PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bolts fire Schottenheimer?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schefter on NFLN right now saying, "Luckily for SD there's a lot of quality candidates out there right now." Then he goes on to list Norv Turner, Mike Martz, Mike Sherman, and Jim Fassel. He says Norv would be the perfect fit due to his connections there. :D :D
Lmao, Schefter. :rolleyes:

Damn they're fast.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/

EDIT: So basically Spanos fired Marty because his assistants got HC jobs elsewhere. That would be like Kraft firing BB after SB XXXIX.

That's a completely unrelated comparison. BB wasn't fighting against Pioli. And the Chargers didn't win the SB this year.

Schefter on NFLN right now saying, "Luckily for SD there's a lot of quality candidates out there right now." Then he goes on to list Norv Turner, Mike Martz, Mike Sherman, and Jim Fassel.
Nothing like a bunch of loser re-treads to tank an organization.

AJ Smith DOES know how to draft some very good players. Whomever says he doesn't, is one dumb bunny.

There is a reason that he is still there.

He just needs a coach that can agree 100% with him.

In my opinion, AJ Smith is the second best gm, behind the Pats.

AJ DOES draft some sketchy players though... no question about that...

Either way guys, we are going to kick the Chargers asses when they come to Gillete next fall :D

Either way guys, we are going to kick the Chargers asses when they come to Gillete next fall :D
Polian is a pretty good GM too.

But please dont get me wrong! The guy is a mean spirited piece of crap who doesnt deserve to live, that piece of monkey ****.

Oh I hope they do. :)

Check out the Chargers forum. There is a riot taking place over there. :D

Couldn't happen to a nicer group of fans.

Couldn't happen to a nicer group of fans.
Some of them are excited for some dumb reason because they have no coordinators, no linebacker coach and no coach and the canidates for the job opening are a bunch of average joes who could never do anything special in the NFL.

all i can say is thank god, the wicked witch is dead! huge weight off my chest now, the guy is the biggest playoff failure ever
Plus you are sure to get a GREAT draft pick in 2008.

Don't be blaming your playoff loss on Marty. Macree was too stupid to knock the ball down, or at least fall to the ground. And without steroids, LIGHTS OUT seemed to have a poer shortage.

If you think it is easy to recover from the loss of both coordinators you are sadly mistaken. Ask any of us. Been there, done that, don't want to do it again. Both coordinators and the HC dooms you. You have zero continuity.

I'd say good luck, but I don't really care.

That's a completely unrelated comparison. BB wasn't fighting against Pioli. And the Chargers didn't win the SB this year.

Ok. Marty is fired after a successful season (I'd call 14-2 successful for a franchise like SD) because both of his coordinators leave for HC jobs. That would be like BB being fired after a successful season (2004) because both of his coordinators leave for HC jobs. According to Spanos the defections of the coaching staff was the main reason for the move. Forget everything else (feuds, coaches' history, etc.). That's all I was trying to get at.

I wonder what all of the Marty-apologists (ie Ditka) will think of this.

IMO this was the worst timing. Why wait this long? They have to have someone in mind, otherwise, why do it February 12th? Why not suck up your ego and let it go for another season and see what is floating around out there a year from now?

Depending on who they select, waiting may actually be a huge blessing for San diego, because if AJ was seriously thinking of hiring Cam Cameron, then his owner saved his butt. Cameron is the most over-his-head coach in the league, other than that Kiffin kid that wears diapers on Family Guy.

SD is an organization in complete disaray :)

Pretty wise move if you ask me. You announce that you are keeping Schottenheimer for another year, but he is a lame duck coach. You let other teams raid your staff for any heir aparent. You let all the best coaching prospects and assistants to also get gobbled up by other teams. Then you fire Schottenheimer allow you have your pickings of all the rejects and retread coaches you like. Brilliant!

Only a wise organization would try to submarine a young talent team like this. A stupid orgainzation would have fired Schottenheimer early and gone after one of his coordinators to keep continuity or one of the hotshot young coordinators from another team. Now they can get a Dennis Green or Norv Turner who will most likely make them go from the best team in the NFL recordwise this past season to a fairly average team. My hats are off to the Chargers organization.

I agree with you in most cases, but look, I'd take Ron Rivera over Wade Phillips and Cam Cameron any day. If you ask me, the so-called leftovers are of much much higher quality than the schmucks who landed jobs already.

I agree that Smith would be the choice, but they should have fired Schottenheimer nearly a month ago. Now they are going to have to go after retreads for their coaching staff. They could have promoted Cam Cameron or Wade Phillips.

Just think about that. Promote a coach who was an utter failure at Indiana? A guy who was the laughing stock of the league at Buffalo?

As far as I'm concerned, none of this matters because they have an untalented crybaby at QB. He'll never win, ever. Trust me on this one. Those lollipops he throws are an embarrassment to the quarterback fraternity. His throwing motion reminds me so much of Kordell Stewart's, and Stewart had some good years before imploding. This kid is wrapped way too tight. Just the way Kordell was.

Nice shotput, there, Phillip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back