PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady should fight for Moss!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL...have you looked at Moss is numbers?? Hmm..you must've missed his 106 catch 1400 Yd season in 2002, the year after Carter retired. Or maybe you forgot about his even more impresive, his 111 catch, 1632 Yd, 17 TD season in 2003..his personal best before this year and arguably a top 5 season from a WR in nfl history. Look, in just 10 NFL seasons he's made 6 Probowls, has had 7 great seasons and 8 1000 Yd seasons. Of the 2 seasons he didnt get 1000 Yds, one of them was due to essentially missing 5 games(2004), but he still got 13 TDs, very impressive. The other season, 2006, was his worst year as a pro and his ONE legitmately poor season. But its no secret why he had those numbers, he was playing on a team with NO QB, NO OLINE, NO COACHING, and, to make matter worse, playing with a strained hamstring which caused him to sit out the last 3 games of the season. Are we seriously going to question the track recrod of Randy Moss, really?? Wes Welker had a breakout season, but he was beating LBs and 3rd string CBs all season thanks to Moss. To say that one can argue Wes Welker was more responsible for the Pats offensive success is wrong on every level.
I guess the numbers don't lie ......

http://www.nfl.com/players/randymoss/profile?id=MOS699912

Without Moss, Welker is a pretty good player. No way he has a borderline pro bowl season without Moss demanding the kind of coverage that he routinely demands. Welker is great at what he does, but, as an impact player, Moss is in another league.

Re: Brady should fight for Moss !

When did this happen? Bc I dont recall it.

I miswrote when I said Gaffney was cut. But it does not change my point. Until signed Gaff is not part of this team BUT that should have no effect on what Moss is offered

Look at their careers. Look at Welker the one season he has played with Randy. Man, what a coincidence.

I think there is another factor you might want to add into the "look at the one season Welker played with" line of thought.

Here's a hint: He's not Joey Harrington or AJ Feeley.

Last edited:
You can't make it a valid argument though. The ONLY time Moss wasn't productive was when he was injured and didn't put forth the playing time or effort in Oakland in his second year there. In his first year there, he still put up over 1000 yds, 16.8 yds/rec, and 8 TD. He was unstoppable in Min and in NE, and in High School and College. Moss has always been the best athlete in EVERY sport he has played.

The Chris Carter argument also doesn't work. 2002-2004 Chris DIDN'T play with Moss, yet Moss still put up gaudy numbers (and caught more passes). Welker, on the other hand, didn't ever put up great numbers besides his 1 year with Moss. (yes, this was just his 4th year, but you argued one way, I'll argue the other).

Also, Moss has put up great numbers with many different QBs. Randall Cunningham, Jeff George, Daunte Cullpepper, Kerry Collins, and Tom Brady. Welker has only put up good numbers with one QB, Tom Brady.

I could go on and on, because this is an absurd argument. Randy Moss is considered the best WR in football and one of the greatest of all time. Welker isn't even a #1 in football, let alone of the best.

But the point I was making was that having BOTH of them, make BOTH of them better.
Having Moss on the field makes Welker more productive, but the opposite is true also.
I don't think you have to belittle Welker in order to highlight Moss.
Thee is no argument who is a better all around reciever, but the point is that Welker helps Moss produce also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back