PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bolts fire Schottenheimer?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is quite interesting timing. Guess there are still some good options available though; at least hypothetically.

seems it was more about no options for marty than options for the chargers. They wouldve already thought of who to hire before firing him . Its marty who is now left without a vacancy to fill.

Jesus. They lost their HC, OC, and DC in one season.. And they didn't go to the title game?

That's bad luck.

Why did they wait so long to fire Marty though?

Last edited:
What a raw stinkin deal for Marty.....he really deserved better.

Sign at Qualcomm Stadium:

Will the last member of the coaching staff to leave,
please turn the LIGHTS OUT. Thank you.

The Chargers forum is a real hoot ATM.

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=39757

engage said:
**** the chargers organization

im so ****ing pissed right now. why the **** would they fire marty he isn't the ****ing reason we haven't one. blame marlon mc****ingcree for the loss or parker. marty is the only hope i had for this team in 07 and now i dont ****ing care. i feel really bad for the players cuz we have a great group of guys and now we literally have NOBODY to lead them to a superbowl. good ****ing job dumb****s

Jesus. They lost their HC, OC, and DC in one season.. And they didn't go to the title game?

That's bad luck.

Why did they wait so long to fire Marty though?

Because they have no class that jerk off in the front office wanted to wait and let all the jobs fill to get his last jab in at Marty. Id like to ask LT how classy he thinks his Bolts are now. They F'd Brees and now Marty!!! Good luck LT, one twiqued hammy and your ass is OUT!!!

Stay Classy San Diego

Oh I hope they do. :)

Check out the Chargers forum. There is a riot taking place over there. :D
LOL, I liked this thread title :

"AJ already thinks he's god, why not make him head coach?"

Not to drudge up a dead issue but I wonder how classy Tomlinson think this is of his team to fire the coach after all the HC openings around the league are filled.

Nice :rolleyes:

San Diego Chargers president Dean Spanos has released a statement regarding head coach Marty Schottenheimer's dismissal. Spanos said, " Today I made an extremely difficult decision: Marty Schottenheimer is no longer the head coach of the San Diego Chargers." Spanos said the team is responsible for paying the final year of Schottenheimer's contract. He added, "Our fans deserve to know what changed for me over the last month. When I decided to move ahead with Marty Schottenheimer in mid-January, I did so with the expectation that the core of his fine coaching staff would remain intact. Unfortunately, that did not prove to be the case, and the process of dealing with these coaching changes convinced me that we simply could not move forward with such dysfunction between our head coach and general manager. In short, this entire process over the last month convinced me beyond any doubt that I had to act to change this untenable situation and create an environment where everyone at Charger Park would be pulling in the same direction and working at a championship level. I expect exactly that from our entire Charger organization in 2007."

Wow, what a bizarre public statement. The only sensible reading I can make of it is that one or both of the coordinators acted as buffers between the HC and GM, and absent that buffer zone everything exploded.

I wonder how classy Tomlinson think this is of his team to fire the coach after all the HC openings around the league are filled.
Yeah, no kidding. That was a pretty ****ty move when they could have fired him a lot earlier so he could get a job easy.

I wonder what all of the Marty-apologists (ie Ditka) will think of this.

IMO this was the worst timing. Why wait this long? They have to have someone in mind, otherwise, why do it February 12th? Why not suck up your ego and let it go for another season and see what is floating around out there a year from now?

PFT mentioned Carrol. So I am excited. :)

There is no way they go 14-2 again, or for that matter a #1 seed next year by losing their head coach and two assistant coaches.

Prepare for the mods to disengage him. ;)

Already done. The thread has vanished.

Does anybody else picture a bunch of people in SoCal on their knees crying like Nancy Kerrigan, "Why WHY WHY WHY.... do I have to be a Chargers fan?"

:rofl:

these kind of situations reiterate how lucky we are with BB . Not only as a coach but as someone who has the foresight to plan for coaching defections. We had similar coaching defections but BB always had a plan. The chargers did no such advanced planning..

Last edited:
all i can say is thank god, the wicked witch is dead! huge weight off my chest now, the guy is the biggest playoff failure ever

Okay, no doubt it looks grim for SD, definitely. But with that core of talent, this does not just punt them down to 8-8. Come on people, don't get giddy. You're still looking at a talented, talented team.

PFnV

PS, but what a dream to have an organization where people will mention any member of the hierarchy (Krafts/BB/SP/Brady,) along with the other members of that heirarchy, routinely. They're "vertically integrated," is the only way to put it... in fan terms, they're not dysfunctional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back