PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady yelling at OFF. coordinator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk about piss poor play calling and clock management (situational football) with the New England Patriots offense at the Washington six yard line in the fourth quarter, first and goal-to-goal. Run the ball three times from the six yard line, milk the clock and/or force Washington to utilize their timeouts, score a touchdown or kick the field goal to seal the game. Five running backs on the New England Patriots roster and three tries from the six yard line to punch it line.

Talk about piss poor play calling and clock management (situational football) with the New England Patriots offense at the Washington six yard line in the fourth quarter, first and goal-to-goal. Run the ball three times from the six yard line, milk the clock and/or force Washington to utilize their timeouts, score a touchdown or kick the field goal to seal the game. Five running backs on the New England Patriots roster and three tries from the six yard line to punch it line.

yep, right on

it was a boneheaded comedic soap opera out there today, last weeks antics probably get 2nd place. Number 1 and 2 of the dumbest wins this season. almost wish i recorded them

we burned a total of 38 seconds on the clock in one of our 4rth quarter possessions last week, LOL.

yep, right on

it was a boneheaded comedic soap opera out there today, last weeks antics probably get 2nd place. Number 1 and 2 of the dumbest wins this season. almost wish i recorded them

we burned a total of 38 seconds on the clock in one of our 4rth quarter possessions last week, LOL.
Meanwhile, the whole sideline spat could have been completely avoided if the offensive plays called by Bill O'Brien were three consecutive rushes.

Some people might claim Brady's out-of-control ego will ensure this team never wins another championship.

Others might say O'Brien is frustrated, tired of being sh*t on by BB and Brady when things go wrong, but never getting credit when things go right.

I say no!

I say it's all smiles, sunshine and lollipops, and I look forward to this team hoisting another Lombardi very soon! :cool:

Last edited:
Against one the worst rush defenses in the NFL, to add insult to injury.

If Brady was wrong Brady was wrong regardless of his resume.
You simply cannot have a player disrespecting a coach. Coaches 'disrespect' players all the time, its called evaluation. If a player wants to yell at his coach because he disagrees with the evaluation that is a player issue, not a coach issue. There is a hierarchy, and authority structure.
If Brady has no problem with it, why do you guys?

Logic, meet Andy Johnson, king of the ad hominem. I know you're strangers, but I encourage you to become acquainted.

This. I thought BOB was right to do what he did. Brady was pissed off and took it out on a young WR. BOB intervened and told him to shut up. That's good coaching IMO.

Marino's ego got out of control near the end. He pointed the finger at everyone but himself, and the team quit on him. I'm glad someone, for the good of the team, is willing to stand up to Mr UggsVitaminWaterUnderArmorBrady-Bundchen.

Last edited:
I'm just going to drop out of the conversation here, because it will be pointless to continue. We have diametrically opposed understandings of the relationship between coaches and players and how authority is maintained on an NFL team. On top of that you are dismissing that Brady has no problem with it, that NFL people say that this happens all the time, and limiting your belief that such a thing ever happened to anyone else based upon whether it was filmed and I saw the film.

Hahaha, I like how you say you are just going to drop out of the discussion then you go on and give your opinion some more. So I will too.

Brady says he has no problem with it because he is taking the professional approach to it, he's a team guy and takes the high road here. The broadcast I was watching, probably same as yours, the announcers acted kind of stunned that OBrien was yelling at TB.

On film or not I'm pretty sure OC's don't yell at their HOF player. Maybe have some words but to act like OBrien did today I gotta say no. Too much respect to do that to the teams main man. Seriously OBrien was out of control.

Against one the worst rush defenses in the NFL, to add insult to injury.

A closer look at that sideline spat will reveal dumb and dumber in full effect between TB and BOB. 5 RB's? they must think some ones gone nuts looking at a pass 1st offense with 4 reliable receivers. TE/WR's and 5 RB's decorating the bench. BB's making this an interesting year must be said never mind the defensive side of the ball.

The NFL plays out like the fashion industry.

This years most popular design and back by viewer demand in our target demographic. The finesse......oops... I mean a high octane passing game with a Defense that can stuff the rush, to reduce TOP and force the ball into the air for potential turnovers.

The running attack is window dressing and used sparingly if at all so keep your rosters deceptively loaded. You'll need a top 5 QB for this elegant and most colorful attacking game.

That does it for our Fall/Winter addition of 2011's biggest NFL attacking fad, thank you very much

Last edited:
The running attack is window dressing and used sparingly if at all so keep your rosters deceptively loaded. You'll need a top 5 QB for this elegant and most colorful attacking game.

That does it for our Fall/Winter addition of 2011's biggest NFL attacking fad, thank you very much
I miss the days of clock killing Corey Dillon and Charlie Weis as the offensive coordinator. At least Charlie Weis had carte blanche to rip Tom Brady a "new one".

My guess is that BoB made a valid point in dramatic fashion, and Brady objected to the packaging.

Since Brady is commonly on the giving end of dressing downs, and since team custom allows for "hard coaching", Brady in that case was indeed right to say "Oops, my bad, BoB had the right of it."

Acting unprofessional and throwing a tantrum? Brady does that after every incomplete pass nowadays. Tom Curran (for once in his life) actually made a good point that Brady needs to dial it back and start having more patience with his receivers, especially when he had the day he did, being very inaccurate.

Naturally, some posters have responded with unfunny sarcastic comments like, "you won't have to deal with the HOF QB much longer" or "Can't wait until Ryan Mallett leads this team". No one is saying get rid of him. But when he's constantly showing up his receivers and blaming everyone but himself, he deserves to get called out.

Horrible clock management, playcalling, and coaching yesterday......should never have been that close against such a sorry a##ed team....

it's not a big Deal BOB has the right to yell at a player if he wants and Brady has the right to yell back that was he's first INT in 200+ pass att and he's the only reason this team is 10-3

We will never know what actually happened, but my POV passion is good for the team.... wish it would be contagious for the defense, someone or something needs to light a fire under their azz....

My guess is that BoB made a valid point in dramatic fashion, and Brady objected to the packaging.

Since Brady is commonly on the giving end of dressing downs, and since team custom allows for "hard coaching", Brady in that case was indeed right to say "Oops, my bad, BoB had the right of it."

Thats my interpretation of how things transpired as well.

Brady gave Kid n Play a mouthful for the route or not breaking up the INT, etc and BOB called him out for throwing a floater (which is was), making a crap decision, etc and that he should accept some blame too. BB too exception to his interpretation, BOB too exception to TB taking exception and they asked what each other wanted for X-Mas.

I give TB credit for defusing any potential controversy that the mediots may try to create.

Moving on...

If BOB called that passing play, the pick was his fault. Brady is an ultracompetitive, hyperemotional player who loves to accumulate passing statistics, and the job of BOB is to restrain Brady's worst traits especially at critical times. The game was in the bag if they had simply run the ball, milked the clock and kicked a FG. Throwing the ball at all was bad football, on any of those downs inside the Redskin 10 yard line. If BOB called that play, the pick was his fault.

However, if BOB had called in a run play but Brady on his own audibled to a pass play, and then threw the pick, that would make sense of the sidelines blow-up, it would justify BOB's anger. It would make Brady's apparently contrite remarks in the presser somewhat more complex, in that he apologized for "throwing a bad pass" but not for audibling to a pass play. It would definitely improve my respect for BOB, of whom I have been highly critical for his unwillingness to reign in Brady's Marino-esque love for passing statistics.

As was said during 1/2 time of the Giants/Cowboys game.
Brady lost it, but it is just frustration. Brady is under a lot of pressure carrying this team. He almost has to throw for 500 yards and 5 to 6 TD's every game because our secondary sucks.
Giving up over 400 yds to Rex Grossman is pathetic.

this is the worst secondary I have seen the Patriots put on the field in years.

If BOB called that passing play, the pick was his fault. Brady is an ultracompetitive, hyperemotional player who loves to accumulate passing statistics, and the job of BOB is to restrain Brady's worst traits especially at critical times. The game was in the bag if they had simply run the ball, milked the clock and kicked a FG. Throwing the ball at all was bad football, on any of those downs inside the Redskin 10 yard line. If BOB called that play, the pick was his fault.

However, if BOB had called in a run play but Brady on his own audibled to a pass play, and then threw the pick, that would make sense of the sidelines blow-up, it would justify BOB's anger. It would make Brady's apparently contrite remarks in the presser somewhat more complex, in that he apologized for "throwing a bad pass" but not for audibling to a pass play. It would definitely improve my respect for BOB, of whom I have been highly critical for his unwillingness to reign in Brady's Marino-esque love for passing statistics.

Where are you getting this "Brady loves accumulating passing stats" spiel from? That's just dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft