PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady backs Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good response from Tom. I already stated in another thread that it was a silly comment from Jaws, although I think orginally it was unintentional. But of course ESPN couldn't let it rest and the smoke began to turn into fire. Tom had no option other than to back Randy as quickly as possible, as the last thing we need is the denizens of the press watching Moss's every move and calling out even the slightest hint of not playing 100%

I also like the strength of his comments, not just defending his man, but pointing out the sheer stupidity of expecting flat out execution on every play. Just check the other teams to see how many passing attempts they made - the Pats had higher than normal plays and passing attempts in that game, and I bet everyone was pretty exhausted by the end of it.

Boy am I glad we have TB on the team, and I am pretty sure that Moss appreciates Tom's words the most, and that's all that counts.

i dont think Brady thinks too highly of the reporters, or how smart they are, LOL

"There is nobody that has more respect for what he's done than the quarterback of this team, which is me, and..."

It filters from the top down. I love it.

This part spoke volumes to me:
-------
"Randy is an extremely mentally tough person and people have crticized him since the day he got here. People have pre-judged him and stereotyped him. He's been nothing but a positive influence on this team, on this locker room, and his performance speaks for itself. He's probably the most feared offensive player in the game, so what somebody says outside of this locker room means nothing."

Reading that entire response in the 1st post again, that was a LONG response by Tom.

You can tell he was fired up about this, try reading out loud his words, he obviously felt strongly about this and his answer to the press was very lengthy and emphatic.

These two are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO in it for the long haul. Randy is not going anywhere, if Brady has to slide him a few of his own bucks. On a related note, we've always known that Tom was a good leader, but we are really starting to see some of that publically. He's very protective of his WR's, his offense in general and, for that matter, HIS TEAM.

These two are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO in it for the long haul. Randy is not going anywhere, if Brady has to slide him a few of his own bucks. On a related note, we've always known that Tom was a good leader, but we are really starting to see some of that publically. He's very protective of his WR's, his offense in general and, for that matter, HIS TEAM.

I've noticed that Brady has changed a bit this year.
Before he was always polished and happy-go-lucky, however it's clear that this year he's peeved over the way the media has covered this team and demonized and nit-picked at it. He hasn't been afraid to show some emotion to the press, when in past years he's always been calm and collected.

Brady = Anakin

Anyone who has ever played football at any level, knows that if the team does not believe in it's Quarterback, even if he is a great player, it's doomed.

On the other hand their are some guys that you would "run through a wall for". Brady has always been that type of guys from the way he wouldn't take endorsements without including his lineman, to shunning the spotlight, and working harder than anyone else on the team. Now someone comes and tries to insult Randy, and what does Tom do, he calls them out on it and backs Randy publicly, adamantly, and at the top of his voice. That's the kind of guy that you will go over the middle for.

Jaws has been very supportive and admiring of the Pats and BB (i.e., he is not like Hoge or Schlereth). He's a film guy and he reviews footage we do not see or have access to.

I doubt Jaws would bust on Moss for taking off a screen to the opposite side of the field or a running play to the other side. I would not expect a WR to go all out every play.

The example Jaws actually used was a case where the free safety broke up a pass to Faulk when Faulk was mismatched on a LB. Jaws said that Moss was supposed to draw the free safety over, but did not, and this allowed the safety to get over to Faulk and break up the play.

I'll cut Moss some slack after 11 weeks of greatness, but at the same time, there's nothing wrong with Jaws making a fair football criticism. It's not like he was speculating about motives or antying like that -- just looking at the performance and giving his professional football judgment.

Not every criticism is an attack.

I'd love to see Brady call Jaws out on Monday night on this.

Well personally, I was thinking along the same lines as Jaws was while the game was going on, so I wasn't shocked to see Jaws mentioned it. I thought Randy was getting frustrated though, not that he was giving up. But I trust that Jaws usually gives an informed opinion unlike other ESPN personalities, so I wasn't upset to see his comments. Plus I agree with another poster who said that ESPN blew this up into "JAWS TAKES DOWN RANDY MOSS!!!!!!"

As for Brady, he did exactly the right thing, as he usually does when he it comes to the media. I think when Brady makes these kind of forceful comments, he thinks it through pretty carefully beforehand. It's like what happened when he was pissed at those Marty Schottenheimer "the Pats have a lot of injuries" sympathy comments from last season. Was he really pissed at Marty? Probably not. But he saw an opportunity to use Marty's comments for the good of the team.

So I see this in the same way. Brady saw an opportunity to defend his WR in the public eye, it doesn't matter what Jaws actually intended with his comments or whether or not Brady even agrees with him.

espn is milking the hype machine to gain viewers. It's what they do to stay in business.

That aside, I could not agree more with other comments on Brady's strong and articulate reply, it indicates his leadership and should make players go thru hell to support him. Contrast this with those QBs who throw team mates under the bus. We are SO blessed to have the Kraft/BB/Brady strong up the middle team of owner coach and franchise QB. Let's enjoy the ride while it's open.

See, what Jaws should have done in his film analysis is talk about how often Randy Moss is held or his jersey is gripped, and how this is very frustrating for him because the officials aren't calling it.

It's like what happened when he was pissed at those Marty Schottenheimer "the Pats have a lot of injuries" sympathy comments from last season. Was he really pissed at Marty? Probably not. But he saw an opportunity to use Marty's comments for the good of the team.

So I see this in the same way. Brady saw an opportunity to defend his WR in the public eye, it doesn't matter what Jaws actually intended with his comments or whether or not Brady even agrees with him.
I believe Brady was truly pissed at Marty, and he's now pissed at Jaws. That's Brady's makeup, as he despises losing, and he won't stand for unfounded criticism of his team. The comments by Jaws are ridiculous unless he's had a direct discussion with the receiver or the coach confirming that his play was counter to the team's wishes. Since that will never happen, the whole thing becomes speculative. Making news or charges based on speculation is something only fans on message boards should do, not a paid former NFL QB who purports to know the game.

Last edited:
But, but...

But Michael Felger said that Moss was dogging it! :eek:

Michael Felger is never wrong. :mad:

Never, never, never EVER! :mad:

Yeah, yeah, Felger . . . . feh.

This whole thing by Jaws is part of the efforts by ESPN to generate more interest/ intrigue in MNF. They're scared shyteless that this game will be a blowout by the 7:00 minute mark of the second quarter, and they want to establish an element of interest beforehand.

Felger's excuse is he's trying to get listeners to his radio show and NEST. Therefore, I've changed "4 Downs with Felger" to "Thumbs Down On Felger."

I think it's good that this has come up.

It will be a source of inspiration and bulletinboard material... all in a positive way!!!!:D

Brady said the right things. Moss knows that his QB has got his back. I think this just adds to the "us vs world" mentality in the Patriots lockerroom. It's already a close-knit groups, so just look at this as added motivation for Moss and Brady come Monday night. The Ravens better get ready for a real whupping.

The "Moss is taking plays" off crowd are similar to the Refs and the OPI calls against Moss. Moss has a reputation so they are looking to call OPI or looking for plays where it looks like he is taking off.

The unfortunate thing about reputations is that they are not always based on fact but on perception. Obviously Randy didn't help himself with the I play when I want to play comments, but I think Jaws, guys like Felger and a lot of Moss's critics are looking for excuses to call him out.

Eli Manning take a lesson from TB

This is how you show leadership and get your guys to play hard for you

Guess who woke up the sleeping Grizzly !!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS JAWS, THANK YOU SIR

TOM AND RANDY AREN'T HAPPY, I'm sure the city of Baltimore appreciates your comments a few days before game time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft