Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brady should fight for Moss !

If the Pats are trying to low ball Moss, Brady should step in and fight for
Moss.

If I was Brady I would tell them to sign Moss or I will be looking to be the
highest paid QB when my contract is up.

Then again..... I am not Brady.

I am just a frustrated season ticket holder who thinks the idea of losing Moss would be far worse than the 32% increase in the price of my season tickets.

Whaaa, there are plenty waiting in the wings to take those off your hands!

And why do you automatically assume they are low balling him? Because Kraft is a cheap bastard? :rolleyes:

A low ball is in the eyes of the beholder. If Moss gives the patriots a last opportunity to match and we say no, then we have not met the market price. Some would call this lowballing.

Others would say that the patriots offer the amount that the player is worth. Anyone can offer him anything more. Even if he has 10 other offers at more than we offered, our offer is not a low ball according to this view.

And who judges? Why, the impartial posters here of course!

I've seen no reports anywhere indicating the Pats are "trying to low ball Moss."

Pats knows what is best for Brady.;)

If Moss goes, I go, I'm done. We've dealt with enough crap over the last 5 months to have to experience Randy taking off. That would be the final straw.

I want Moss on this team as much as anybody, and I think this team truly needs him...but to say you'll stop rooting for them b/c he's not on the team? That's inane. The team WON 18 GAMES THIS SEASON, is that the "crap" we had to experience. Let's not act spoiled. Look I want Moss very badly, and I think the team NEEDS him, but to not root for the Pats if they fail to sign him? That's crazy, that just sounds spoiled.

Last edited:

If Moss goes, I go, I'm done. We've dealt with enough crap over the last 5 months to have to experience Randy taking off. That would be the final straw.

You should go now ... we don't need bandwagon pink hats anyways.

when it comes to draft business, Pats ranks #1 in NFL. They know what the hell they are doing. Please stop acting like Specter.

Last edited:

Patriots do not need Moss. We all want him to be back... but they just don't 'need' him.

Patriots do not need Moss. We all want him to be back... but they just don't 'need' him.

What leads you to this conclusion? They were the best offense in the history of the game last season because of Randy Moss. The season before, it was a real struggle for Brady, and I think we now he was not happy with the situation. If they had had Moss one season earlier, they'd have one more Super Bowl ring right now.

OMFG!
I come home from work to this?
No, not the Moss leaving rumors, but the jumping off bridges crap.
Get a freakin grip people.
First, I doubt he's going anywhere,
secondly, he was here for 1 season. He's not Brady, the team is not built around him, and we (see here, I said we, so there!), WE won 3 SB's without him.
So sit down and relax.

I want Moss on this team as much as anybody, and I think this team truly needs him...but to say you'll stop rooting for them b/c he's not on the team? That's inane. The team WON 18 GAMES THIS SEASON, is that the "crap" we had to experience. Let's not act spoiled. Look I want Moss very badly, and I think the team NEEDS him, but to not root for the Pats if they fail to sign him? That's crazy, that just sounds spoiled.

I've been a Pats fan for 30 years, I'm not going to bail now buddy, I guarantee you that. The post shouldn't be taken literally, it was a simple figure of speech to accentuate how unbelievably frustrated I will be if this does infact happen, give me a break!. My point is this, if we fail to keep Randy Moss happy after what he did for us and Tom Brady publicly stating that they are both a package deal, do you have any idea how ticked off Tom Brady will be if Moss leaves ?

18-1 is an accomplishment and Moss's former teams didn't achieve it when they had him. Moss was NOT the reason Pats won 18 games. 19-0 is the biggest achievement and Pats will do everything to achieve it. I like Moss.

Last edited:

with passing on the franchise tag, I feel that New England and Mr Moss have a deal already in place and are just waiting for the Free Agent period to beguin to announce that Randy will indeed retire as a Patriot!

I really hope he doesn't leave. Moss is the best player on this team (aside from Brady), how could you just let your best player walk through the door!

I wouldn't stop being a Pats fan if he left, but it would hurt bad and I would be royally pissed at BB and Pioli.

Jeze! I've seen some really out there post on this board this past year, but this has got to stop! Can't we just relax and wait till announcements are made? The FO has earned our trust in doing the right thing, and have brought a SB contender year after year. Lets chill and cut them some slack!!!!

18-1 is an accomplishment and Moss's former teams didn't achieve it when they had him. Moss was NOT the reason Pats won 18 games. 19-0 is the biggest achievement and Pats will do everything to achieve it. I like Moss.

Moss was certainly the reason why the Patriots won the week 17 Giants game. If he didn't get open for that touchdown at the end, the Patriots could have lost. He also could have won the superbowl with that game winning touchdown had your defense not collapsed at the end there. Moss makes a big impact on the Patriots, and hopefully he will not be resigned. I'd rather have him go to a weaker team so that the Chargers no longer have to worry about him.

Last edited:

Moss was certainly the reason why the Patriots won the week 17 Giants game. If he didn't get open for that touchdown at the end, the Patriots could have lost. He also could have won the superbowl with that game winning touchdown had your defense not collapsed at the end there. Moss makes a big impact on the Patriots, and hopefully he will not be resigned. I'd rather have him go to a weaker team so that we Chargers no longer have to worry about him.

He certainly makes a huge impact. On the other hand, Brady and MOss were trying to break a record that game against the Giants. You can argue that they would have won anyway.

By the way, that touchdown "at the end" happened with 15 minutes till left in the game.

The Patriots went up by two scores.

He certainly makes a huge impact. On the other hand, Brady and MOss were trying to break a record that game against the Giants. You can argue that they would have won anyway.

By the way, that touchdown "at the end" happened with 15 minutes till left in the game.

The Patriots went up by two scores.

I said it "could" have lost them the game had he not caught it. Also, a large part of Wes Welker's dominance has been because teams worry more about covering Moss than him and so he gets open thanks to Moss. Without Moss, Welker is not even close to as good as he was this season. If your organization was smart, they'd keep Moss. I believe he wants to stay in NE and Brady wants him there, so what's the hangup? It's not like he's a trouble maker either.

A low ball is in the eyes of the beholder. If Moss gives the patriots a last opportunity to match and we say no, then we have not met the market price. Some would call this lowballing.

Others would say that the patriots offer the amount that the player is worth. Anyone can offer him anything more. Even if he has 10 other offers at more than we offered, our offer is not a low ball according to this view.

And who judges? Why, the impartial posters here of course!

The market determines the "fair" contract value for a player of Moss is caliber the same way the market determines the franchise tag value. If 29 teams are offering roughly X for a true #1 receiver but the Pats offer Y...and Y is much less than X, then the Pats are lowballing.

Moss had the best/2nd best season a WR has ever had. How could anyone possibly say he wasn't a big part of the reason the offense was soo good? Moss has been on the two highest scoring offenses in the history of the NFL. Brady had his best season ever by a HUGE margin with Moss. Thats no coincidence.

Last edited:

One more bandwagon moron exposed. What have you been through in the past five months, besides seeing one of the greatest teams in NFL history play? Your use rname makes it obvious, but it is apparent that you're a pathetic little pink hat. Go find the latest in team to cheer for. I promise, you won't be missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News