.gif

Last edited:
Lol, its a popular urban song performed by Cali Swag District. The song is actually called "Teach Me How to Dougie". The group also does a dance associated with the song called the "Dougie". It involves casual shoulder leans and elbow twists. I think but players in the NFL have been doing it for awhile this season.

Drew Stanton's Dougie... it was funny even though he executed it pretty badly...

StantonDougie.gif

Stanton should never do it again, although I thought it was pretty halarious when I first seen him doing it......LOL

"They embarrassed us on purpose"

The only answer to this is, "yes, yes they did."

How can anyone complaining about running up the score they are pro athletes they play for 60 mins the jets should know that they have won several games with less than 1 min left to play. When they loosing badly they should play for 60 too and know how bad it can be.

Clearly that's right. I agree with every word.

More than that, where exactly is the running up the score here? Is there ever such a thing as running up the score in the 3d quarter? Patriots were winning 31-3 in the third quarter. If any team I followed took the foot off the gas there, I'd be livid. Is a team going to score 4 TDs and tie the game in the 4th quarter? Probably not. But it's not impossible. The Patriots gave up 23 points in the 4th quarter against the Steelers.

If you get the ball up 31-3 in the third quarter at your own 6 yard line, you go for the win. And that's what the Patriots did. They scored a TD from the 1 for the first play of the 4th quarter. Was that running up the score? Only an idiot would say yes.

So, what are we really talking about here? The next drive where they also scored a TD? They got the freaking ball at the 28 yard line! What are they supposed to do? Punt? Kick a field goal? No. Treat your opponents like men. Give them the chance to stop you.

Yeah i have never got the whole running up the score argument... why wouldn't you it's your job to play offense and it's their job to stop you.

The jets were going for it on 4th down in our red zone. i didn't see them stopping. The game goes for 60 minutes and BB is right to make his team play every second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down