PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady #4?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I've given up caring what other people think about Tom Brady on a comparative basis. I know what I think of Tom Brady. That's enough for me.

I getcha there, but Revis gave him some mad props. Even though he's a Jet he said someday he'll tell his kids Bradys story and called him the best of all time. That's telling from the guy who finished #5 as a CB and a division rival. I've got a newfound respect for him for the next 364 days (or 363, it's a leap year).

Even Im a Colts fan and I know Tom Brady is better then Calvin Johnson, Drew Breeze, and Aaron Rodgers

I'm glad I don't watch these shows. I let my own eyes do the judging and though I haven't watched I think you could make a case for Rodgers or Brees for the regular season. No way cj .You could make an argument for Gronk being better than cj and welker being slightly less then cj.

This is kind of like a parliamentary election; where the vote gets split a lot in one particular category.

there are 3 QBs in the NFL right now who are legitimately DEBATEABLE for a ONE-YEAR OUTLOOK as 1a, 1b, and 1c (with Pay-me-a-ton potentially out there to have a come-back year and be 1d). Most posters here, self included, would say that TB wins that debate; but it still is debateable.

It is likely that these 3 guys split the QB first vote. Johnson may have got a lot of #3, and even some #2 votes - Breese & Rogers split the #1s and Brady only got a lot of #2s or 3s. Then the WRs & some others who are maybe tired of seeing prima-donna QBs always be on top and vote for their homie #1 and he jumps over TB in total point count.

Anyway, it just seems like we are desperately searching for something to get excited about with false outrage to get caught up in some poll of NFL players (particularly when not even all of them participated in it).

More bulletin board material...

Rodgers maybe, but Brees and Johnson WTF?????

We all know where he should be!

This is kind of like a parliamentary election; where the vote gets split a lot in one particular category.

there are 3 QBs in the NFL right now who are legitimately DEBATEABLE for a ONE-YEAR OUTLOOK as 1a, 1b, and 1c (with Pay-me-a-ton potentially out there to have a come-back year and be 1d). Most posters here, self included, would say that TB wins that debate; but it still is debateable.

It is likely that these 3 guys split the QB first vote. Johnson may have got a lot of #3, and even some #2 votes - Breese & Rogers split the #1s and Brady only got a lot of #2s or 3s. Then the WRs & some others who are maybe tired of seeing prima-donna QBs always be on top and vote for their homie #1 and he jumps over TB in total point count.

Anyway, it just seems like we are desperately searching for something to get excited about with false outrage to get caught up in some poll of NFL players (particularly when not even all of them participated in it).
I would have said Rodgers had the best personal year for a Quarterback in 2011/2012. Brady had the best season for a Quarterback (if that makes sense).

I'm a fan of Brees but if I were to choose 1 QB to replace Brady, it would be Rodgers. Brees and Rodgers haven't gone on prolonged post-season runs year after year like Tom Brady. That's what sets Brady apart.

Last edited:
I think it's great. Another slap in the face will only motivate Brady even more. The top 100 is a joke, as everyone knows - if they wanted it to be accurate they would just pencil Brady in at #1 every year and then debate the next 99.

I was surprised that Brady went #4, I was almost sure the top three would go Rodgers, Brees, Brady. Rodgers had a historically efficient season last year and was well deserving of the MVP and #1 spot, but I thought it was a toss-up among Brees and Brady. Megatron hurdling the 4th spot was very surprising.

That said, it's voted by the players. Who cares.

Dan Hanzus of NFL.com wrote an article soon after saying how Brady got screwed.

It's funny reading some of the comments... there are as many who think he deserved to be #1 as those who still think he's a JAG system QB who doesn't belong in the conversation. Brady will always be a polarizing figure... it would be quite different with two extra rings (and sans SpyGate), sadly. Not to Pats fans, but the national conversation.

He doesn't run like Rodgers or bomb it like Brees, so he's just not as impressive-looking to the casual fan. Dissecting defenses isn't sexy.

Last edited:
Unless this was polled before the Superbowl loss, I chalk it up to Superbowl malaise.

Out of every quarterback on that list it was only Brady that got his team to the big game.

Because "he" didn't win it, he loses position to the guys that couldn't even get there.

Hey Tom..you are not as good as you used to be, you are a system QB and your window is closing. Without Gronk and Welker we were Wildcard at best. Your slipping.

The arrow is pointing down....

Last edited:
I would have said Rodgers had the best personal year for a Quarterback in 2011/2012. Brady had the best season for a Quarterback (if that makes sense).

I'm a fan of Brees but if I were to choose 1 QB to replace Brady, it would be Rodgers. Brees and Rodgers haven't gone on prolonged post-season runs year after year like Tom Brady. That's what sets Brady apart.

I mean, Rodgers went 45 TD-6 INTwith a 68.3% comp and a 9.2 yds/att. His TD%, INT%, Y/A were all better than Brady's 2007 (Brady had a 68.9% comp). Rodgers was an absolute beast last year and is only 28 years old. If Rodgers doesn't sit out at the end of the year, he gets at least 3-4 more TDs (Flynn had 6!). Brady played that 16th game despite locking up the 1 seed to get the TD record. Rodgers arguably had a better season than Brady '07, but it's close.

You know mediots etc have to stir something up. It's too boring for them to put Brady #1 every year especially when he continues to put up great numbers and more importantly get Pats to Superbowls regardles what offense or defense he has. He just "DOES HIS JOB"!

I'll take TOM BRADY EVERY SEASON, EVERY TIME!

i can't believe some of you are actng like little whiny children. whether TB is 4th or 2nd doesn't matter.

I getcha there, but Revis gave him some mad props. Even though he's a Jet he said someday he'll tell his kids Bradys story and called him the best of all time. That's telling from the guy who finished #5 as a CB and a division rival. I've got a newfound respect for him for the next 364 days (or 363, it's a leap year).

that was from last year's episode....so it doesn't really count

In other news, Gisele has kept her #1 model earning status again in 2012 (she makes 5x the next on the list, whoa)... I expect some jealousy in the bedroom. It's never a good situation when the man loses his touch.

"Can't stay #1, huh?"

Last edited:
I'd have Rodgers at #1 with TFB at #2. Rodgers was ridiculous last year, and if he played the last game he might have broke Brady's TD record. Rodgers also plays half his games in Green Bay, which is why he deserves a ton more credit than a dome player like Brees, but Rodgers also has a better overall receiving corp than TFB. I think Brady destroys it in 2012.

I'd have Rodgers at #1 with TFB at #2. Rodgers was ridiculous last year, and if he played the last game he might have broke Brady's TD record. Rodgers also plays half his games in Green Bay, which is why he deserves a ton more credit than a dome player like Brees, but Rodgers also has a better overall receiving corp than TFB. I think Brady destroys it in 2012.

Pats need a new "F U" season. Their motto should really be "Finish the Job." Or perhaps in better Beli-speak: "Finish YOUR Job." Whatever, just win!

Last edited:
I mean, Rodgers went 45 TD-6 INTwith a 68.3% comp and a 9.2 yds/att. His TD%, INT%, Y/A were all better than Brady's 2007 (Brady had a 68.9% comp). Rodgers was an absolute beast last year and is only 28 years old. If Rodgers doesn't sit out at the end of the year, he gets at least 3-4 more TDs (Flynn had 6!). Brady played that 16th game despite locking up the 1 seed to get the TD record. Rodgers arguably had a better season than Brady '07, but it's close.

You must have not seen the 2007 season.

You must have not seen the 2007 season.

Yeah, I did. See the post above. If Rodgers played all 16 games with a purpose of racking up stats, he could have racked up more bulk stats, and they'd look very similar to Brady's. Brady's 2007 was transcendent. So was Rodgers' 2011. The Pats' 2007 offense was still >> the Packers 2011 offense though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye