PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Booing a 12-3 home team for going 3 and out: No Class

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's crap. Pretty obvious explanation for the pressure on Brady in the first half. Solder in his first game at LT, Cannon at RT, Connolly back from injury, Wendell out of position. Two rookies and two UDFAs, three playing out of position. A real fan would understand what they're up against.

How can you be expected to be taken seriously when you don't even have your facts correct?

Solder has taken numerous snaps at LT in place of Matt Light in games where Vollmer was active.

Donald Thomas was on the field at LG, not Ryan Wendell.

Using UDFA as an excuse is a joke. Especially when those guys have been with the team for a few years and seen plenty of time on the field.

And a real fan knows that the Boo-Birds didn't start coming out until the Pats 3rd punt. And it was warranted.

They should have been booing!!That was terrible football in the first half.Do that in the playoffs and they will be goned in a heartbeat.This team needs to be well prepared for the playoffs.The last two years have been terrible.

"BOO" to this thread

Obviously I am in the minority, but when the team is playing poorly I don't boo - I just stay totally quiet. Players heading off the field at halftime to a stadium so quiet you can hear a pin drop sends just as loud a message as booing does. I understand why people boo; I just don't agree with it nor will I join in.

I do, however have a pet peeve in regards to a certain segment of the home crowd: far too many make noise at the wrong time. I realize that it is counter to a normal automatic reaction to being on offense versus being on defense, but too many fans are loud prior to when the Pats snap the ball, and not nearly enough are being as loud as they can when the opposing QB is calling the signals.

I've never been one to understand the concept of booing your team but if a team is happy to accept the raucous applause and cheer after a score or a big play why does that make it any different for the inverse of such an outcome?

I do, however have a pet peeve in regards to a certain segment of the home crowd: far too many make noise at the wrong time. I realize that it is counter to a normal automatic reaction to being on offense versus being on defense, but too many fans are loud prior to when the Pats snap the ball, and not nearly enough are being as loud as they can when the opposing QB is calling the signals.

I agree. I find myself yelling "shut up!" when the Pats are going for it on a key 3rd or 4th down.

When Robert Kraft lets the fans park for free and enter the stadium for free then all "booing" should stop. Until then, fans should "boo" at will.

How about it? I call them amateur/ignorant fans. They don't have a clue about what and when things should be done. I've actually seen them stand up and turn around and try and get everyone else to stand up and scream when the Pats that are trying to convert a 3rd down. Happens every game.

I don't understand how booing can be so loud in a Stadium that is not known for loud volume?

If you can't get loud to cheer on your team at Gillette or disturb the opponent when they are on offense as many have claimed in the past,then how the hell can you get loud enough to boo to have people recognize this?

Last edited:
The pats played soft in the first half.....they deserved to be booed

I don't understand how booing can be so loud in a Stadium that is not known for loud volume?

If you can't get loud to cheer on your team at Gillette or disturb the opponent when they are on offense as many have claimed in the past,then how the hell can you get loud enough to boo to have people recognize this?

I could hear it on my TV. It's all relative. Gillette is "quiet" but it's not silent

Eventually fans will be booing at every incomplete pass.

my cat's name is Boo Boo...

my cat's name is Boo Boo...

LOL. My old doggie's name was Duke, but I called him Boo Boo. Good thing he never went to any Pats games!

This thread is a pretty good litmus test as to whether you'd be a fun guy to go to a football game with or a complete *******.

Also, lmao at the people who believe their boos help focus the team or some ****. Yeah - I'm really sure that the guy who sleeps with 5 beautiful women on top of a pile of money every night is going to get focused because the drunken fat Boston Rube in section 124 seat 16 booed.

This thread is a pretty good litmus test as to whether you'd be a fun guy to go to a football game with or a complete *******.

Also, lmao at the people who believe their boos help focus the team or some ****. Yeah - I'm really sure that the guy who sleeps with 5 beautiful women on top of a pile of money every night is going to get focused because the drunken fat Boston Rube in section 124 seat 16 booed.

ROFL, good one

well I'm not a booer but I don't think my ineffective cussing or internal feeling of badness for a down team is any better. quietly sitting there feeling optimistic in a dead looking situation may feel better but no less effective.

Booing doesn't sound like a positive wake up call, more like a "get the hell outta town you BUMS" feeling to it. Are there any other universal noises crowds make when their team is in the gutter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back