PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady yelling at OFF. coordinator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady in his press conference took responsibility because he threw a bad throw and made the wrong decision, but we will never know if that is the truth or not.

This is a non-story that the media will inevitably jump on and blow out of proportion.

They yelled at each other, then they were calmly sitting next to each other talking five minutes later. Brady said he deserved it. End of story.

Brady made a bad decision with an Int when he should have thrown the ball away, it cost us a FG which puts us up by 2 scores late. BoB blew up, I am sure Brady was mad enough with himself at the time.

Brady was probably yelling at Underwood because he was poorly positioned on the play and didn't really make a great effort at breaking up the interception. BOB might've taken it as Brady delegating all the responsibility for the turnover and just went off on him. That's how I interpreted it. Not a big deal, but had the Pats won we would be seeing this video sequence all week long.

Brady in his press conference took responsibility because he threw a bad throw and made the wrong decision, but we will never know if that is the truth or not.

It looked to me like Brady was yelling at the receiver and the coach took exception and told Brady it was his fault. Brady did take responsibility in his presser (and they made up during the game anyway). Of course all of this occurred with much yelling, gesturing and people getting in between Brady and O'Brien. Even BB game over and you could read his lips, saying, "STOP IT. STOP IT" pretty emphatically. I hope they do focus on that all week and that whoever is playing Denver right now knocks them off so the focus is not on the Pats stopping the Tebow magic.

This is a non-story that the media will inevitably jump on and blow out of proportion.

They yelled at each other, then they were calmly sitting next to each other talking five minutes later. Brady said he deserved it. End of story.

Felger is going to have a field day with it

I have been impressed by Brady's sense of accountability for a long time. Way to man up--especially considering BOB probably deserves his share of the culpability for that whole debacle of a red zone sequence.

"I threw a pretty bad interception and he wasn't happy about it," Brady said. "There are probably a long line of coaches and players that were pretty pissed at me after that, but Billy got to me first. He let me have it and I deserved it."

Brady on spat: 'I deserved it' - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Looked like Brady commented to Underwood that he needed to fight for the ball and O'Brian took exception to that and gave it to him for throwing a ball into good coverage and then it escalated from there. Brady yelling he was open, which he really was not, and O'Brian calmly letting him know it was a stupid throw ;)

O'Brian was right. Brady was wrong. At the end of the day, I kinda like the emotion from both of them.

It will be over hyped, be ready for it.

I remember yelling the same thing at my TV as Brady said on the sidelines. It appeared to me that Brady yelled at Underwood to "go get it".

...and I agree with him. Yes Brady acknowledged in the presser that he made a bad mistake, but come kid, go fight for it. Attack the ball. Let us know that you want that thing. It was a soft attempt by a WR that apparently is a standout in practice. Go do it in a game.

As usual Brady owned up to it like the true leader and TFB that he is.

...and O'Brien better be careful, we can live without one of the two people in this situation, you can go ahead and figure out which one...:)

Brady was probably yelling at Underwood because he was poorly positioned on the play and didn't really make a great effort at breaking up the interception. BOB might've taken it as Brady delegating all the responsibility for the turnover and just went off on him. That's how I interpreted it. Not a big deal, but had the Pats won we would be seeing this video sequence all week long.

Underwood was "poorly positioned" because he had been held by Kyle Wilson and that had allowed Wilson to get position on him.

And it looked like Brady was going off on the sidelines putting the responsibility, again, on his receivers instead of taking it for himself and BO'B blew up at him as if BO'B had had enough of Brady's antics of not taking responsibility.

Brady made several bad Red Zone passes today. One went off an opposing player, one was behind Gronk and low, one was low and away from Hernandez though Hernandez should have had it and one was behind Welker, though Welker should have had that one. Oh.. And i just thought of two more. Another to Welker that Tom BLASTED through Welker's hands and the one to Underwood. It was a bad throw by Tom because it should have been UP and in front of Underwood instead of at mid-chest height..

Looked like Brady commented to Underwood that he needed to fight for the ball and O'Brian took exception to that and gave it to him for throwing a ball into good coverage and then it escalated from there. Brady yelling he was open, which he really was not, and O'Brian calmly letting him know it was a stupid throw ;)

O'Brian was right. Brady was wrong. At the end of the day, I kinda like the emotion from both of them.

It will be over hyped, be ready for it.

Agree with this take, I'm not BOB's biggest fan but I don't fault him for getting fired up and defending Underwood. Brady's a competitor I can see why he'd fire back. Both handled it well afterwards, I love the fire as well.

Agree with this take, I'm not BOB's biggest fan but I don't fault him for getting fired up and defending Underwood. Brady's a competitor I can see why he'd fire back. Both handled it well afterwards, I love the fire as well.

I'd like the fire even more if they used it to get the RUN going..

Fun to watch but a big non story. TBF should get his ass chewed every once in a while. That throw took a FG away, making it a 2 score game.

But the media will play this over and over and the talk shows will spend way too much time, unless there is some minor baseball news.

Underwood was "poorly positioned" because he had been held by Kyle Wilson and that had allowed Wilson to get position on him.

And it looked like Brady was going off on the sidelines putting the responsibility, again, on his receivers instead of taking it for himself and BO'B blew up at him as if BO'B had had enough of Brady's antics of not taking responsibility.

Brady made several bad Red Zone passes today. One went off an opposing player, one was behind Gronk and low, one was low and away from Hernandez though Hernandez should have had it and one was behind Welker, though Welker should have had that one. Oh.. And i just thought of two more. Another to Welker that Tom BLASTED through Welker's hands and the one to Underwood. It was a bad throw by Tom because it should have been UP and in front of Underwood instead of at mid-chest height..

Agree with everything except the one to Hernandez. That was perfectly thrown. I also think Underwood should have fought for the ball better.

It looked to me like Brady was yelling at the receiver and the coach took exception and told Brady it was his fault. Brady did take responsibility in his presser (and they made up during the game anyway). Of course all of this occurred with much yelling, gesturing and people getting in between Brady and O'Brien. Even BB game over and you could read his lips, saying, "STOP IT. STOP IT" pretty emphatically. I hope they do focus on that all week and that whoever is playing Denver right now knocks them off so the focus is not on the Pats stopping the Tebow magic.

You're right, Brady yelled at Underwood. Tiquan was well covered, but it didn't look like he positioned himself well enough to break up the INT. BOB came in support of Underwood blaming Brady.

I think all three we're part of the problem in this case:
1. BOB should've made it a 2 possession game by running a draw with Faulk or by calling a simple run and going for the FG.
2. Brady did make a really bad decision; he should've thrown the ball away.
3. Underwood should've positioned himself better to make the catch or at least to break up the INT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes