PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Braylon Edwards: "They embarassed us on purpose" LMAO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I read and hear, I am beginning to think the Jets are psychologically damaged from Monday night. The Pats are looking forward towards the Bears while the Jets seem to be reliving the Patriots loss. Granted they somewhat did that after the Ravens game, but the Patriots coming to town far less than full strength like they are now helped to refocus themselves to their next game.

Last edited:
Holy cow. Will nothing shut them up?

I thought about this a little more. Belichick really owes Braylon a personal apology. He gets what, a few million $ to catch the ball. That's his job. So when he was so utterly completely unable to perform his basic functions, against his employer's number 1 competitor, after months of hype and trash talking, on national tv....well that's gotta be a tough pill to swallow. We're talking about people's feelings here. Everyone undermines the importance of emotional well being in the workplace. It should have been obvious to any one of the millions watching that the Jets were emotionally spent, I mean they were barely even trying to tackle. The least BB could have done was asked Brady to give them a pick 6 or two, I mean isn't there any empathy in the world anymore? And Braylon said he would have done the same thing, meaning they would have shown us some mercy...you know, in the name of sportsmanship. Honesty, I'm disappointed in BB. He really is heartless just like everyone says he is.

I thought about this a little more. Belichick really owes Braylon a personal apology. He gets what, a few million $ to catch the ball. That's his job. So when he was so utterly completely unable to perform his basic functions, against his employer's number 1 competitor, after months of hype and trash talking, on national tv....well that's gotta be a tough pill to swallow. We're talking about people's feelings here. Everyone undermines the importance of emotional well being in the workplace. It should have been obvious to any one of the millions watching that the Jets were emotionally spent, I mean they were barely even trying to tackle. The least BB could have done was asked Brady to give them a pick 6 or two, I mean isn't there any empathy in the world anymore? And Braylon said he would have done the same thing, meaning they would have shown us some mercy...you know, in the name of sportsmanship. Honesty, I'm disappointed in BB. He really is heartless just like everyone says he is.

I fully agree.....he should start his next press conference as follows...

"Before I take any questions I have statement I would like to make. In our win over the Jets, we the Patriots did run the score up. And while it was a team effort to accomplish this it was at my direction and I take full responsibility for this heartless act. It is clear having heard the statements made by Braylon Edwards and other that our continuing to score points after it was clear the Jets were completely defeated did nothing but enhance their embarrassment, shame and self-doubt. We..I should never have done that to them. It was wrong of us embarrass them like that on national TV and I offer my most humble apology for embarrassing and hurting them like that."

Hey Braylon....

269690-conan_thebarbarian_super.jpg

That's classic!

You Frikkin Liberals. ;)

Week Two, NE @ NYJ

3-3-NE 10
(6:30) 6-M.Sanchez pass short left to 17-B.Edwards for 10 yards, TOUCHDOWN. PENALTY on NYJ-17-B.Edwards, Taunting, 15 yards, enforced between downs.

Whenever I hear or read a comment such as Edwards', what I want to know is this: when exactly is the winning team supposed to stop trying? If they do stop trying, would Edwards be willing to reciprocate and stop trying also, to insure no comeback like the ones mentioned above happen? Should the winning team take a knee with 10 minutes left to play? Punt on first down so Edwards can get back on the field and pad his stats - even if the stat is for dropped passes?

If anything I think I would be more embarrassed by the opponent clearing the bench and they stopped trying, than their scoring a touchdown in the 4th quarter. And that's without even bringing up how much they have run their mouths for the last six months.

Clearly that's right. I agree with every word.

More than that, where exactly is the running up the score here? Is there ever such a thing as running up the score in the 3d quarter? Patriots were winning 31-3 in the third quarter. If any team I followed took the foot off the gas there, I'd be livid. Is a team going to score 4 TDs and tie the game in the 4th quarter? Probably not. But it's not impossible. The Patriots gave up 23 points in the 4th quarter against the Steelers.

If you get the ball up 31-3 in the third quarter at your own 6 yard line, you go for the win. And that's what the Patriots did. They scored a TD from the 1 for the first play of the 4th quarter. Was that running up the score? Only an idiot would say yes.

So, what are we really talking about here? The next drive where they also scored a TD? They got the freaking ball at the 28 yard line! What are they supposed to do? Punt? Kick a field goal? No. Treat your opponents like men. Give them the chance to stop you.

Last edited:
was edwards drunk again? i hope he wasn't driving.

Oh man is it possible to make a bigger fool of yourself?

People with class would say, we played **** and we deserved every one of these 45 points and 20 more.

good, I am glad they ran it up and glad he knows it. After all the **** they talked they were asking for it. IMO they got exactly what they deserved, a good old fashion ass beating on national TV.

On JI, even the fans on there are embarrassed of Braylon!

Guy needs to learn when to shut up!

Treat your opponents like men. Give them the chance to stop you.

Thats Braylons point exactly. We had proven for 3 quarters that we were not man enough. Why did they still treat us that way :).

I never understood this "run up the score" thing.

I'm from Brazil, and here if you are destroying a team 3x0 with 20 minutes to go in a soccer match, the respectful thing to do is to keep trying to score, because that demonstrates you are still worried about the other team's abillity to rally and come back. If you start passing the ball around waiting for the game to end, that's considered disrespectful, because then you are just toying with a team you don't deem capable of competing with you.

Yet another player in that Jet locker room they'll never win it all with - Braylon "drops" Edwards

Last edited:
Really Braylon?

Do you think that they were really trying to run up the score on you and make you look like the frauds you really? Really? After publicly sh!t talking for weeks leading up to this game from everyone in your whole organization about us not having any chance to win this game, do you really think that the Patriots wanted to jam the ball and the score right up your arses and embarrass the hell out of you on National TV?

Hmmmmph, that never ever occured to the rest of us. ;)

Last edited:
look at one of their fans excuses for gg forum
I love Rex, love what he's done to this team in short order, and what effect he's had on our fanbase.

This is his first HC job afterall, there is a reason that he's 1 of 32 guys in the world to hold that job.

In 2008 we were ranked 16th in total D, 18th in PPG, and 29th in pass D.
Rex comes in and gets us to #1 in all those categories.

This year we got 9 wins in 11 games, as opposed to 16 last year and we've had to overcome injury, contract issues, and some odd play-calling on offense. I still think that Revis situation can be looked at as a huge issue for the whole season.:bricks:

Rex is in no way perfect but for his first HC job he's doing a hell of a job. How many first time coaches are this successful? I'm sure last night will only help in his growth as a coach.

This guy is a joke, This is why I never understand why people say the Jets have a better receiving corp than the pats. Edwards has never been good to me. Holmes I give some credit too but as a unit, they don't come close to being than the Pats receivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes