PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Booing a 12-3 home team for going 3 and out: No Class

Status
Not open for further replies.
dislike.png

Thanks Deus being defended by you actually means something to me!

the team wasn't 12-3 when they went 3 and out, the game wasn't won yet. People boo when they see crap, and the Pats were playing like crap for the entire first half.

You have a point but I agree with the OP about many fans. I'm a season ticket holder but gave my tickets away to my daughters friend and her Dad(Christmas present). It was their first game ever. They couldn't believe how many people left at half time and all the booing that went on.I guess the jokes on them because they never got to see what they think they paid for and were entitled to. Of course we want excellent play. Sometimes we're excellent fans and sometimes our "play" is crap too. Maybe a round of boos are appropriate for us now and then.

Last edited:
You have a point but I agree with the OP about many fans. I'm a season ticket holder but gave my tickets away to my daughters friend and her Dad(Christmas present). It was their first game ever. They couldn't believe how many people left at half time and all the booing that went on.I guess the jokes on them because they never got to see what they think they paid for and were entitled to. Of course we want excellent play. Sometimes we're excellent fans and sometimes our "play" is crap too. Maybe a round of boos are appropriate for us now and then.

I didn't notice the people at halftime but I did notice how many people left after the Pats scored to make it 27-17. I thought that maybe it was because it was xmas eve but geez, there was still 3 or 4 min left.

Free country. If you buy your ticket the guy sitting next to you has no right to control whether you have to cheer or "boo". Stalin used to have followers put to death if he felt that they didn't cheer loud enough, long enough, or sat down too quickly after ovations.

God Bless America.

Last edited:
One thing has me pretty pissed, the fact that the Foxboro fan base is way too ready to boo their home team. I hear boos for going 3 and out against Miami (in a win), or for giving up a TD drive to the Colts in garbage time (also a win). It's embarrassing. Fans should not be booing a 12-3 team, a team that has dominated the AFC for a decade. All it does is prove that New England fans are ungrateful, selfish, spoiled and ignorant. No class.

When the camera rolls over to Peyton on the sidelines in the 4th quarter, a guy who is trying to keep the broken pieces of his team and his career together, watching the Colts get dismantled, I could almost hear him thinking "they're booing? 31-10 in the 4th. We could only be so lucky".

The Pat's decade-plus of success has turned Patriots Nation into a bunch of entitled assho!es, who think they know how to run a football team. They don't deserve a franchise stacked with hard working, professional players who have their heads screwed on right and kill themselves to win each week. I blame the damn Boston media, who are a bunch of mutton heads, know almost nothing about the game, but love to hear themselves criticize almost everything Belichick does.

If you think this team deserves to hear it from the crowd, what you really need is an 0-16 season to remind you what bad football looks like. Granted, this is not the 2007 team, or the 2003 team in terms of completeness. But the 2011 team is competitive, clinched the playoffs (again!), scrappy and committed.

And that with devastating injuries...Koppen, Light, Mankins, Vollmer all out against Miami, 4 of 5 starters on the line!!!... and you're booing the rookies and practice squad guys drafted into service, playing out of position? Fans should have some PERSPECTIVE. Any other franchise would have folded long ago.

I've got buddies who are die hard Seahawks fans, some Browns fans, too. My brother married into the Bills fan base. They watch their teams screw up and lose almost every other week. They are committed to their teams for better or worse. They are thrilled just to get into the playoffs. A win is a big deal, not a foregone conclusion. They've got more cause to boo.

Fans are supposed to be supporters, not self-righteous bastards. Stop booing. You're a humiliation to the rest of us.

1) I agree

2) It's a spoiled fanbase

3) Too many younger fans who climbed on the bandwagon in 2001

I was at the Bruins trophy game - Chad OchoStinko made one catch and got the biggest cheer of the game....that should tell you something.

All that said, although I don't agree with it.....the people in attendance paid the money to attend, which gives them the right to do whatever they want.

Last edited:
I will always love Boston and its teams but in general the fanbase is mostly spoiled and whiney frontrunners. Im sick of hearing how "tortured" Boston fans are with the 7 championships in the last decade. Most Bruins "fans" jumped aboard last June. Half of Patriot Nation jumped on board during the 2001 playoffs. The Patriots have gotten a first round bye now 6 times in 11 years. They are 26-5 over the last two years. Go root for Cleveland or Kansas City if Belichick and Brady cause you so much pain.

I didn't notice the people at halftime but I did notice how many people left after the Pats scored to make it 27-17. I thought that maybe it was because it was xmas eve but geez, there was still 3 or 4 min left.

In section 223. at least 3 different groups left at halftime and never returned. I've noticed that most games number of people try and beat the traffic by leaving early unless the outcome is still in doubt. The thing is the Pats win just about every game they ever play at home. We are so lucky to be fans of this team. Sure I want a champion every year but I wouldn't trade being a fan of this team for any other. The past 10 years we've had more to cheer about than any other team in the league.

Free country. If you buy your ticket the guy sitting next to you has no right to control whether you have to cheer or "boo". Stalin used to have followers put to death if he felt that they didn't cheer loud enough, long enough, or sat down too quickly after ovations.

God Bless America.

lighten up, no ones advocating taking away anyones rights Stalin? Really? :confused: Sheesh

I don't understand the 'spoiled fanbase' thing. If I were a Browns fan, I would still boo them for poor play. Like say if they were playing at home and were down 17-0 and punting after their sixth 3 and out and someone jumped offsides on a freaking punt. I would boo. I would boo if they were 11-3 or 3-11 because that is just bad football.

I boo the refs. I boo the other team when behaving like arseholes. I NEVER have and NEVER will boo the Patriots. They're my team.

Furthermore, I can boo for any damn thing I want to. If it is a bad play call, then I'll boo. If they make a bad play, I'll boo, and you know what. It ticks me off that you come on here with your self righteous post and try to tell us what to do.

Get a life.

Go be a Yankee fan.

I don't understand the 'spoiled fanbase' thing. If I were a Browns fan, I would still boo them for poor play. Like say if they were playing at home and were down 17-0 and punting after their sixth 3 and out and someone jumped offsides on a freaking punt. I would boo. I would boo if they were 11-3 or 3-11 because that is just bad football.

Chances are if New England had even a few seasons like the browns have had a lot of these fans would be no where near the stadium to be heard.

I boo the refs. I boo the other team when behaving like arseholes. I NEVER have and NEVER will boo the Patriots. They're my team.

Different game, but still applicable:

Q: Did the fact that the fans booed multiple times bother you?

TB: I’d have been booing us too, the way we played. That’s their right. We just didn’t play well and you’ve got to give those guys a lot of credit. They played well in all phases and really took it to us.

It Is What It Is » Brady transcript: ‘I’d have been booing us, too’

Get over it. No franchise/team is immune to being booed, not even the Pittsburgh Steelers. And they're supposed to have the most diehard/loyal fans in the league.

What a silly thread. It's because the fans in these northeast (NY & Boston) markets demand success that helps the team and forces the team to know nothing but success. The two go hand in hand. The pressure the fanbase and media in the local market are good for sports in the area as it pushes them to be the best.

Freaking out because you witnessed one of the most knowledgable fanbases boo their favorite team because they werent playing up to their standard is just stupid.

You sound like a Falcons fan where no one cares if they do well or not, and there's no pressure to be the best. If you can't handle that type of atmosphere, maybe Boston sports aren't for you.

Chances are if New England had even a few seasons like the browns have had a lot of these fans would be no where near the stadium to be heard.

Can I see the results to this survey you took that gives you this knowledge?

Back in the Sullivans' days a few boos would have been greatly welcomed by the police/security people. I personally remember flying beer bottles and drunks relieving themselves in plain view to avoid the restroom line. I also seem to remember hearing something about out of control fans not only ripping down a goal post, but carrying it out of the stadium and up Route 1.

Compared to that Saturday's fans were angels.

That's crap. Pretty obvious explanation for the pressure on Brady in the first half. Solder in his first game at LT, Cannon at RT, Connolly back from injury, Wendell out of position. Two rookies and two UDFAs, three playing out of position. A real fan would understand what they're up against.

Real athletes have often said they deserved to be booed ... pay attention now.

Last edited:
That's crap. Pretty obvious explanation for the pressure on Brady in the first half. Solder in his first game at LT, Cannon at RT, Connolly back from injury, Wendell out of position. Two rookies and two UDFAs, three playing out of position. A real fan would understand what they're up against.

The only crap was what the Patriots did in the first half of that game on Saturday. I don't care who is out there, poor play is poor play. Would you prefer everyone cheer with each three and out?

I don't get it. This is a silly thread.

Are the Boston fans spoiled. Hell, yes! But that first half performance was still boo-worthy. Would I rather be a Cleveland fan, Hell, no! The only difference is that as a Boston fan I have FAR less boo-worthy moments as a Cleveland fan, but that does not mean that no Boston team is beyond worthy of being booed.

Last edited:
What a silly thread. It's because the fans in these northeast (NY & Boston) markets demand success that helps the team and forces the team to know nothing but success. The two go hand in hand. The pressure the fanbase and media in the local market are good for sports in the area as it pushes them to be the best.
{QUOTE]

Is this a business model I am not aware of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye