PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady backs Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and this is why I love Tom 'effin' Brady and more importantly, WHY his teammates LOVE him!

I believe Brady was truly pissed at Marty, and he's now pissed at Jaws. That's Brady's makeup, as he despises losing, and he won't stand for unfounded criticism of his team.

Brady does have a temper, but I really believe that when it comes to the media he is much more calculating and media savvy then we give him credit for. I don't think he was pissed at Marty, at least not to the extent that his comments made it sound. I'm sure he knew very well that Marty meant no disrespect, but Brady wanted to make it clear to his teammates that the injury excuse would absolutely not fly in the lockerroom. Marty's comments made it easy.

All I'm saying is when it comes to the media, I think Brady thinks long and hard about whatever he says before he says it, he doesn't react solely out of temper. I think it's the same in this case.

The comments by Jaws are ridiculous unless he's had a direct discussion with the receiver or the coach confirming that his play was counter to the team's wishes. Since that will never happen, the whole thing becomes speculative. Making news or charges based on speculation is something only fans on message boards should do, not a paid former NFL QB who purports to know the game.

I think you're being too hard on Jaws here. He's not Skip Bayless. I don't feel like he has an axe to grind, like other media members do.

Now this is what a good leader does.

Once again well said by a true leader and great team player (as well as the greatest QB of all time.....sorry got off topic ;)) I usually like Jaws....but obviously he has become publicity starved and felt like he needed to do something to draw attention to himself.......Maybe he was hoping to be the first one this season to start a Moss "controversy"......."uh oh....here he goes again....starting his usual attitude stuff........creating a diversion to his teammates" etc........Maybe if Jaws had "taken a few plays off" his team might have won more games!

Only kidding....I still like Jaws overall..........In all seriousness, ALL PLAYERS.....most specifically WR's take a few plays off.....like Brady said....Try running 40 40 yd windsprints in a row and keep the same intensity in each one.......not too easy.....cmon Jaws...you are better than that!!!

Jaws has been very supportive and admiring of the Pats and BB (i.e., he is not like Hoge or Schlereth). He's a film guy and he reviews footage we do not see or have access to.

I doubt Jaws would bust on Moss for taking off a screen to the opposite side of the field or a running play to the other side. I would not expect a WR to go all out every play.

The example Jaws actually used was a case where the free safety broke up a pass to Faulk when Faulk was mismatched on a LB. Jaws said that Moss was supposed to draw the free safety over, but did not, and this allowed the safety to get over to Faulk and break up the play.

I'll cut Moss some slack after 11 weeks of greatness, but at the same time, there's nothing wrong with Jaws making a fair football criticism. It's not like he was speculating about motives or antying like that -- just looking at the performance and giving his professional football judgment.

Not every criticism is an attack.

I agree. I think Jaws, a very fair analyst, admires the Pats and Randy Moss, but his review of the Eagles game versus the other 10 prior games made him
conclude Moss's effort was off a bit.

The example he used was complete B.S.

Moss took his man to the middle...Stallworth came across the field with a CB and ran that DB right into the Faulk play.

Jaworski used a HORRIBLE example to buttress his "point". I don't care how he comes across...he's STILL a media jackal like all the rest. Just look at what they've tried to do to our team this season...and by extension TO US...the Patriot fan base.

The whole lot of them can rot in hell for all I care.

Memo to Jaws: 54 passing plays is a lot for a sprinter, no?

Wake the eff up and don't stick your foot in your mouth again.

I'm going to be the first to say it...

Randy Moss WILL tie or beat the single game record for touchdown passes on Monday.

Last edited:
Jaws sucks. He used to ball wash Manning every year picking the Colts over the Pats. Finally this year he stumbles over himself jumping on the Pats bandwagon. But its boring, because all they do is win, so now he has to pull something out his ass to stir things up.

WTF does this ******* know? He never won crap. The one time he got to the Superbowl he practically shyt himself as the Raiders steamrolled his ass.

Re: Eli Manning take a lesson from TB

I mean, is it possible to love this guy anymore? We are truly blessed to have this guy.

As BB said no player is perfect and every player has things to improve upon. So Jaws found one of those things. Big deal. Every player has faults. Tom did the right thing by defending his teammate publically, but you know privately BB is probably having a little chat with Randy about this. To attack Jaws and say he sucked as a player because he pointed out a legitimate observation reeks of homerism and is akin to a pro-wrestling fan mentality. No one wants to hear analysts kiss everyone's ass all the time. That's boring as hell. Take the good with the bad and learn to accept it. Jaws has floated a lot of praise the Patriots way. Somehow that's ok, but when there is some balance that's not ok? Sheesh.

Last edited:
No, I don't know what BB is doing privately...you do, huh? Must be nice to have the inside track on all things Belichick.

No, it was NOT a legitimate observation. The example he used was erroneous...period...which raises the LEGITIMATE question about HIS true intention.There is no "balance" here.

as far as "kissing someone's ass" goes, who said ANYTHING about that? You completely missed the point.

Last edited:
Jaws is a little too overwhelmed with his admiration of himself. It must be hard for someone with his limited intellect to have to come up with pity comments on a regular basis. He couldn't get er done throwing pigskin for Philly in '84 and he isn't doing any better as a sports analyst.:D

Re: Eli Manning take a lesson from TB

I mean, is it possible to love this guy anymore?

Yes, it IS possible, but I for one am unwilling.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back