PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady yelling at OFF. coordinator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Acting unprofessional and throwing a tantrum? Brady does that after every incomplete pass nowadays. Tom Curran (for once in his life) actually made a good point that Brady needs to dial it back and start having more patience with his receivers, especially when he had the day he did, being very inaccurate.

Naturally, some posters have responded with unfunny sarcastic comments like, "you won't have to deal with the HOF QB much longer" or "Can't wait until Ryan Mallett leads this team". No one is saying get rid of him. But when he's constantly showing up his receivers and blaming everyone but himself, he deserves to get called out.

Who should be blamed? Brady is the only reason a team full of stiffs is tied at second best in the NFL at 10-3 imo. The receiving cast is being carried, the RBs are being carried, and so is the defense, blame them all before Brady.

Haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if this was mentioned.

Seeing the replay (I know Underwood was held), but even if he came down with that ball it looked like his body was positioned to catch that ball and NOT keep his feet inbounds.

as for the BOB and Brady jawing at each other. While you have to like BOB for sticking up for the little guys, he also has to keep his head in the game and try to keep things more even keeled. Let the player vent a bit, but shut it down soon after (and I've never seen someone who once started yelling stop when someone yelled back at them).

Last edited:
Oh, really? He's carrying Welker and Gronkowski? The same Gronkowski who caught a bad pass, fell on the ground, got up, broke 2 tackles, and ran 50 yards? And who just broke the record for receiving TD's by a TE in just 13 games? Or Welker, who lays his body on the line every day and has since 2007, who is Brady's safety net and has been run into the ground?

Brady threw the bad pass, he should take the blame, and move on.

Last edited:
Underwood should have been fighting for the ball, he passively allowed himself to get boxed out. If he wants balls thrown to him he needs to make a better effort.

Underwood should have been fighting for the ball, he passively allowed himself to get boxed out. If he wants balls thrown to him he needs to make a better effort.

I think you're right to some degree, but Brady had to be mostly mad at himself since that was just an awful pass, at a poorly chosen moment, regardless of what the receiver was doing. A FG instead of the INT there and the Pats win without the panic, and Tommy knew that. It was the kind of mistake that, yech, Grossman would make.

More distrubing was Curran inferring after the game that Brady is ever so slightly beginning to remind him of the holy-than-thou late career Marino who was not well liked or respected because he was constantly griping at everyone. I can't see TB ever getting that bad, he's always been more humble than Marino, and I believe he remains so in the long run. He probably will pump up Tiquan in practice this week, and make them both feel better: "Love your hair, T. Think we could work Welker up like that"...etc.

Last edited:
As was said during 1/2 time of the Giants/Cowboys game.
Brady lost it, but it is just frustration. Brady is under a lot of pressure carrying this team. He almost has to throw for 500 yards and 5 to 6 TD's every game because our secondary sucks.
Giving up over 400 yds to Rex Grossman is pathetic.

this is the worst secondary I have seen the Patriots put on the field in years.

This Brady is under pressure crap is, well, crap.
Its his job to go out and move the ball and put up points. Every QB is under pressure in every game. The fact that he is 10-3 is a lot less pressure than if he were 6-7.

Oh, really? He's carrying Welker and Gronkowski? The same Gronkowski who caught a bad pass, fell on the ground, got up, broke 2 tackles, and ran 50 yards? And who just broke the record for receiving TD's by a TE in just 13 games? Or Welker, who lays his body on the line every day and has since 2007, who is Brady's safety net and has been run into the ground?

Brady threw the bad pass, he should take the blame, and move on.

Caught a bad pass? How about all the great passes guys are dropping? How about all the game tying or go ahead drives that our defense blows? Brady is carrying this entire franchise, this isn't 2003 anymore.

Yes the same Welker who disappears in tight coverage, the same Welker who was average in Miami.

Randy Moss would have caught that ball. :)

Hahaha, had to get a little laugh from hard nosed ex coach Brian Billicks take on it this morning saying (paraphrasing) that he didn't see anything wrong with it but you better make sure you don't go at your boss like that too often, and in this case Brady is the boss.

While I might not agree with Brady being the boss of Obrien it just kind of points out that you dont go at Brady like that. Listen, I don't mind Obrien getting on Brady but it's how he did it was totally unprofessional for him to do it that way (screaming, ripping his headphones off and then keep it going) to one of the best in the game. You just don't do that. If Brady needs that let BB be the one to do that not Bill OBrien for goodness sakes. This makes me wonder if OBriens ego is in check or not.

2cwuedz.gif

fs7wx.jpg

I missthe days of clock killing Corey Dillon and Charlie Weis asthe offensive coordinator. At least Charlie Weis had carte blanche to rip Tom Brady a "new one".

I miss the days when gas was $2 a gallon.

Charlie Weis didn't use that card much past his rookie season other than as a teaching tool for others because Brady was down with that. He raised Branch and Givens, the last two functional WR's Bill drafted, from pups. He's dealt with all manner of weapons in the years since, and adapted his approach from coddling overhyped talent as much as it galled him to, to adapting to jags limited skillsets to maximize their value, to employing tough love to try and keep youngsters focused to develop to their full potential.

And a clock killing feature RB hasn't been an option he or an OC when we had one could rely on since Dillon tapped out after just one season. Nor have we had an OL that could run block consistently or without TE help since. If you have an issue with that take it up with the HC/GM/DC/defacto OC. Did you happen to catch him miked up last week as his defense was again unraveling growling into his headset for BOB to throw it, throw it... I guess not. We are giving up more than yardage, we're losing the TOP battle often out of the gate to the extent that on every drive scoring is the paramount concern because this current version of the bend but don't break defense is bending over if not breaking down due to lack of talent and inexperience. Brady has little choice but to focus on his playmakers, and he gets ripped routinely here for doing just that, too.

I'm pretty sure that part of what set Brady off yesterday was the mere fact that Tiquan Underwood was even the option in the back of his endzone as he went through his week 13 progressions...

And another observation after watching it yet again, Hoyer is getting between Obrien and brady and the look on Hoyers face to OBrien is like one you would give out saying man just settle down. Hoyer didnt look to happy with OBrien either. Then BB goes over to OBrien and the look on his face is a pissed off look and even has a few words to OBrien.

At the end of the game and with Brady taking the high road afterwards I'm pretty sure it doesnt send a good message to the other players to see OBrien getting after their leader like that. I'm sure after BB and Kraft see what happened on tv they won't be to happy with O'Brien and the way he handled it. Losing your cool like that certainly isnt the Patriot way.

Caught a bad pass? How about all the great passes guys are dropping? How about all the game tying or go ahead drives that our defense blows? Brady is carrying this entire franchise, this isn't 2003 anymore.

Yes the same Welker who disappears in tight coverage, the same Welker who was average in Miami.

I love how he points out that Gronk has broken the TE TD record as if that isn't an indictment of Brady's ability as a quarterback.

I have not read the whole thread but was anybody else happy with BOB's reaction?

Hahaha, had to get a little laugh from hard nosed ex coach Brian Billicks take on it this morning saying (paraphrasing) that he didn't see anything wrong with it but you better make sure you don't go at your boss like that too often, and in this case Brady is the boss.

While I might not agree with Brady being the boss of Obrien it just kind of points out that you dont go at Brady like that. Listen, I don't mind Obrien getting on Brady but it's how he did it was totally unprofessional for him to do it that way (screaming, ripping his headphones off and then keep it going) to one of the best in the game. You just don't do that. If Brady needs that let BB be the one to do that not Bill OBrien for goodness sakes. This makes me wonder if OBriens ego is in check or not.

Bill O'Brien isn't the one with the ego that's out of control here.

Does it look like Underwood yells at time ... backs up andthen acts like he's thinking wtf did I just do ... oh sh!t? :bricks: Right at 26 seconds ... obrien - YouTube

Some other interesting things to note. Hoyer stepped in between BOB and Tom and told his OC to calm down, then another coach wrestled him out of the fray and when he tried to return BB went to him first and told him to knock it off.... Bill wants Brady to police his WR's because we don't have coaches with the cache to. Whether Brady made a bad choice to go to him was immaterial at that point (which may be what Brady was saying I know too when BOB butted in). The coaches take that up with him on film Monday. Brady was making a necessary in game correction with a street FA WR who would be best advised to learn from it or BOB isn't saving his job for him...

I think Underwood was probably pointing out that he was being interfered with, which Brady realized (a PI there is as good as 6 only Tripplett's crew often misses the obvious calls in favor of the more ticky tack subjective ones). But the point he was likely trying to make is your job in that case expands to at least sell the PI and break up any INT in the process. As I believe we have seen this season Underwood would have been better served to stop in his tracks while the defender was trailing him with a handful of jersey in which case a collision would have occurred as the ball would have gone out the back of the EZ framing an obvious PI... Instead he was so intent on being where he was supposed to be apart from coverage he allowed the defender undercut him and make a play on the ball while the hold apparently went undetected except by Brady and the entire TV audience...

BOB is on thin ice. His job is only his because of Brady enabling BB to put BOB in a position to win. Brady is the one sitting down with Bill on Mondays mapping strategy. Yet he's always publicly had his OC's back even when Bill wasn't willing to name one. I guarantee you BOB likely caught more post game wrath for that little sideline display than Tom did.

Bill O'Brien isn't the one with the ego that's out of control here.
Don't see that at all, i have Never gotten the impression that Brady has more of an ego than anyone else. Brady has been carrying BOB since O'Brien got here, and thats three years. BOB doesn't have the credentials to be going after Brady like that. I don't know why hes still here except that BB picked him and is just being stubborn

Last edited:
Don't see that at all, i have Never gotten the impression that Brady has more of an ego than anyone else. Brady has been carrying BOB since O'Brien got here, and thats three years. BOB doesn't have the credentials to be going after Brady like that. I don't know why hes still here except that BB picked him and is just being stubborn

They said on tv earlier that Brady could have easily got him fired and I wouldn't have cared one bit. I would love to see BOB coaching up McCoy in Cleveland, see how good he is there.

BOB is on thin ice. His job is only his because of Brady enabling BB to put BOB in a position to win. Brady is the one sitting down with Bill on Mondays mapping strategy. Yet he's always publicly had his OC's back even when Bill wasn't willing to name one. I guarantee you BOB likely caught more post game wrath for that little sideline display than Tom did.

I would agree with this.

But like I said, I think it was necessary for BOB to do this to some extent, and assert himself as an authority figure. At least of the 2008 camp, I don't think guys took him and his tough guy stuff too seriously. Whether or not Brady & BB are the real bosses of that offense - and I'm most certain that they are after seeing all the behind the scenes sstuff - BOB has to keep that division of player-coach there, even if it he has to overplay it. Coaches coach, players play.

However, he has to be wary of going overboard. McDaniels had a similar demeanor and temperament, even tearing out Belichick - who turned the other cheek - and that demeanor has been his downfall ever since.

But I agree Belichick won't be happy with O'Brien. We'll see what Belichick is going to have O'Brien say in his media call this week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft