PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Booing a 12-3 home team for going 3 and out: No Class

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there was ever a half of football to boo them off the field, that was it.

This has already proven out in the Boston Market, with the Bruins. The fans put up with garbage for years. It was only when the Garden started emptying that Jacobs loosened up the purse strings.

Yeah it's about money. Or rocket science.

Whatever you say.

That's not a thoughfull response is it? So whatever do you say? Is it your opinion that fans wouldn't start to drop off with losing seasons? Seriously if they can't hang round a whole game when things look bleak then when they actually have a few losing years back to what makes anyone think they would hang around?

4.) When a team (and a league) schedules a game the day before Christmas, knowing that much of the fan base lives far away, and knowing it can take 30 or 45 minutes just to get from your parking space in the parking lot to Route 1, then that team and league should not be surprised when people leave early.

Did you want them to leave in on Christmas day instead?

Did you want them to leave in on Christmas day instead?

No, but that was not my point. People here are complaining about fans leaving the game early. The reason I left early is because, it was Christmas Eve and my son and I spent the entire day away from the rest of our family and we weren't going to get home in time for church service unless we left early.
Do you understand that point now, or do I need to dumb it down even further for you?

Last edited:
Lol, had this same thread in 2009 after another Dolphins game. I think the majority of posters were super angry about the booing back then. How things have changed.

The team was clearly unfocused in the first half on Sat. Saw a lot of players yucking it up on the sidelines as the Pats were getting their asses handed to them. Deserved to be booed, deserved to be reamed by BB at halftime.

No, but that was not my point. People here are complaining about fans leaving the game early. The reason I left early is because, it was Christmas Eve and my son and I spent the entire day away from the rest of our family and we weren't going to get home in time for church service unless we left early.
Do you understand that point now, or do I need to dumb it down even further for you?

A little sensative? Nice personal attack on someone that just asked a question. You complained about the game being on Xmas eve. All I wanted to know is if you would rather have had them leave in on Xmas day. That would have been the only other option.

Leaving early is your call. You paid the money.

Last edited:
Many of the fans in the stands mirrored a bunch in the game day threads. It's confusing though that some of the same ones that defend the behavior of the fans in the stands ridicule the same behavior of fans in the game day threads. Some fans left the thread in the first half, lol

The only crap was what the Patriots did in the first half of that game on Saturday. I don't care who is out there, poor play is poor play. Would you prefer everyone cheer with each three and out?

I don't get it. This is a silly thread.

Are the Boston fans spoiled. Hell, yes! But that first half performance was still boo-worthy. Would I rather be a Cleveland fan, Hell, no! The only difference is that as a Boston fan I have FAR less boo-worthy moments as a Cleveland fan, but that does not mean that no Boston team is beyond worthy of being booed.

I agree ... also okay there was some excuse for the offense but the defense had no excuse at all. Those pass penalties were something to be expected of a rookie in a pre season game. Whacking someone who had no chance of catching the ball and Ninko waving his arms like the stadium was on fire.

Last edited:
I was there and I don't think there were a huge number of people booing. Just sounded like it against the background of stunned silence.
Everyone seemed to recover nicely in the 2nd half though. Let's hope this week's game is a little less dramatic.

I was there as usual. I didn't boo (I never have), but I didn't mind the booing at all. It seemed deserved.

Tons of people left early, but I think that probably had to do with XMAS eve.

I would not boo. I would not cheer and yell some *** words on certain plays, but would not boo.

Booing this team for one bad half, after all the success that it has had over the years, is like a 4 year old having a temper tantrum, IMVHO.

I certainly did not like what I saw during the 1st half last week. And while watching, I did mutter a couple of ****'s. I would never boo this team or even Adam V. I just choose to ignore Adam V. as long as he wears a Colts uniform.

Free country. If you buy your ticket the guy sitting next to you has no right to control whether you have to cheer or "boo". Stalin used to have followers put to death if he felt that they didn't cheer loud enough, long enough, or sat down too quickly after ovations.

God Bless America.

Yes America is a great country. People are free to be as dumb as they want. and more people are taking advantage of that freedom every day.

Last edited:
Yes America is a great country. People are free to be as dumb as they want. and more people are taking advantage of that freedom every day.

Indeed they are....

Acting as if it's some egregious faux pas to boo a team that's supposed to be one of the league's best but is playing horribly and getting its ass kicked 17-0 at halftime is pretty dumb, after all.

Last edited:
Indeed they are....

Acting as if it's some egregious faux pas to boo a team that's supposed to be one of the league's best but is playing horribly and getting its ass kicked 17-0 at halftime is pretty dumb, after all.

not speaking for him but I think he's talking about including Stalin's practice of putting people to death for not cheering loud enough in the same sentence with people thinking booing the Pats isn't right. Egregious might be a better suited description for that notion.

Just some booing at crappy play, silly thread IMO. The money Fans spend on everything from tickets to team apparel and more speaks for itself.

My father leaves Celtic games, redsox games, shuts the TV off in heated pats 4rth qtr moments. I call em the worst sports fan in Boston but he's just passionate. When I was a kid he'd explain to me, "I can't watch my team go threw that, it hurts to much".

Wouldn't be so quick to judge everyone It's a passionate fan base.

Last edited:
So ..are people saying ...its ok ....to just show up and play....than to at least....try hard .....the effort shows....

I think it's ok to boo if its that bad.....

Get off your high horse. If I could afford to go to the game I would boo when it was called for and I would cheer when it's called for. You should hear me in my living room. I will never judge anyone when it comes to the level of play and a respective fans ability to cheer or boo. It's why we watch the games and buy the merchandise. All things aside, sometimes the boo's are exactly what the home team needs to hear. The players are being paid really well and they should be able to handle the criticism. if you want rainbows and sunshine then I suggest you read children's books and watch the Disney Channel.

Booing the home team is....

Tom Brady is one of the best QBs in the game, he gets paid like one. If he has a bad quarter, he should expect the boos.

BB is considered one of the best coaches in the NFL, if his team put up a bad quarter, he should expect boos.

If the expectations for this team were to finish 8-8 then boos are not justified, but in NE the football team instills an expectation for greatness form everyone in the locker room. If that expectation pores out of the locker room, to the fans in the stadium, how are we wrong for preaching to the choir. The team already knows they have let themselves down, BB knows he is doing a bad job coaching, Tom knows he has to play better. You think going into half time BB is going to say to the team....

Wow you guys have had great years behind you, there is no need to go out and win this game. I respect you guys as a coach and I know you can do better next week. No big worries, everyone here is making next years roster.

I don't think so. BB is going to rip Brady and his team for a bad outing, much like the fans did in the stadium.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back