PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bolts/Bronco Divisional Round Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATS16N0

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Didn't see another thread.

Anyone here seen a lot of Chargers football? I've seen all the Sportscenter highlights but only watched their game against Denver, who they made look mediocre.

Woodhead is making a lot of plays (no surprise) and I like Rivers in Mile High.

It's hard to get a feel for what is going to happen here, because while I think the Broncos are way overrated, I don't know if the Chargers are a legitimate post season contender or an over achieving pretender that lucked into the 6th seed and then got a W under their belts.

On the other hand, Denver has lost to every remaining AFC play off team. It's been record-setting Star Wars stats compiled against NFL bottom feeders, with a decisively negative record against real opponents.

The only even mildly decent team they beat were the Chiefs, and I think the Chiefs were only above average and nothing special.

So given that, and Peyton's play off legacy, I don't think anyone but the experts would be shocked if Denver's season ended rather unceremoniously on Sunday evening.

I'm not a San Diego guru but I expect that Phillip Rivers and their offense is going to score 28~31 points. Think the Chargers can keep Denver beneath that?

Also, every Peyton one-and-done just adds more pressure every new season.
I think if Peyton loses he's going to get it bad. I honestly think a loss would severely cripple his legacy even in the eyes of his most devoted ball washers.

I don't think Peyton plays well when adversity and pressure combine.
If the Chargers can make some big plays, then start the 2nd half strong, I wouldn't be surprised to see an epic Peyton choke.

Also, every Peyton one-and-done just adds more pressure every new season.
I think if Peyton loses he's going to get it bad. I honestly think a loss would severely cripple his legacy even in the eyes of his most devoted ball washers.

I don't think Peyton plays well when adversity and pressure combine.
If the Chargers can make some big plays, then start the 2nd half strong, I wouldn't be surprised to see an epic Peyton choke.

If Manning loses to San Diego, ESPN better slam him like no other. I am so nauseated with this "love" of his "successes" when he consistently doesn't show up when it counts.

ESPN destroyed LeBron James and he actually bounced back and won 2 rings.

I honestly have trouble watching the Chargers and the reason is Danny Woodhead. We've seen a lot of guys come and go over the years, but watching him the last few weeks has me irate. He was affordable, great depth, and always a gamer. I didn't think much of the move at the time, so I don't blame the FO, but in hindsight, that was truly a boneheaded move to let him get away for so little.

We could really use him right now.

You can argue Vereen is better, but there's room for both, especially given Vereen's injury history.

All that said, I hope SD wins but I think Denver does ultimately. SD should compete, but Denver does have a lot of weapons, and SD will have to play a consistently great game to expose Denver's flaws. I don't know if they can. But I think we will the ensuing Sunday, provided we have advanced.

The Broncos defense without Miller gave up a higher QBR than with him obviously. Which QBs did the Broncos face in that 6 game stretch?

Joe Flacco
Eli Manning
Terrelle Pryor
Mike Vick
Tony Romo
Chad Henne

So they faced four bottom 8 QBs statistically, Vick (average), and Romo, yet still were a worse pass defense than their already mediocre one with Miller. What did Romo do to their defense without Miller?

25/36 506 yards 5 TDs 1 INT 140qbr

Rivers should torch the hell out of Broncos D with Allen, Gates, Woodhead, Green, etc.

Peyton could actually perform this game (not choke, gasp!) and still lose. That's how bad I feel the already mediocre Denver defense will be without Miller.

All I know is this: For one game, I will gladly become a Charger's fan.

It pleased me to no end to see SD go into Mile High and beat the Broncos a few weeks back. It'd make me even happier to see them do it this weekend. :cool:

All I know is this: For one game, I will gladly become a Charger's fan.

It pleased me to no end to see SD go into Mile High and beat the Broncos a few weeks back. It'd make me even happier to see them do it this weekend. :cool:
Just proposing that if NE wins and so does SD, that's a lot of travel over a month: home in SD, travel to CIN, travel to DEN, travel to NE. Similar to what NE went through in 2006: in TEN, home against NYJ, in SD, in IND. That team got worn down (and sick) and ran out of gas.

It will be difficult for SD to beat the Broncos twice in Denver.

The Broncos defense without Miller gave up a higher QBR than with him obviously. Which QBs did the Broncos face in that 6 game stretch?

Joe Flacco
Eli Manning
Terrelle Pryor
Mike Vick
Tony Romo
Chad Henne

So they faced four bottom 8 QBs statistically, Vick (average), and Romo, yet still were a worse pass defense than their already mediocre one with Miller. What did Romo do to their defense without Miller?

25/36 506 yards 5 TDs 1 INT 140qbr

Rivers should torch the hell out of Broncos D with Allen, Gates, Woodhead, Green, etc.Peyton could actually perform this game (not choke, gasp!) and still lose. That's how bad I feel the already mediocre Denver defense will be without Miller.

Except McCoy will take the air out of the ball and run it 40 times and keep him glued to the pine.

Manning has lost 3 straight playoff games. I think the game is close but he's due to win one.

Manning has lost 3 straight playoff games. I think the game is close but he's due to win one.
The game plan to beat the Bronocs is there for all to see. The Chargers executed their game plan against a much better D than the Broncos in the Wildcard Round. Let's see if they can back it up.

Personally, the Chargers beating the Broncos won't matter much if the Patriots don't get the job done against the Colts. I hope the officials let the remaining 8 teams play and contentious flags don't influence the outcome for any of the remaining teams.

Do we want SD to beat Denver?SD is freaking me out right now
and they have a good running game and are unbelievable in 3rd
down situations.:eek:

I cheered against Denver last year and that did not turn out well for us. I think I would much rather play them this year than SD.

Yes! Yes! and Yes! No way should we want to see the Pats go to Mile High? If winter is our big advantage, the thin air there is their big advantage. And we've historically lost many big games there---Tebow's presence saved our record a bit. But Manning at the helm is many well over a MILe Wide distance from Tebow.

Besides this in every way seems to be Manning's year. And I sure hope we are we do not have to play a big role in making it even bigger.

Broncos have Wes Welker back who should help them tremendously although I'm curious to see how he'll play after two concussions. I think if the Broncos win it'll be a blowout, but if the Chargers win it'll be close. My feeling is that the Broncos win as much as I hate to say it they have to many offensive weapons to hurt you with.

The Chargers so far have done nothing more than defeat another long-time under-achieving team, Cincy, and this in a saving second half rain storm.

They should have lost to KC.s second team too.

My money goes on Denver for sure.... but of course my spirit will be hoping for the big upset.

Yes, I want SD!!! I want the game at home. Also the Broncos fans for the most part are some of the stupidest in the NFL! I am serious. Considering Elway the GOAT? Really? He is not even in the top 5.

Then they loved Tebow...

Now they are all over Manning. Please. I hope SD beats them...AGAIN! Their D is not close to the same w/o Von Miller. Passing attack is admittedly phenomenal.

I'm not entirely sure who to root for - the reason being I care more about us winning the AFCCG than Peyton's legacy. I honestly see san Diego's defense as a lot better than Denver's...

I'm not entirely sure who to root for - the reason being I care more about us winning the AFCCG than Peyton's legacy. I honestly see san Diego's defense as a lot better than Denver's...

Cincy was moving the ball on them until Bernard fumbled and KC moved it on them too. They will be playing their 3rd playoff game vs. 2nd for Denver and on the road vs. us going to Mile High. Plus if we lose to them I don't hate them as much as I do the Donkos!

SD all the way!

. I hope the officials let the remaining 8 teams play and contentious flags don't influence the outcome for any of the remaining teams.

The ref for the donkeys-chargers game is clete blakeman, the guy who threw a flag for end zone pass interference, picks it up and doesn't explain it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes