PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Booing a 12-3 home team for going 3 and out: No Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookBoston

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
One thing has me pretty pissed, the fact that the Foxboro fan base is way too ready to boo their home team. I hear boos for going 3 and out against Miami (in a win), or for giving up a TD drive to the Colts in garbage time (also a win). It's embarrassing. Fans should not be booing a 12-3 team, a team that has dominated the AFC for a decade. All it does is prove that New England fans are ungrateful, selfish, spoiled and ignorant. No class.

When the camera rolls over to Peyton on the sidelines in the 4th quarter, a guy who is trying to keep the broken pieces of his team and his career together, watching the Colts get dismantled, I could almost hear him thinking "they're booing? 31-10 in the 4th. We could only be so lucky".

The Pat's decade-plus of success has turned Patriots Nation into a bunch of entitled assho!es, who think they know how to run a football team. They don't deserve a franchise stacked with hard working, professional players who have their heads screwed on right and kill themselves to win each week. I blame the damn Boston media, who are a bunch of mutton heads, know almost nothing about the game, but love to hear themselves criticize almost everything Belichick does.

If you think this team deserves to hear it from the crowd, what you really need is an 0-16 season to remind you what bad football looks like. Granted, this is not the 2007 team, or the 2003 team in terms of completeness. But the 2011 team is competitive, clinched the playoffs (again!), scrappy and committed.

And that with devastating injuries...Koppen, Light, Mankins, Vollmer all out against Miami, 4 of 5 starters on the line!!!... and you're booing the rookies and practice squad guys drafted into service, playing out of position? Fans should have some PERSPECTIVE. Any other franchise would have folded long ago.

I've got buddies who are die hard Seahawks fans, some Browns fans, too. My brother married into the Bills fan base. They watch their teams screw up and lose almost every other week. They are committed to their teams for better or worse. They are thrilled just to get into the playoffs. A win is a big deal, not a foregone conclusion. They've got more cause to boo.

Fans are supposed to be supporters, not self-righteous bastards. Stop booing. You're a humiliation to the rest of us.

The fans were not boo-ing a "12-3 team" the fans were boo-ing "poor play."

To me, the first half against Miami would classify as "VERY POOR PLAY" and thus worthy of boos.

Also, when fans pay outrageous amounts of money to go to the games, and the team puts up a stinker. Well, I feel they have a right to boo.

The team looked disinterested and was sleepwalking in the first half

Sometimes loud boos can wake up a team realizing they are not playing hard and someone is noticing it.

Nothing is wrong with booing when 60,000 fans see an obvious lackluster effort which is what was happening for 2 quarters last sunday.

At one point Saturday I thought the fans were booing the lack of a defensive holding call on a failed 3rd down play.

btw these are adult males playing perhaps the most violent game that exists today, not little girls jumping rope. I hope to god they aren't affected by a little negative reaction from the fans.

Based on reports of the Belichick halftime "pep talk", I would surmise the players probably preferred the booing.

Maybe that the other side of the 12th man concept.

Class is overrated. Given the first half effort and the second half effort it's clear the boos had no negative effect, so why shouldn't the fans express themselves?

One thing has me pretty pissed, the fact that the Foxboro fan base is way too ready to boo their home team. I hear boos for going 3 and out against Miami (in a win), or for giving up a TD drive to the Colts in garbage time (also a win). It's embarrassing. Fans should not be booing a 12-3 team, a team that has dominated the AFC for a decade. All it does is prove that New England fans are ungrateful, selfish, spoiled and ignorant. No class.

When the camera rolls over to Peyton on the sidelines in the 4th quarter, a guy who is trying to keep the broken pieces of his team and his career together, watching the Colts get dismantled, I could almost hear him thinking "they're booing? 31-10 in the 4th. We could only be so lucky".

The Pat's decade-plus of success has turned Patriots Nation into a bunch of entitled assho!es, who think they know how to run a football team. They don't deserve a franchise stacked with hard working, professional players who have their heads screwed on right and kill themselves to win each week. I blame the damn Boston media, who are a bunch of mutton heads, know almost nothing about the game, but love to hear themselves criticize almost everything Belichick does.

If you think this team deserves to hear it from the crowd, what you really need is an 0-16 season to remind you what bad football looks like. Granted, this is not the 2007 team, or the 2003 team in terms of completeness. But the 2011 team is competitive, clinched the playoffs (again!), scrappy and committed.

And that with devastating injuries...Koppen, Light, Mankins, Vollmer all out against Miami, 4 of 5 starters on the line!!!... and you're booing the rookies and practice squad guys drafted into service, playing out of position? Fans should have some PERSPECTIVE. Any other franchise would have folded long ago.

I've got buddies who are die hard Seahawks fans, some Browns fans, too. My brother married into the Bills fan base. They watch their teams screw up and lose almost every other week. They are committed to their teams for better or worse. They are thrilled just to get into the playoffs. A win is a big deal, not a foregone conclusion. They've got more cause to boo.

Fans are supposed to be supporters, not self-righteous bastards. Stop booing. You're a humiliation to the rest of us.

You don't see the irony of this being in your post?

The fans were not boo-ing a "12-3 team" the fans were boo-ing "poor play."

To me, the first half against Miami would classify as "VERY POOR PLAY" and thus worthy of boos.

That's crap. Pretty obvious explanation for the pressure on Brady in the first half. Solder in his first game at LT, Cannon at RT, Connolly back from injury, Wendell out of position. Two rookies and two UDFAs, three playing out of position. A real fan would understand what they're up against.

You don't see the irony of this being in your post?

No doubt. I'm not naturally a self-righteous bastard, only by association with the rest of the *******s the fan base.

Golden Age of football in New England, and the fans are booing "poor play". It's absurd.

Last edited:
Full disclosure, I didn't get to see the game and I did not read more than a couple sentences of your post.
That said, from all accounts the first half of play was the absolute worst half of play by this team all year.
So um, when else would you boo? Would you prefer fans to cheer at their crappy, crappy effort? The 2nd half shows that they obviously can do it, so why as a fan would you be happy and cheering at their first half performance?

I was at the game, and I booed at one point, but it was because the Pats called a pass play on 3rd &1 when they had been getting a few yards on every rush, but Brady was getting pressured mercilessly on every pass play, and he was making a lot of throws into the dirt.

3rd & 1, Brady is dropping back to pass? Incompletion into the dirt. Punting unit coming on. BOOOOOOOOOOO! Yep, that was me.

The people on this board can't have it both ways. They want the fans to be loud, but only when it suits them. Sorry - it doesn;t work that way. I think the noise at Gillette has shown marked improvement this year (mostly because the people in the red seats are outside a lot - no bad weather yet). If there are a few boos mixed in, that's the way it goes. None of the booers left and all were cheering like mad when the Pats came back.

the team wasn't 12-3 when they went 3 and out, the game wasn't won yet. People boo when they see crap, and the Pats were playing like crap for the entire first half.

Full disclosure, I didn't get to see the game and I did not read more than a couple sentences of your post.
That said, from all accounts the first half of play was the absolute worst half of play by this team all year.
So um, when else would you boo? Would you prefer fans to cheer at their crappy, crappy effort? The 2nd half shows that they obviously can do it, so why as a fan would you be happy and cheering at their first half performance?

Save the boos for calling a draw play on 3rd and 14.

Or for taking a field goal on 4th and 2 on the 10 yard line, down by 14.

How can you boo an OL with guys thrust into roles out of position? They weren't sleepwalking, they were doing what they could to adjust a game plan that had Mankins at LT to something that could work without him.

And if you think the Miami game was okay, how do you justify the Colts game? Booing a team in garbage time after an utterly dominating performance?

Save the boos for calling a draw play on 3rd and 14.

Or for taking a field goal on 4th and 2 on the 10 yard line, down by 14.

How can you boo an OL with guys thrust into roles out of position? They weren't sleepwalking, they were doing what they could to adjust a game plan that had Mankins at LT to something that could work without him.

And if you think the Miami game was okay, how do you justify the Colts game? Booing a team in garbage time after an utterly dominating performance?

If they suck they deserve to be booed, what do you want to do, cheer for crappy play?

Now for this post, you deserve to be booed.

Boo!!!

Furthermore, I can boo for any damn thing I want to. If it is a bad play call, then I'll boo. If they make a bad play, I'll boo, and you know what. It ticks me off that you come on here with your self righteous post and try to tell us what to do.

Get a life.

If they suck they deserve to be booed, what do you want to do, cheer for crappy play?

Now for this post, you deserve to be booed.

Boo!!!

LOL...

For booing me, you deserve to be booed!

I was there on Saturday, all the way from Arizona. I booed the Pats during the first half. You are wayyyy off base.

The Patriots were playing Matt ******* Moore and the basement dwelling Dolphins. Not Brees' Saints. Not Rodgers' Packers. They were playing for the #1 seed and home field throughout. They were in Gillette. This was a game with bigtime playoff implications at home.

Saturday's game WAS a big deal. And they're getting false start penalties on their fifth or sixth punting situation in the FIRST HALF?

Um, sorry but I am going to boo when my team plays like absolute **** in circumstances like that.

PS I wasn't at the game, and I didn't boo the tv, and wouldn't have booed if I was there. But it is certainly my right to boo any damn thing I want, except for the cheer leaders.

LOL...

For booing me, you deserve to be booed!

dislike.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey