PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady yelling at OFF. coordinator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting it in perspective, entertaining as it is, I see this all too human exchange in the heat of competition, especially after TFB's excellent handling of it in his post game presser as way, way at the bottom of my concerns for this 2011 team.

Brady has probably thrown more red zone interceptions this season than he was in his career combined.

Is he really playing the best football of his career right now? I think not.

BOB is on thin ice. His job is only his because of Brady enabling BB to put BOB in a position to win. Brady is the one sitting down with Bill on Mondays mapping strategy. Yet he's always publicly had his OC's back even when Bill wasn't willing to name one. I guarantee you BOB likely caught more post game wrath for that little sideline display than Tom did.

If this is true, this is a major problem with this offense. The offense has no real coordinator. Brady prefers to pass all the time, even when foolish from a game management perspective. If the coach resists, that coach is on thin ice. As a result, we have an offense that accumulates regular season passing stats, has no commitment to playing physical football, and will likely be dysfunctional facing the pressure of a well-rounded playoff opponent.

I understand the defensive issues of this team, and the offense could help the defense by consuming clock and maintaining more of a balance. Such an approach would also help them prepare for January football where at some point they will have to commit to running the ball if they want to win a Sb.

Brady has probably thrown more red zone interceptions this season than he was in his career combined.

Depends, this is the worst team he has had, you can argue it being worst than 02,05,06, and 09. In 02/05/06 he had much better guys on defense so less pressure to score every time, in 09 he had Moss, better than every receiver here by far.

He is on pace for his most yards, and second most TDs, should considering these last 3 games finish with 13 INTs at most, and his high is 14 I believe. Good chance he finishes with 40 and 11 and 5000 yards, it is hard to argue this being any lower than 3rd best for him.

While I don't think Brady is playing the best football of his career right now (2007, 2010), the red zone TDs aren't somehow proof of this. They are just one part of a complete evaluation.

And, given that this is probably Brady's 3rd or 4th best year, and it's a year that even most of the best QBs in NFL history would give their eyeteeth for, I'll gladly take it.

Mazz is going off on Brady on Felger and Mazz right now. Mazz comes off as an arrogant know-it-all, laughs hard at his own jokes and thinks the audience is dumb. I'd like to wipe that smirk off his face. How would he be if he was covering a bad team for crying out loud. :bricks:

Last edited:
Mazz is going off on Brady on Felger and Mazz right now. Mazz comes off as an arrogant know-it-all, laughs hard at his own jokes and thinks the audience is dumb. I'd like to wipe that smirk off his face. How would he be if he was covering a bad team for crying out loud. :bricks:

They are just pissed that they can't get Brady to do any interviews on their pathetic radio program. I have no use for their opinions. I get my football info from PATSFANS.COM :rocker:

Just as we thought, it doesnt matter that Brady has had dust ups with just about every coordinator he's had or that Brady took full responsibility for it, Mazz has got to put his twisted spin on it in his squeaky annoying voice. Im working at home today so I was hoping they had a good show today, channel has been changed.

He isn't because he has had two of, arguably, the eight or so best seasons by a QB in NFL history. When you consider he doesn't have a running game or a defense, and that the WR situation is pretty dire, I guess it's safe to say he's still playing at a pretty high level.

I have been impressed by Brady's sense of accountability for a long time. Way to man up--especially considering BOB probably deserves his share of the culpability for that whole debacle of a red zone sequence.

Brady on spat: 'I deserved it' - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

What are you talking about?

Hit Welker on a WIDE OPEN pass and it's up 14.

I was at the game and had a great line. The coverage was better than what was on TV.

IT WAS A BAD DECISION. PERIOD. THROW IT AWAY AND GO UP TWO SCORES.

HE WASN'T OPEN.

Besides, I like seeing the guys argue every now and then.

He isn't because he has had two of, arguably, the eight or so best seasons by a QB in NFL history. When you consider he doesn't have a running game or a defense, and that the WR situation is pretty dire, I guess it's safe to say he's still playing at a pretty high level.

Say what????
Poor Tommy Brady does have a running game and a very good one that doesn't hurt the team by turning the ball over, one that should be much more involved in this Peyton Brady offense than it is. Poor Tommy Brady has the best slot receiver in football in Wes Welker and oh my gawd how does poor little Tommy Brady do it when he has the best TE in football, 6'6" Gronk and his fast as lightning bud Aaron Hernandez to throw to.
My God the inhumanity of it all. :rolleyes:
And I would make the argument that the "dire" condition of the WR position has as much to do with Brady's lack of patience than anything else. Doesn't seem to matter whether Ocho drops or catches his one chance per game.
After that one play Ocho comes off the field never to be seen again.
Absolutely ridiculous!!!

Say what????
Poor Tommy Brady does have a running game and a very good one that doesn't hurt the team by turning the ball over, one that should be much more involved in this Peyton Brady offense than it is. Poor Tommy Brady has the best slot receiver in football in Wes Welker and oh my gawd how does poor little Tommy Brady do it when he has the best TE in football, 6'6" Gronk and his fast as lightning bud Aaron Hernandez to throw to.
My God the inhumanity of it all. :rolleyes:
And I would make the argument that the "dire" condition of the WR position has as much to do with Brady's lack of patience than anything else. Doesn't seem to matter whether Ocho drops or catches his one chance per game.
After that one play Ocho comes off the field never to be seen again.
Absolutely ridiculous!!!

Do you even watch football? Don't you think the lack of a physically gifted outside receiver is hurting this team? And do you really have faith we could run the ball effectively when needed? Seriously? Yeah, I am the one being ridiculous. When 'they don't fumble' is the best thing you can say about the running game, I think you might have problems.

And I'm sure that the fact Wes Welker is the best slot receiver in football has nothing to do with Brady. Just look at his insane production in San Diego and Miami. And surely you, from your couch, are better equipped to judge how Ochocinco is faring in the offense than both Brady or Bill O'Brien. Yeah, it's Tom's lack of patience (the guy has only had 4 months to learn the playbook, how could we expect more from him??) that's preventing Chad from being a force in this offense.

No, seriously, do you even read what you post? I refuse to believe so.

No, seriously, do you even read what you post? I refuse to believe so.

The poster is barely a step above a Jet troll of late.

Though, at least in that case, you could say the Jet troll actually has some loyalty to his team.

Last edited:
I had to stop reading right there.

A very wise decision. I wish I had done the same, having continued on, I'm feeling a bit queasy now. What dreck!

I'm sure you did which only validates my point all the more.
Thanks Deus! :D

As I pointed out in another thread, the Patriots "lead" RB has a 3.8 ypc this year. I'm fine with legitimate criticism of the team, but you gave that up some time ago.

Troll all you want. Just don't expect people to buy into it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back