PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady yelling at OFF. coordinator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you even watch football? Don't you think the lack of a physically gifted outside receiver is hurting this team? And do you really have faith we could run the ball effectively when needed? Seriously? Yeah, I am the one being ridiculous. When 'they don't fumble' is the best thing you can say about the running game, I think you might have problems.

And I'm sure that the fact Wes Welker is the best slot receiver in football has nothing to do with Brady. Just look at his insane production in San Diego and Miami. And surely you, from your couch, are better equipped to judge how Ochocinco is faring in the offense than both Brady or Bill O'Brien. Yeah, it's Tom's lack of patience (the guy has only had 4 months to learn the playbook, how could we expect more from him??) that's preventing Chad from being a force in this offense.

No, seriously, do you even read what you post? I refuse to believe so.

Ahhhh

Let's not go overboard here.

The offense puts up 27 points and over 400 yards of offense in 23 minutes.

With the exception of patsfans.com, that's pretty good.

Besides, what's up with no threads on the officiating?

That's really where the problem needs to be examined.

Ahhhh

Blaming the officials is for Jests fans. There were at least 8 penalties called against the Skins vs 4 called against the Pats.

Ahhhh

The offense is good. Very good, even. If it weren't, we'd have at most 4 wins right now. I'm arguing their success has hinged primarily on Brady's play, and that they could be even better if they were more balanced and had more talent at the WR position. That is all.

As I pointed out in another thread, the Patriots "lead" RB has a 3.8 ypc this year. I'm fine with legitimate criticism of the team, but you gave that up some time ago.

Troll all you want. Just don't expect people to buy into it.

You read and responded to my post Brainiac.
Deus you give legitimate football fans like me a ton of laughs.
Thanks Dudette. ;)

PS - the Patriots do have a very good, not great but a very good running game that goes horribly underutilized in this era of the BradyCentric Patriots, an era in which the Patriots always have pretty regular season numbers but never win a thing.

Blaming the officials is for Jests fans. There were at least 8 penalties called against the Skins vs 4 called against the Pats.

Thanks for the insight from the numbnuts bench.

However, I already knew the answer from that crowd. Therefore, I don't really need any further assistance from you.

You may not realize this but if the officiating is bad it's bad. Only a ****** looks at numbers of penalties vs the "quality" of penalties.

I mocked your post, slick....

Thanks Dudette. ;)

You're welcome. I think calling yourself "legitimate" is a bit of a stretch, but whatever works for you.

PS - the Patriots do have a very good, not great but a very good running game that goes horribly underutilized in this era of the BradyCentric Patriots, an era in which the Patriots always have pretty regular season numbers but never win a thing.

Sorry, but the running game has been a comparative weakness this season, due to multiple factors. That's just the way it is.

Last edited:
Thanks Dudette. ;)

Was the running game underutilized in 2010? How did that season end up?

The offense is good. Very good, even. If it weren't, we'd have at most 4 wins right now. I'm arguing their success has hinged primarily on Brady's play, and that they could be even better if they were more balanced and had more talent at the WR position. That is all.

The problem we have here is the reality of football vs the outlook of patsfans.com has become distorted.

patsfans.com has to come to grips with the reality that every drive will not end in a TD. That says nothing of the offense because it has to be evaluated vs historic trends.

If patsfans.com was redsox.com in 1941, Ted Williams would raked over the coals for failing 6 of 10 at bats.

The game was distorted with time of possession, yards, penalties and turnovers....mostly the officiating.

If a game doesn't follow the standard format, don't judge on the standard format.

As such, the reality is the game comes down to winning or losing.

Belichick on EEI, refusing to add any comment on the spat. Holley, Ordway and DeSossie keep pushing. Belichick not budging. Awwwwwkwaaaard.

What's wrong with you people? Seriously.

You're like a bunch of little kids fighting in the preschool playground. If there were a simple way to ignore one or two posters or easily identify the threads sure to degenerate into childish name calling, it would be one thing, but it's pretty much every thread longer than 10 posts at this point. Maybe that's how you all like it. For those of us who genuinely like patsfans, it's getting harder and harder to sort through the nonsense.

All of this is because of the defense. Brady watched this defense give up 3 fourth quarter scores vs the Colts. He feels he needs to complete every pass, score TDs everytime.

Who's responsible for the play calling in a goal line series? The OC is in charge of personnel changes or is that BB?:confused:

just curious how an offensive plan is integrated during a game. Not sure how much freedom TB's given, I know it's a lot but BOB also communicates with him via the headset calling plays.

education needed:confused:

Re: Brady yelling at offensive coordinator

For what it's worth, Underwood comments, via Christopher Price at weei.com:

It Is What It Is » Tiquan Underwood: ‘I’ve got to run a better route to catch the ball’

“As a wide receiver, we must get open and catch the ball. If we can’t catch it, no one catches it, so I have to just become a defender for Tom there and don’t let the guy intercept the ball,” Underwood said. “It was a good play by (Wilson), but I know that I’ve got to run a better route to catch the ball. If not, I have to bat it down.

“Me and Tom spoke after that. He just explained to me what I had to do and what to do next time when I’m in that situation.”

Underwood, who has two catches for 17 yards in three games this season with New England, said he’s starting to get more comfortable in the offense.

“It’s a learning experience,” Underwood said. “I’ve been getting help from a lot of guys in Deion, Wes (Welker), Tom. But like you said, it’s just learning on the fly. It’s part of this business. Sometimes, you come in and you have to learn on the hop. That’s what I’m trying to do.”​

All of this is because of the defense. Brady watched this defense give up 3 fourth quarter scores vs the Colts. He feels he needs to complete every pass, score TDs everytime.

I think thats what Currans point was in his article yesterday, Brady's putting too much pressure on himself. Hes always been pretty intense though.

There probably isnt a Pats fan alive who wasnt sceaming at the TV or in the stands. It was an abysmal display. Thank God they're fired up. If they were losing and laughing on the sidelines, then I'd be pissed. BTW, after the Mayo int to seal the game, TB and BOB hugged each other in celabration. Smiling and laughing with each other. This is a BS, non story. Plain, ol' stupid. Now the real story?... McCourty sux ass!:bricks:. There's a story.:mad:

For what it's worth, Underwood comments, via Christopher Price at weei.com:

It Is What It Is » Tiquan Underwood: ‘I’ve got to run a better route to catch the ball’

“As a wide receiver, we must get open and catch the ball. If we can’t catch it, no one catches it, so I have to just become a defender for Tom there and don’t let the guy intercept the ball,” Underwood said. “It was a good play by (Wilson), but I know that I’ve got to run a better route to catch the ball. If not, I have to bat it down.

“Me and Tom spoke after that. He just explained to me what I had to do and what to do next time when I’m in that situation.”

Underwood, who has two catches for 17 yards in three games this season with New England, said he’s starting to get more comfortable in the offense.

“It’s a learning experience,” Underwood said. “I’ve been getting help from a lot of guys in Deion, Wes (Welker), Tom. But like you said, it’s just learning on the fly. It’s part of this business. Sometimes, you come in and you have to learn on the hop. That’s what I’m trying to do.”​

Notice he mentioned who is coaching him. And it's not a position coach or the OC...who was out of line in injecting himself into a coaching moment between the QB and one of his receivers.

Greg Bedard tweeted earlier that he watched the play repeatedly and decided that Underqood didn't cut sharp enough on his route and then drifted too close to the back line which allowed the defender to undercut him. Also Light was getting beat which was why Brady had to put some air under that throw. Otherwise had Tiquan run a better route that's a TD. So...so much for the bad decision theory beyond he apparently should have known better than to target a street FA even though we're fielding one in crunch time. It's on the receiver to catch that ball or make damn sure no one else does. That's actually the way it works between great QB's and their targets... The bad ones are inconsistent and inaccurate. The great ones are more often than not victimized by inconsistent or sub par play execution on the part of the receiver.

Bill always preaches to these guys that he can't put them out there if he knows they cannot make the plays. That doens't mean he knows they will, just that they can. Tiquan is supposed to be a pretty precise route runner, so he needs to be precise since that is a big part of his skillset and value to a team. And it's WR101 that if it's close to you you catch it and if you can't catch it your job instantly becomes to defend it from being caught by the opposition (and if they were impeding you make sure someone notices that).

Publicly Tom took the blame because that's the kind of leader Bill raised him to be. I have a feeling BOB was making an excuse for the last 5th receiver in his arsenal and that's not something Bill will be pleased with privately...whether Brady fell on his sword to cover it or not.

Publicly Tom took the blame because that's the kind of leader Bill raised him to be. I have a feeling BOB was making an excuse for the last 5th receiver in his arsenal and that's not something Bill will be pleased with privately...whether Brady fell on his sword to cover it or not.
Where was the Patriots wide receiver coach Chad O'Shea during this "discussion"? If the wide receivers, aside from Wes Welker and Deion Branch, can't grasp the system, you really have to question the competency of the wide receiver coach.

Brady blaming another player for a failed play? That just is not like him at all....

Wait, I just remembered a conversation between a coach and Quarterback about an incomplete pass I heard this year.....

BB: "What about the one to Maroney?"

TFB: "It was right in his hands!!!" (doing his best Alvin the chipmunk impersonation)

BB: "It was over his head...."

TFB: "Oh that one...."

Whether he was just yelling at Tiquan, or he was actually blaming him for the whole play I will never truly know, but this whole situation did make me think of the BB Doc.

Last edited:
I wish I worked for Nfl Films.....you just know they had a mic somewhere that picked this up... Would be great to get an account of what was truly said, verbatim no less.

I liked when BB walked over and told O'Brien "Shut up, shut up"

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back