PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady should fight for Moss!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brady should fight for Moss !

If Moss was trying to get more money on the Market, would it be considered tampering with the cap if Kraft were to, say, invest $ in Moss's juice company?

If the Pats are trying to low ball Moss, Brady should step in and fight for
Moss.

If I was Brady I would tell them to sign Moss or I will be looking to be the
highest paid QB when my contract is up.

Then again..... I am not Brady.

I am just a frustrated season ticket holder who thinks the idea of losing Moss would be far worse than the 32% increase in the price of my season tickets.

Budweiser Commercial Voice:

"Here's to you, Mr. Hypothetical Hatred Man.........

You post your threats and opinions on the internet AHEAD of situations that have yet to occur.........bravely, courageously, fighting for the people..........(lower voice) and against The Man........

Does anyone build you a statue or even say 'thank you, Mr Hypothetical Hatred Man? No, no they don't......and for that, they diminish THEMSELVES.

In the meantime, you soldier on.......fighting the good fight before anyone is even aware there is a fight to be fought......and whether or not it is even good.

So here's to you, Mr. Hypothetical Hatred Man.... a true HERO"

If Moss goes, I go, I'm done. We've dealt with enough crap over the last 5 months to have to experience Randy taking off. That would be the final straw.

So what did you do with your old Raiders and Vikings jerseys?

Welker is MUCH more important to Brady than Moss EVER was.

Yeah, I said it...

You post your threats and opinions on the internet AHEAD of situations that have yet to occur.........bravely, courageously, fighting for the people..........(lower voice) and against The Man........

Does anyone build you a statue or even say 'thank you, Mr Hypothetical Hatred Man? No, no they don't......and for that, they diminish THEMSELVES.

In the meantime, you soldier on.......fighting the good fight before anyone is even aware there is a fight to be fought......and whether or not it is even good

:rofl: A+ post! I miss those commercials....

Welker would've had nowhere near 112 catches without Moss. Of course there's no way to prove that, but understanding how Moss opens up the field for Brady and the other WRs isnt Rocket science. The guy had 23 TDs...you dont argue around that, i'm sorry. You dont say player A or B would've had more catches or picked up the slack without Moss.. you dont. Look up the highest # of TDs Brady had thrown to one receiver prior to Moss and rethink that theory. I'll say it again..TWENTY THREE TDs. Was he the only reason the offense improved from the year before?? No. Was he the biggest reason? Yes, by far.

W R O N G...

One more bandwagon moron exposed. What have you been through in the past five months, besides seeing one of the greatest teams in NFL history play? Your use rname makes it obvious, but it is apparent that you're a pathetic little pink hat. Go find the latest in team to cheer for. I promise, you won't be missed.

Man are you stupid, did you understand what I freakin said. I've been a fan for 30 freakin years, how old are you? You probably jumped on board in 2001 after they won their 1st ring. Get out of here will ya !!! I went down to New Orleans to see them get hammered by the Bears, were you even born yet?

My response was to be taken tongue in cheek dude. I've always been a fan and always will. I will be ticked beyond belief if they short-change Randy and he leaves. The 5 months I'm referring to are all of the taping allegations that began 5 months ago. I love the fact the team went 18-1. I'm very proud of that, I'm talking about the other negative BS. The allegations, the fines, losing a #1 pick, that's what I'm talking about. Wake up !!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

W R O N G...

I don't understand how you can say a guy who had 1 good season in his career, the same season he happened to play with the best WR in football, is more important than THE BEST WR IN FOOTBALL!!! It's insanity!

In the meantime, you soldier on.......fighting the good fight before anyone is even aware there is a fight to be fought......and whether or not it is even good.

Wow..... Mr Hypotherical Hatred man has a reposnse for Shmessy Moderator man
with 7220 posts.....

Get a life..... !

Last edited:
It looks down right ******ed to say Welker is more important. Look at their careers. Look at Welker the one season he has played with Randy. Man, what a coincidence.

It looks down right ******ed to say Welker is more important. Look at their careers. Look at Welker the one season he has played with Randy. Man, what a coincidence.

Not that I am making the argument, but you could also argue the opposite. Look at Moss in Oakland. Look at the one season he played with Wes Welker. Look at his production when he didn't have Cris Carter playing with him.

I think the point is that Moss as a prototypical WR, as Welker as a shorter pattern, slot, 3rd down, inside receiver (or however else you want to categorize him) make a very good tandem, and both are as good as their is in the NFL at the roles they play.

I think its very sad. For me the only thing that held me together after "The Loss" was the assumption that the same or similar dynamic offense would be back for another go of it next year. If Moss leaves I will have a retroactive deep depression. :(

Wow..... Mr Hypotherical Hatred man has a reposnse for Shmessy Moderator man
with 7220 posts.....

Get a life..... !

Do the math, Mr. Hypothetical Hatred Man: 100 posts in two weeks means that YOUR post per day average is higher than mine.

(Back to Bud Commercial Voice): ".......but Mr. Hypothetical Hatred Man bravely soldiers on in his quest by telling others to get a life while he hypothesizes his visceral reactions to scenarios yet to be played out......"

Hang in there, Cupofjoe. You seem like good people. It's all cool. ;)

Not that I am making the argument, but you could also argue the opposite. Look at Moss in Oakland. Look at the one season he played with Wes Welker. Look at his production when he didn't have Cris Carter playing with him.

I think the point is that Moss as a prototypical WR, as Welker as a shorter pattern, slot, 3rd down, inside receiver (or however else you want to categorize him) make a very good tandem, and both are as good as their is in the NFL at the roles they play.

You can't make it a valid argument though. The ONLY time Moss wasn't productive was when he was injured and didn't put forth the playing time or effort in Oakland in his second year there. In his first year there, he still put up over 1000 yds, 16.8 yds/rec, and 8 TD. He was unstoppable in Min and in NE, and in High School and College. Moss has always been the best athlete in EVERY sport he has played.

The Chris Carter argument also doesn't work. 2002-2004 Chris DIDN'T play with Moss, yet Moss still put up gaudy numbers (and caught more passes). Welker, on the other hand, didn't ever put up great numbers besides his 1 year with Moss. (yes, this was just his 4th year, but you argued one way, I'll argue the other).

Also, Moss has put up great numbers with many different QBs. Randall Cunningham, Jeff George, Daunte Cullpepper, Kerry Collins, and Tom Brady. Welker has only put up good numbers with one QB, Tom Brady.

I could go on and on, because this is an absurd argument. Randy Moss is considered the best WR in football and one of the greatest of all time. Welker isn't even a #1 in football, let alone of the best.

Last edited:
Do the math, Mr. Hypothetical Hatred Man: 100 posts in two weeks means that YOUR post per day average is higher than mine.

(Back to Bud Commercial Voice): ".......but Mr. Hypothetical Hatred Man bravely soldiers on in his quest by telling others to get a life while he hypothesizes his visceral reactions to scenarios yet to be played out......"

Hang in there, Cupofjoe. You seem like good people. It's all cool. ;)

Sounds good to me !

:cool:

(Back to Bud Commercial Voice): ".......but Mr. Hypothetical Hatred Man bravely soldiers on in his quest by telling others to get a life while he hypothesizes his visceral reactions to scenarios yet to be played out......"cool.
You forgot the introduction ......

"Real men of genius ......."

LOL...have you looked at Moss is numbers?? Hmm..you must've missed his 106 catch 1400 Yd season in 2002, the year after Carter retired. Or maybe you forgot about his even more impresive, his 111 catch, 1632 Yd, 17 TD season in 2003..his personal best before this year and arguably a top 5 season from a WR in nfl history. Look, in just 10 NFL seasons he's made 6 Probowls, has had 7 great seasons and 8 1000 Yd seasons. Of the 2 seasons he didnt get 1000 Yds, one of them was due to essentially missing 5 games(2004), but he still got 13 TDs, very impressive. The other season, 2006, was his worst year as a pro and his ONE legitmately poor season. But its no secret why he had those numbers, he was playing on a team with NO QB, NO OLINE, NO COACHING, and, to make matter worse, playing with a strained hamstring which caused him to sit out the last 3 games of the season. Are we seriously going to question the track recrod of Randy Moss, really?? Wes Welker had a breakout season, but he was beating LBs and 3rd string CBs all season thanks to Moss. To say that one can argue Wes Welker was more responsible for the Pats offensive success is wrong on every level.

You can't make it a valid argument though. The ONLY time Moss wasn't productive was when he was injured and didn't put forth the playing time or effort in Oakland in his second year there. In his first year there, he still put up over 1000 yds, 16.8 yds/rec, and 8 TD. He was unstoppable in Min and in NE, and in High School and College. Moss has always been the best athlete in EVERY sport he has played.

The Chris Carter argument also doesn't work. 2002-2004 Chris DIDN'T play with Moss, yet Moss still put up gaudy numbers (and caught more passes). Welker, on the other hand, didn't ever put up great numbers besides his 1 year with Moss. (yes, this was just his 4th year, but you argued one way, I'll argue the other).

Also, Moss has put up great numbers with many different QBs. Randall Cunningham, Jeff George, Daunte Cullpepper, Kerry Collins, and Tom Brady. Welker has only put up good numbers with one QB, Tom Brady.

I could go on and on, because this is an absurd argument. Randy Moss is considered the best WR in football and one of the greatest of all time. Welker isn't even a #1 in football, let alone of the best.

I missed your post and basically reiterated everything you said in my post...good to see i'm not the only one shaking my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back