PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Braylon Edwards: "They embarassed us on purpose" LMAO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the next team is going to embarrass them on porpoise.

Sorry, Braylon. If you promise to have your quarterback not give the other team the ball on three consecutive series in the 2nd half, the rest of the teams in the league promise not to score off turnovers. What a moron. Next time James Sanders should just bat the ball down so as not to embarrass anyone.

Last edited:
I just want to go on record to say that there is nothing that pleases me more than hearing opposing team players or fans whine about the following:

Running up the score
No Respect
Spygate
Classless
Officiating

It's awesome. It's the sign of someone who got beat down so badly that they are grasping at straws and making themselves sound like idiots.

Bring it on. The tears are sweet and salty, like chocolate covered pretzels.

After a week of trash talk, you reap what you sow.

We shouldve piled it on even more.

I don’t want to say that Braylon Edwards is a moron, but at the end of the day, Braylon Edwards is a moron.

LOL, at least the Pats weren't 'Doing the Dougie' after every TD. Now that would have really been embarrassing! I'm not surprised by Braylon though, some players just get pissed off when they get their asses kicked so they find something to gripe about.

I knew it was just a matter of time before somebody trotted out the 'running up the score' whine, I mean line. Surprised it took this long to surface.

Funny, I don't recall Ryan taking out his starters and conceding defeat, even at the very end of the game.

Perhaps Edwards needs a primer in Jets history:
Monday Night Football - MNF's Greatest Games: Miami-New York Jets 2000

Or perhaps Edwards needs some more MNF history, when Tampa Bay lost after leading by 21 with four minutes to play:
Indianapolis Colts vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Recap - October 06, 2003 - ESPN

Whenever I hear or read a comment such as Edwards', what I want to know is this: when exactly is the winning team supposed to stop trying? If they do stop trying, would Edwards be willing to reciprocate and stop trying also, to insure no comeback like the ones mentioned above happen? Should the winning team take a knee with 10 minutes left to play? Punt on first down so Edwards can get back on the field and pad his stats - even if the stat is for dropped passes?

If anything I think I would be more embarrassed by the opponent clearing the bench and they stopped trying, than their scoring a touchdown in the 4th quarter. And that's without even bringing up how much they have run their mouths for the last six months.

WOW.

I must say, Brother J, that was a DELICIOUS post. When I read the ensuing 4 pages, I'm sure I'll find that this response is heavily outdated...but it speaks right to my SOUL, so I must respond.

I cannot FATHOM the idiocy of those who speak of "Running it Up", when a team is only playing FOOTBALL.

As you say: What the @#$%^&* ELSE are they supposed to do???

By the way: Thanks for the sweet memories: One of the best Fantasy FootBall runs I ever had, was riding Manning, that Autumn, as he gouged the Saints for 6 TD's, and then Tony D rang up one of my MOST favorite Angles ~ the Old Coach Angle ~ and he and Peyton TORCHED the Bucs!! :rocker:

I never understood this "run up the score" thing.

I'm from Brazil, and here if you are destroying a team 3x0 with 20 minutes to go in a soccer match, the respectful thing to do is to keep trying to score, because that demonstrates you are still worried about the other team's abillity to rally and come back.

If you start passing the ball around waiting for the game to end, that's considered disrespectful, because then you are just toying with a team you don't deem capable of competing with you.

That is a REALLY, REALLY, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY simple point.

It's a point that NOBODY should EVER have to have explained to them.

IF...they have ONE BRAIN CELL.

But...there you go.

After a week of trash talk, you reap what you sow.

We shouldve piled it on even more.
I must admit to hoping the Patriots would go for it on the last couple of possessions to put a 50 spot on the Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News