PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady #4?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
You didn't think the NFL's top 100 of 2012 couldn't get anymore ridiculous, but it just did as they ranked Brady at #4. BEHIND Calvin Johnson.

:bricks:

That's all I have to say to this.

We all know the truth. That is what's important!

Incredible, he's the best QB in the league shouldn't be a debate. How many deep threats do Rodgers and Brees have? Multiple. Brady only got his this off season but he still breaks Marino's record, I rest my case.

a significant # of players also have envy-driven Patriots hatred. Not as much as the media, but still to a level sufficient to affect ratings like this

He took a putrid defense to the SB. What a joke.

Brees ahead of him? :rofl: Mr.Dome is not better.

Last edited by a moderator:
In all honesty why do we care? These polls are useless. If Brady was #1 or #100 on this list, it doesn't change what he does for this team or his accomplishments.

I didn't agree with Jimmy Graham getting listed higher than Gronk and I don't agree with Brady at #4 behind Megatron. But this list means nothing other than entertainment purposes. Based on the Pro Bowl and the players who get in, the players are not much different than fans when it comes to judging players and reputations and biases cloud players' opinions.

I think it's simply a result of more NFC players voting than AFC players. Don't need to look any further than Jimmy Graham being 7 spots ahead of Gronk.

Rodgers and Brees both have been SB MVPs in the past 3 seasons. C. Johnson is arguable, but he is a transcendant talent. I don't see anything to complain about here.

Last edited:
Criminy, is that show still running? LOL.

Here's the thing: For all the letting players have votes for Pro Bowl and awards and stuff like that, it seems to me that as a group their knowledge of the game is not greater than fans'*. They're at least as drawn to the shiny new thing (Megatron) and the flashiest of stats at a very basic level (Brees) as fans are. (Hey, it doesn't matter that Brees played more dome games last year than Brady has played the past decade). I actually can't begrudge Rodgers because of the overall year he had; I'd take Brady any day but in this type of vote you can't go wrong with either.

I'd love to see similar a poll of coaches and assistants.

*Except last year when they got it right. ;)

They must have shown 50 Brees highlights, and I think about three of them occurred outdoors.

Great player. Incredibly great DOME player.

I think it's simply a result of more NFC players voting than AFC players. Don't need to look any further than Jimmy Graham being 7 spots ahead of Gronk.

LOL .. seriously? OK, now I want to see how the cheerleaders would vote.

And let the melt down begin, lol

Rodgers sees Brady as the benchmark and says he's still the man in the NFL, very classy guy. I love me some A-Rodg and rate him more than Brees because come rain or sunshine, indoor or outdoor he can throw any kind of throw on the money.

Last edited:
I could really care less

this whole poll lost its meaning when Kuhn was in the top 100 and was 1 spot above tony romo.

...and here we have some added fuel for the Brady fire this season.

These polls are strictly for discussion points during the looooooong break we are in the thick of right now. I don't take it too seriously but good to talk about.

Meh... Brady is the best in the biz we all know.

This countdown is nothing more than fodder to drum up debate/controversy/drama/attention for the looming season that kicks off in a few months...

The players are no different than fans, I agree. When pro-football scouts do a countdown, then I will take it a bit more seriously...

The only logical reason for this is the NFL players are bitter that the Patriots are good. No other reason Brady should be 4 and Gronk behind Graham. :mad:

Last edited:
BTW, I don't have a problem with anyone putting Brees and Rodgers ahead of Brady. I think all three are close enough to have them listed in any order.

I have a problem with Megatron being listed higher. Megatron was a stud this year, but I personally just don't think he was the only reason for Stafford's emergence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back