PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bolts/Bronco Divisional Round Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you can keep repeating yours. The difference, as we both know, is that mine is correct and yours is nonsense, and the beginning of the season demonstrated that beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Cool of you to ignore the "more importantly" part of my post though, particularly given the impact that wind has had on Manning's passing. I'm sure it was just an oversight, because you, as a mod, would never look to troll average posters.

Have a nice day. :)

Disagree - Amendola was awesome in week 1 vs. Buffalo but he got hurt as did Vereen and AFTER that NE struggled. Had Amendola and Vereen remained healthy then Welker would not be missed at all. I like Wes and thought he was a great weapon but he was replaceable as proven by Edelman.

Manning generally reverts to an average QB in the playoffs unless he is indoors. Don't know if its cold, wind, better D, looser officiating. Or a combo. But to the naked eye he is not as good and statistically he is a lot worse. I believe eight one and dones? Right?

And you can keep repeating yours. The difference, as we both know, is that mine is correct and yours is nonsense, and the beginning of the season demonstrated that beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Cool of you to ignore the "more importantly" part of my post though, particularly given the impact that wind has had on Manning's passing. I'm sure it was just an oversight, because you, as a mod, would never look to troll average posters.

Have a nice day. :)

My point came with data.

Yours came with words. Make up your own reality.

The "impact that wind has had on Manning's passing" should impact deep receivers, not slots - - who should get more opportunities with a wind-challenged QB who likes to throw 40+ times per game. In the post immediately after yours, Scrizz perfectly illustrates that fact in his first 3 sentences.

But, that was a data point, so you won't understand it at all and will simply seek refuge in your "trolling" whine.

Last edited:
Edelman is 27 and had the better year.

And he will have the better next 5 years.

Hopefully, the Patriots can keep him......or they can simply resign Welker at a discount either this offseason (33 years old) or the next (34 years old). But even Amendola (just turned 28) who was hurt much of the year, put up numbers not that far behind Welker's.
...... or Option 3 (when all else fails), select a wide receiver in the first round of the 2014 NFL Draft.

The wind definitely has an effect on Manning...it it didn't then Belicheck wouldnt have given Manning the ball back in overtime when they last played them.

not to mention manning was throwing wobbly ducks that day. If its the same this sunday, big advantage to the chargers.

Disagree - Amendola was awesome in week 1 vs. Buffalo but he got hurt as did Vereen and AFTER that NE struggled. Had Amendola and Vereen remained healthy then Welker would not be missed at all. I like Wes and thought he was a great weapon but he was replaceable as proven by Edelman.

Manning generally reverts to an average QB in the playoffs unless he is indoors. Don't know if its cold, wind, better D, looser officiating. Or a combo. But to the naked eye he is not as good and statistically he is a lot worse. I believe eight one and dones? Right?

Amendola was on the shelf when he was needed most. This argument was finished by week 5 of the season. Shmessy knows this. He's just trolling, and doing a piss poor job of it. That's made incredibly obvious by the fact that he's trying to use Edelman as the Welker replacement when Amendola is that player.

Amendola was on the shelf when he was needed most. This argument was finished by week 5 of the season. Shmessy knows this. He's just trolling, and doing a piss poor job of it. That's made incredibly obvious by the fact that he's trying to use Edelman as the Welker replacement when Amendola is that player.

:D Classic. That post should be framed and hung in a museum. It's perfect in its stark, cold comedy.

Exactly HOW did the Patriots miss Welker?????

You claimed "Losing Welker was a needless problem, and a big one."

You may very well be the only living Patriots fan to believe that, of their list of weaknesses in 2013, the slot receiver position was one of them!

Edelman did more than fine compared to Wes Welker this year. The facts and data bear that out clearly.

Your mantra is your only basis. Since you cannot argue the point, you revert to "he's a troll" whining. Everyone can see that for what it is. I will still rely on the facts and the data.

If you truly believe that the SLOT RECEIVER position has been a big weakness for the Patriots this season, then your entertainment value has increased even above what it has been thus far! :D

Last edited:
Amendola is our new, more dynamic, more expensive Lloyd.

Minitron is filling Welker's shoes just without all the drops.

Goddammit I miss Hernandez the football player in the patriots how much better our offense would have been.

Amendola is our new, more dynamic, more expensive Lloyd.

Minitron is filling Welker's shoes just without all the drops.

Pretty much everyone understands that except Deus Irae.

Amendola was that player because Edelman could never stay healthy. Ironically, knock on wood, he has been able to stay healthy and productive while Vereen and Amendola have been banged up. It may not have been the initial plan and if that is your point, I agree. However, whether on purpose or by accident the Pats O didn't really miss Welker. Losing Dobson for this game, now that does hurt a lot. Hopefully KT will play.

Pretty much everyone understands that except Deus Irae.
I'm not sure why Deus is holding on to the notion that it's not acceptable to put forward the position that Edelman replaced Welker's role in the offense when the unfortunate and inevitable Amendola injury occurred. For me, it's simple. Before the Buffalo game Amendola was the Welker replacement. After the Amendola injury, it became Edelman. This is a case where X & Y = Z.

Because I'm lazy I am pasting this here, some stats about the Broncos - Chargers previous matchups etc....I originally posted this on a Broncos forum in response to a Colt fan trying to make the Broncos fans feel better about the loss to the Chargers last game. The numbers are a bit eye opening, IMO.

Yeah, I think your offense was just in a slump at that particular time. Judging by how hot they've played the last few weeks, there's no real reason you shouldn't destroy them this time around.

A slump?

The two games prior they had 535 and 551 yards of offense and scored 35 and 51 Points. The game after the Chargers they had 511 yards of offense and 37 points. If that is a slump then most teams want to be in that slump.

The Chargers held the Broncos under 300 yards in the last meeting, the only team to do that this season. In fact, they are the only team that held the Broncos under 400 yards in a game this season and they did it twice. The Chargers also accounted for two of the Broncos three lowest scoring outputs of the season with 28 and 20. SD is the only opponent the Broncos didn't score at least 30 points against. KC was the only other team to hold them under 30 with 27.

The Chargers beating the Broncos wasn't a fluke, they seem to match up well against them. And after looking over those stats they are probably the worst matchup the Broncos could have drawn in the Divisional round.

The Broncos should win, but it won't be a blowout, 3-4 points is more likely. An analysis tool I use has the Broncos winning 26 to 22. It will most likely be a close game regardless of who wins.

Going to be funny Monday Morning when everyone is surprised Peyton went one and done again like it's the first time this has happened.

Going to be funny Monday Morning when everyone is surprised Peyton went one and done again like it's the first time this has happened.

66% chance....think about that one and done 66% of the time. But his teams were terrible...:rolleyes:

Wind negates the threat of deep passing allowing safeties to come closer to the line of scrimmage and makes denver pick plays harder.

Wind negates the threat of deep passing allowing safeties to come closer to the line of scrimmage and makes denver pick plays harder.

Mannings deep ball isn't great to begin with..most of the time when it goes deep it looks like noodle arm

Mannings deep ball isn't great to begin with..most of the time when it goes deep it looks like noodle arm
Manning's receivers have Flaccoed his punts this season. That's one of the benefits of having a loaded roster and players who can make something out of nothing.

We're still arguing the impact of the loss of Welker. Barring something in the playoffs, the loss of Welker really had a minimal effect on the Pats. Edelman replaced his production. He was missed some early in the year, but in games that the Pats won.

Looking back at the season, the Pats would probably be in the same spot with or without Welker. I don't know why this is up for debate. Even the guys in the media like Felger and Mazz who killed Belichick all offseason for letting Welker go have conceded that letting Welker go had little or no impact on this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes