PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Boston Celtics NBA Finals Thread

No Perkins for tonight. Lakers should dominate the boards again. :(

Even with perk, game 7 @home for the lakers with kobe in their ranks. I would be surprised if the celts pulled it off.Although the blowout in game 6 possibly was a better way to lose than a close game because they cant play any worse.

i love perk but hes been playing like crap. having wallace start the game and play 30 plus minutes could be a advantage for the celts. he just needs to stay away from early fouls.

Well, according to the media (ESPN), the Celtics might as well just throw in the towel for this one. I hope they come out and BURY that team of L.A. ****suckers.

well, as far as i can tell in this series, we have not had two stars put together a good game at the same time. Rondo was great one game, KG another, PP had a great game...but we have not yet had a complete game yet in this series. We need to have Rondo and one of the Big 3 to have a great game and it is ovah!

I am telling you now, approx 3 hours before tip off, Rondo and Ray Allen are going to go off and we win #18. Mark it down.

No surprise everyone in the media are picking the Lakers. My one request. PLEASE don't let officiating ruin this game. Dont call BS fouls on Kobe because its Kobe.

Don't hate me know, I'll explain later. Take a look at my game 6 prediction for a hint:
Kobe is going to light it up, and Pau/Bynum/Odom will be monsters on the boards. Derek Fisher is going to have a huge 3rd quarter to cement things for LA, who will coast through any pushes from the C's with bull**** whistles from the refs.

No surprise everyone in the media are picking the Lakers. My one request. PLEASE don't let officiating ruin this game. Dont call BS fouls on Kobe because its Kobe.

if they want to make an MVP out of him then they will for sure....

well, as far as i can tell in this series, we have not had two stars put together a good game at the same time. Rondo was great one game, KG another, PP had a great game...but we have not yet had a complete game yet in this series. We need to have Rondo and one of the Big 3 to have a great game and it is ovah!

I am telling you now, approx 3 hours before tip off, Rondo and Ray Allen are going to go off and we win #18. Mark it down.

well game 5 was as consistent as they all got together. like your optimism but hard to see lakers losing a game 7 @home.they wont forget the 2008 game 6 drubbing when celts clinched it. Lets hope for the best...

I was just looking over at the Laker forums...most have the lakers winning by 10+ easily and many posting about the parade and the route it will be. :bricks:

They always seem to amaze me when i didn't think i could be amazed anymore

Last edited:

i think i love you:D from your lips to gods ears. go celtics go.:rocker:

Seriously WTF is wrong with the Celtics in the paint. Rebound the ball guys jesus.

Great start by the Celtics. The defense has been outstanding thus far. The intensity to start off this game has been far better than all of game 6. We still need to get our hands on the ball off the rebound. That may come back to hurt us later.

Come on guys! 3 more quarters. Beat LA.

These offensive rebounds are going to kill the Celtics. Too many second chance points is a bad thing when you're playing Kobe Bryant and the Lakers. The Celtics are extremely lucky that the Lakers are shooting badly right now. With the way they're rebounding, if they were shooting the ball well, they would be up 10+.

Seriously, where was the defense right there? Why was Gasol allowed to just squat under the hoop and go for the lay-up uncontested? And for that matter, how hard is it to box out a guy with only one good knee? Well, or so he says.

These offensive rebounds are going to kill the Celtics. Too many second chance points is a bad thing when you're playing Kobe Bryant and the Lakers. The Celtics are extremely lucky that the Lakers are shooting badly right now. With the way they're rebounding, if they were shooting the ball well, they would be up 10+.
Great start to the second. Unbelievable.

What a joke on the rebounds we are atm. I'm sick of this already.

Last edited:
I have a second most hated Laker. First is Pau "Llama" Gasol. Second is Jordan Farmar. God I hate him. He looks like someone who, at any given moment, will see his ears begin to flap and take flight... like Dumbo.

God, Rondo sucks on an open shot.

I have a second most hated Laker. First is Pau "Llama" Gasol. Second is Jordan Farmar. God I hate him. He looks like someone who, at any given moment, will see his ears begin to flap and take flight... like Dumbo.

God, Rondo sucks on an open shot.
Rondo.. how about RayRay atm? Geez he's in a long shot funk atm.

Lakers are frigging + 11 in the offensive boards. +11!

Rondo.. how about RayRay atm? Geez he's in a long shot funk atm.

Lakers are frigging + 11 in the offensive boards. +11!

Allen is off, but he's not getting nearly as many wide open looks as Rondo is. Jesus. It was just a matter of time before Artest hit one of those threes. Who the hell is supposed to be guarding him? How is it that the Celts are not being fouled? How is it that they have only shot three free throws to the Lakers 13? You cannot seriously tell me that the Lakers are playing flawless basketball while the Celtics are not. Hell, just look at the Lakers' shooting.

Allen is off, but he's not getting nearly as many wide open looks as Rondo is. Jesus. It was just a matter of time before Artest hit one of those threes. Who the hell is supposed to be guarding him? How is it that the Celts are not being fouled? How is it that they have only shot three free throws to the Lakers 13? You cannot seriously tell me that the Lakers are playing flawless basketball while the Celtics are not. Hell, just look at the Lakers' shooting.
Absolutely. The Lakers are only in this game because of their offensive rebounding and second chance points. The Celtics should have buried them.

Last edited:
There you go, C's!! Good stuff, Allen. If you can't sink the three pointer then take it to the hole with authority and dish it to the open man.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back