PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Boston Celtics NBA Finals Thread

cant decide what has been worse...refs or lack of Celtics rebounding. When i say refs, I mean both ways. That is one of the reasons i am not a huge fan of basketball. I love the Celtics, but the NBA game of basketball is a little weak.

We need Scal to come in and set the tone with some fouls. Come the 4th qtr, if we are getting blown out, then we need to put in some reserves and send a message.

They let them play more physical and Perk will have Gasol and Bynum out til halfway through next season. I think best case scenario for Perk is they come out and jump to a big lead, he picks up a T late, C's hang on to win and essentially forfeit game 2. Then Perk can stop playin with a monkey on his back and get after it on the defensive end. Yes, I did jus say I think it would be good for the C's to lose Perk for game two, the one condition being they pull out this one tonight. Then they have the usuall mean menacing hulk in the paint back for 3 tilts in the garden.

Yeah, he isn't tenacious at all on the boards or on the defensive end. I agree that he needs to just have the technical called on him and sit out a game. Even if the Lakers win tonight he just needs to get it over with. His physical inside presence is sorely missed right now.

he can still play D, he just needs to shut his big fat mouth. He is such a baby.

he can still play D, he just needs to shut his big fat mouth. He is such a baby.

He hasn't played tenaciuos defense or gone up for a rebound with any kind of authority from what I'm seeing. He looks completely different from the Perkins we've been seeing the rest of these playoffs.

Joey Crawford has the worst officiating crew in the league. Stick a fork in this one. Celtics down by 10 with :26 remaining.

Well on the bright side we can't play much worse than that. Celtics looked disinterested all night. Beaten in every key stat comprehensively.

This is what Doc is paid for now. Come on game 2.

On the bright side, they generally come out firing on all cylinders when they get beaten this badly. Look for pierce/rondo to light up game 2. Liked the fire I saw from Robinson when he did get in the game, surprised he didnt see more time in the 2nd/3rd. Perk needs to put his big boy pants back on for them to have a shot. He's letting these damn T's get to him and its killing his presence in the paint.

Yeah but in his defense alot of the fouls that get called on him are either offensive fouls or no calls.....Howard would lower his shoulder into perkins chest every play and clear him out and perkins would get called for a foul....Last night bynum hit perk with an elbow to the side, went up with the shot and surprise foul on perk......I am not saying he doesn't commit fouls as he is a hard nosed player but they need to stop calling fouls on perk when the other guys go into him.....I would be pissed and frustrated too...

rondo needs to play better. he sets the tone for the team i think. he needs to slow things down a bit instead of rushing to make plays. and allen was just awful tonight.

in the end the lakers looked to be the hungrier team.

On the bright side, they generally come out firing on all cylinders when they get beaten this badly. Look for pierce/rondo to light up game 2. Liked the fire I saw from Robinson when he did get in the game, surprised he didnt see more time in the 2nd/3rd. Perk needs to put his big boy pants back on for them to have a shot. He's letting these damn T's get to him and its killing his presence in the paint.

Perk and Garnett got abused on the boards and in their overall play by a guy who reminds me of a soccer player (Pau Gasol). What a fraud. No fire any any point in that game last night.

rondo needs to play better. he sets the tone for the team i think. he needs to slow things down a bit instead of rushing to make plays. and allen was just awful tonight.

in the end the lakers looked to be the hungrier team.

i blame the loss on Rondo's ugly white sneakers...just horrible

I think Doc needs to watch who he plays on the floor together....He CAN'T have T. Allen and K. Perkins on the floor at the same time because that cuts down on rondo's drives to the hoop....Everyone knows neither of them can make a jump shot so they will cheat on the other 3 players on the floor....If T. Allen is in the game then Sheed has to be the Center or if Perkins is in we need a jump shooter to stretch the defense.....Rondo was getting to the hoop but couldn't kick it out for jump shots with these guys on the floor....

I think Doc needs to watch who he plays on the floor together....He CAN'T have T. Allen and K. Perkins on the floor at the same time because that cuts down on rondo's drives to the hoop....Everyone knows neither of them can make a jump shot so they will cheat on the other 3 players on the floor....If T. Allen is in the game then Sheed has to be the Center or if Perkins is in we need a jump shooter to stretch the defense.....Rondo was getting to the hoop but couldn't kick it out for jump shots with these guys on the floor....

not to mention when he got to the hoop a couple of times fisher flopped as usual for offensive fouls. that guy is an amazing actor in drawing fouls.He just drops and slides across the floor like hit by a train and they always give him the foul.Very similar to what red says here
YouTube - Red Auerbach was anti-flopping decades ago !!

Lot's of analysis regarding game one.

For me it comes down to 1 thing ... is Garnett healthy enough to give Gasol and Bynum a challenge. If he isn't then the Lakers will win it in 5. The other option if for Sheed to do some serious HGH up through game 7.

One other thing ... do we have anyone who can keep up with Farmer?

Well we do ... Rajon ... and that's what Phil wants ... for Doc to make Rondo a 6th man in the rotation.

Celtics got outplayed like no other the other night. There is no where to go but up. They really cant play worse in my eyes so thats a plus right there. I think C's will take game 2 by 7.

Someone send this to Doc! Ok, maybe not but I like the analysis. Makes sense to me, surprised I couldn't connect the dots. Lets hope the boys come out with a fire under their ass tonight, theyre gonna need to play a hell of a lot better than game 1 just to be competitive.

3 minutes into the game and the Lakers are already dominant in the paint. **** off.

Rondo has started well in transition. Come on Celtics.

Refs are red hot on fouls. This is a joke already.

Last edited:
Bynum for the alley-oop. Ugh. Until Perkins plays on both sides of the floor like he has a pair of testicles, Bynum is going to change the game for the Lakers. His presence was apparent in Game 1 and it's apparent again so far in Game 2. Perkins just needs to get the technical and get it over with.

Celtics are playing well enough. Never thought I'd see Garnett become as much a liability as he is right now :(. KG needs to catch some fire somehow.

Last edited:

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Back