Status
Not open for further replies.

BadMoFo

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Now this is what a good leader does.

Tom Brady backs Randy Moss
By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff November 30, 07 11:53 AM
FOXBOROUGH -- Patriots quarterback Tom Brady came to the defense of receiver Randy Moss today. Brady was asked to respond to remarks made by ESPN "Monday Night Football" analyst Ron Jaworski that Moss took plays off last Sunday against the Eagles.

"I have never, ever felt he has taken plays off. Are you kidding me? There is nothing there about Randy's game that I'm not 100 percent positive on," Brady said at his Gillette Stadium locker.

"Randy is an extremely mentally tough person and people have crticized him since the day he got here. People have pre-judged him and stereotyped him. He's been nothing but a positive influence on this team, on this locker room, and his performance speaks for itself. He's probably the most feared offensive player in the game, so what somebody says outside of this locker room means nothing."

Moss leads all Patriots skill-position players (non-quarterbacks) in snaps played and has been an ironman in that regard. Brady pointed out that was reflective of Moss' work ethic, and then zeroed in on the offense's performance against the Eagles.

"We had 54 pass attempts in a game, and you go out and tell a world-class sprinter to run 15, 50-yard dashes, the idea is 'you better have it when you need it.' And Randy is a smart player and he knows when he needs it," Brady said. "I have so much trust in him. He's been everything that we hoped for, a great leader. There is nobody that has more respect for what he's done than the quarterback of this team, which is me, and along with that, the other receivers he plays with. He's the most feared player in the game, that speaks for itself."

Last edited:
EXCELLENTLY said.

Including the implicit, throwaway admission of what all the WRs-turned-analyst say, which is that NO receiver can run flat-out, every play, every game.

I.e., his words admit the technicalities of the charge, but his context TOTALLY and highly convincingly denies the damaging implication.

Eat that losers. Jaws will back peddle.

I would now like that thank Mr. Jaworski in advance for the throttling that Brady-Moss is going to put on Baltimore Monday night.

Moss had a TD pass stolen from him for the second time this season.

Brady is pissed and thinks his "man" is being disrespected. I smell another 4TD passes in a half!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so glad he said this.

BB does somewhat the same

http://www.allthingsbillbelichick.com/

Michael Smith: "Ron Jaworski this week had some comments about Randy Moss, and perceived, on his part, lack of effort against Philadelphia running complementary routes. How would you characterize Randy's effort against Philadelphia, specifically in that category?"
Bill Belichick: "Well I think, like all of us, Ron's a football guy and he's entitled to his opinion. So is everybody else. I just think that Randy's done a good job for us. He's been a good leader; he's been a good player. He's been very productive. And I'd say the same thing about Randy I'd say about myself and every other player: it's not perfect. There are things he could do better. I make plenty of mistakes, so does everybody else. So, is every play perfect, for any of us? No. There's room for improvement by all of us. I'd put everybody into that category."
Smith: "Is that category a particular area that – effort on complementary routes – is that something that you…"
Belichick: "I'm just saying that I think there are plays in every game that any player could improve on. There are plays that could be better coached or better called or better officiated or better anything! I mean, it's a competitive game. There's always room for improvement for everybody. And that includes every player and every coach on our team. I can't speak for any other ones, but…"

frankly iam just tired of offering excuses for being a 11-0 team..there is always something -ve about the pats week after week.

I'd love to see Brady call Jaws out on Monday night on this.

Kudos to Tom for setting the record straight. There are only a few peoples opinions of Moss that really matter and I see Toms as one of them.
I like Jaws but I think he is way off on this one

wow...Brady with a pretty emphatic defense

Brady is pissed and thinks his "man" is being disrespected. I smell another 4TD passes in a half!!!!!!!!!!!!

I understand what you are saying, but it seems a little silly. If Jaws had said nothing, are you saying Brady would look for Moss less? Or that Moss could have 4 TDs against Baltimore but probably wouldn't without appropriate external motivation? I think these types of comments can sharpen a team's focus in preparing for a game, but I don't think they mean anything after kickoff.

Also, I'm not sure this is the best game for a Moss breakout. If Baltimore rolls Reed over to Moss (and I would), that is not a place I would attack. Especially is MacAlister is healthy and matched up with Moss. I actually see the Pats attacking Ray-Ray in the middle of the field and Watson/Welker having a huge game.

i dont think Brady thinks too highly of the reporters, or how smart they are, LOL

"There is nobody that has more respect for what he's done than the quarterback of this team, which is me, and..."

Respect and Easterbrook should NEVER be mentioned in the same breath...same goes for the the rest of the gaggling media horde

I effing heart our QB.

I would now like that thank Mr. Jaworski in advance for the throttling that Brady-Moss is going to put on Baltimore Monday night.

Exactly!:rocker:

Love the fire Brady is showing in interview this season. It's it's just on the right side of condescension & contempt for the media. I couldn't love it more.

he (Jaws) is just jealous that he didn't have someone like moss to throw to in his time.

Last edited:
he (Jaws) is just jealous that he didn't have someone like moss to throw to in his time.

Jaws had Carmichael, so it's not as if he didn't have tremendous players to help him out. Whatever the reason may be for Jaws daring to say something that Patriots fans are taking umbrage over, I think it's safe to say that Jealousy about Moss is not it.

I too like Jaws. Like BB said, it's his opinion.

He frick'n wrong on this, but it's his opinion.

Randy is the balls!! I'm glad TB responded with fire!!

I hear ya FTW...thank you Jaws...anybody else care to step up to the mic....please, I dare you, esp. a player on a future opponet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes