PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady and Warren fined for not buckling chinstraps [mergedx2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

swheeler23

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
i just read Brady and Warren were fined 5,000 and 10,000 for not buckling there chin straps. Is this true? I understand they want to reduce concussions but those are high.

Re: Were Brady and Ty Warren fined 5,000 and 10,000 ?

If they're really fining people for that then they must have handed out 350 fines this week.

Welcome to Goodell's NFL.

I really am starting to dislike Goodell. I respected him for finally making NFL players see what real life is like. But jesus, there is a difference between policing them and treating them like this is college! They're grown men, you simply can not discipline a grown man anymore. I don't think Brady and Warren should be find for it when everyone else does it. If they get hurt it's their fault. I think they should definantly be flagged a lot more for safety, but fines? Even if small seems to me like Goodell is becoming insecure and nothing is good enough for him.

How is a 3rd and fourth chin strap going to help concussions? They were wearing the 2.

Link to this story please?

I don't know if this one ias true, but I have heard of other players getting fined for this in recent weeks. There was a play during the game Sunday and they showed Brady at the line with a strap hanging and the first thing I said was "There's a fine." Sad what the NFL is becoming.

I can never post a link. I found the article on southcoasttoday.com. Or if you google tom brady fined , then click news it is there.
I guess 13 fines are being fought by the players union. 4 of those are from Brady and Warren. The players are told by the refs to buckle all 4 . They can not be flagged but they are fined. 5,000 for first time, 10,000 for second.
Thanks for posting the link.

Last edited:

This is about the problem with concussions. The NFL has a legal risk very much in play, and can't afford to be shown to be ignoring its own rules that reduce their likelihood. Its all about courtroom strategy at this point.

This is about the problem with concussions. The NFL has a legal risk very much in play, and can't afford to be shown to be ignoring its own rules that reduce their likelihood. Its all about courtroom strategy at this point.

Is it also mandatory that players wear mouthgaurds? What about thigh pads, rib pads, Knee braces? I' m sure some lame study can be trotted out to support the argument to put players in full body armor. Is the NFL legally at risk here too?

They should just start wearing these:

sumo.jpg

Last edited:

I don't think that there is a target on the Pats players. Goodell is going after everybody. I just read that Roy Williams got fined $15K for Horse Tackling.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...oys/stories/101307dnspocowbriefs.34aca28.html

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/
Safety Roy Williams, who was fined $15,000 for a horse-collar tackle in Monday's win over the Bills, is the subject of a Dallas Morning News piece that states he could face suspension in the future if he violates the rule again.

Wow they can suspend a player for that?:confused:

and let's not forget the fine on TO for that celebration a few weeks ago. I didn't think it was a big deal, but I guess the commish thought differently. Leaguewide, this man must be dropping the boom on players for every little thing.

Last edited:

I don't think that there is a target on the Pats players. Goodell is going after everybody. I just read that Roy Williams got fined $15K for Horse Tackling.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...oys/stories/101307dnspocowbriefs.34aca28.html

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

He does it alot. This is the second time this season they fined him for it.

and let's not forget the fine on TO for that celebration a few weeks ago. I didn't think it was a big deal, but I guess the commish thought differently. Leaguewide, this man must be dropping the boom on players for every little thing.

The rule was invented because of Roy Williams. He continues to do it. The horse collar tackle is a very dangerous maneuver.

Fellers,

that's even even the worst of it. The NFL has at least one representative at each game whose sole job is to warn players about uniform infractions, and to report them for fines if they fail to comply. These infractions range from not pulling up their socks to not tucking in heir jersey, etc. Really mickey-mouse stuff and the fines can add up for repeat infractions.

That doesn't even include the wearing of non-authorised shoes, headbands, do-rags, etc.

Respects,

And teh problem is goodell is a hypocrite...there's a dentist in the South Shore that has a solution to this..that the so called NFL experts in this do not like..and ignore him..He fits players with mouth guards that prevent a LOT of concussions from the front...mainly about 60% or so..but Goodell's cronies ignore what he has done and..frankly, I';d like to see Goodell go down in flames..GONE!! He sucks for football..and he may be the first commissionor to see the league go in the wrong direction.. Get the *** out of here..your father was a scumbag who didn't have the balls to do what was right..and you are worse!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes