PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady and Warren fined for not buckling chinstraps [mergedx2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tom Brady fined for not buckling chinstrap

In one way, like seatbelt laws, it has obstensible virtue.

On the other hand, it's not a willful intent to subvert NFL rules. Football is intense to play both physically and mentally. The fact that any or all of the snaps aren't snapped is easily missed. Fining this "offense" is silly.

What basis does anyone have to say this is being enforced only against the Patriots. That would be very surprising.

NFL views it as a safety issue. I don't know if that's right. Maybe it's silly. Maybe there's some science behind it. I'm not a doctor.

But just because the NFL hit us for the spygate crap doesn't mean it's out to get us. A bunch of conspiracy theorists. The purpose of the fine is obviously not to punish but to ensure compliance. I'm sure our QB didn't do it on purpose, but my hunch is he's far less likely to do it again now. If the $5,000 adds, even more modestly, more protection, I'm all for it. Not my money.

NFL is doing there part to prevent us from winning it all. One can only hope Roger the fraud has to hand us the Lombardi post superbowl.

Actually this kind of stuff guarantees a Super Bowl and increases the odds of a perfect season. Gotta admire the NFL's effort though.

This team is like a bunch of Bobby Bouchers out there - we have 53 "Waterboy" 's on our roster - and they are playing like everyone is talking about their momma :) Did you see Wes Welker after his first TD? Doing the Moss celebration and yelling? Crazy, scary and oh-so-satisfying.

Last edited:

now we know why the nfl is cracking down on this.....its part of the concussion prevention push......problem is its BS

A looser helmet would dissipate more force in a direct blow because the helmet moves absorbing energy

A tight helmet transfers the force of the hit directly to the head

note: concussion dont happen at the instant of the impact. During a hit the brain gets compressed against the skull toward the hit. The injury occurs when the brain rebounds and bounces off the other side of the skull.

now i really feel like an idiot

now we know why the nfl is cracking down on this.....its part of the concussion prevention push......problem is its BS

A looser helmet would dissipate more force in a direct blow because the helmet moves absorbing energy

A tight helmet transfers the force of the hit directly to the head

note: concussion dont happen at the instant of the impact. During a hit the brain gets compressed against the skull toward the hit. The injury occurs when the brain rebounds and bounces off the other side of the skull.

now i really feel like an idiot

I think it's more about the NFL 'uniform policy' than anything else. Remember Portis' fine for not wearing the right socks?

Merged all the threads about this together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back