PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bolts/Bronco Divisional Round Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree and respect most of your post. I do believe the reputation he has received about his postseason record is undeserved. He has been let down by his defense and special teams on many of those losses after putting his team in position to win. Unfortunately I see the same this year due to there horrid defense.

Same could be said for toms last 2 SB losses. Welker and the defense let him down. the reason I hammer manning, is because he didn't put up the points to win at that last drive, or take the time off to insure a W. Tom has done that in his 2 biggest losses. Manning took the time off against the ravens, and the D did let him down their, and then his int in OT, but realistically, Denver should have won.

He is a great QB, but I see it as manning (HOF QB) vs Brady (GOAT QB). That is my view and I would say a lot of people, especially pats fans, see it that way.

Same could be said for toms last 2 SB losses. Welker and the defense let him down. the reason I hammer manning, is because he didn't put up the points to win at that last drive, or take the time off to insure a W. Tom has done that in his 2 biggest losses. Manning took the time off against the ravens, and the D did let him down their, and then his int in OT, but realistically, Denver should have won.

He is a great QB, but I see it as manning (HOF QB) vs Brady (GOAT QB). That is my view and I would say a lot of people, especially pats fans, see it that way.

I agree with u on Brady's losses. That first loss had to be killer.

I agree with u on Brady's losses. That first loss had to be killer.

It was a killer. But when Tom reached his 6th Super Bowl, I don't think he will let it come down to the defense. He will try and put the game away early.

But it was a killer. We were less than 120 seconds from setting a huge record.

Kurt Warner was asked last night on NFLN about Peyton's post season failings and actually said he played on some inferior teams. I'd like to know which teams those were.

2012 #1 seed lost to a Baltimore team that everybody had them beating.
2010 lost to the Jets at home as the favored team.
2009 lost to NO as the favored team and everybody's pick to win.
2008 lost to SD as a clear favorite winning two more games in the season.
2007 lost at home to SD as the two seed and clear favorite.
2006 3 TDs 7 INTs
2005 Lost at home to the 6 seed Steelers as a heavy favorite
2004 lost to NE 17-3 and were everybody's pick to upset the Patriots after the record breaking offensive season.
2003 Lost to NE with everybody picking them to win.
2002 lost to the JETS, 41-0. Jets won the east but Indy had a better record.
2001 lost at Miami. This is probably the only one where they weren't expected to win.
2000 Lost at home to the Titans.

Kurt Warner was asked last night on NFLN about Peyton's post season failings and actually said he played on some inferior teams. I'd like to know which teams those were.

2012 #1 seed lost to a Baltimore team that everybody had them beating.
2010 lost to the Jets at home as the favored team.
2009 lost to NO as the favored team and everybody's pick to win.
2008 lost to SD as a clear favorite winning two more games in the season.
2007 lost at home to SD as the two seed and clear favorite.
2006 3 TDs 7 INTs
2005 Lost at home to the 6 seed Steelers as a heavy favorite
2004 lost to NE 17-3 and were everybody's pick to upset the Patriots after the record breaking offensive season.
2003 Lost to NE with everybody picking them to win.
2002 lost to the JETS, 41-0. Jets won the east but Indy had a better record.
2001 lost at Miami. This is probably the only one where they weren't expected to win.
2000 Lost at home to the Titans.
There's no point, everlong. It will always just revert to Manning not having a great defense, although that's been discussed here, too.

Should be an easy win for the Broncos, i would be chocked if they lose to the lowly chargers.

Should be an easy win for the Broncos, i would be chocked if they lose to the lowly chargers.
Would you really be shocked?

I honestly have trouble watching the Chargers and the reason is Danny Woodhead. We've seen a lot of guys come and go over the years, but watching him the last few weeks has me irate. He was affordable, great depth, and always a gamer. I didn't think much of the move at the time, so I don't blame the FO, but in hindsight, that was truly a boneheaded move to let him get away for so little.

We could really use him right now.

As has been discussed in this forum, the choice to seek out San Diego was Danny Woodhead's - and that was little the Patriots could do since the Chargers could offer him a more significant role and more money. C'est la vie.

One of the things that has bothered me about the DEN playoff loss last season was the fact that they played for overtime once BAL scored the tying TD. I didn't agree with that, as it would seem that you're really gambling by giving up, not attempting any kind of drive whatsoever to try and get into FG range, and you're evening out the odds a lot more. I'm not claiming that Belichick may have not done the same thing, but I would've liked to have seen Manning take a shot or two there, even if there was only 30 seconds or so remaining (I'm not sure how much time was left, although I know it wasn't much). I thought they definitely still had a timeout left though.

With the game being played at Mile High (or whatever you call it now) and in the thinner air, I'd have thought that it may be worthwhile to get into FG range from about 55 yds out and try to win the game in regulation.

Many Bronco fans share your feelings on this. I was sick seeing us concede and play for overtime. We had a 3rd and 7, where if we picked up the 1st, the game's over because the Ravens didn't have anymore timeouts. The decision to run a basic play was made by John Fox. The decision to kneel with 35 seconds and 2 timeouts was again John Fox. I think even Elway was pissed. I have no doubt that Belichick would have gone for it even if he had a backup QB playing. Even before Brady become the legend he is, in his 1st superbowl, Belichick went for the throat and moved you guys into FG range to win the game. John Fox is ultra conservative and honestly isn't a great fit in my mind with the offense we have. Fox is a good coach, but honestly he's not in Belichick's league. And that's something I won't say you guys don't appreciate, but I'm not sure if everyone realizes how much of an advantage you have with such a great coach. I don't mean to make excuses, but Peyton doesn't have a McDaniels calling plays and schemes, nor does he have a great defensive mind to have his back. Even on the Colts, I think he had decent but not great coaching. The balls in his hands though. He does get a lot of praise and a fair amount of criticism. If he can overcome it all and lead this team to a ring, please give him his due respect. If he folds and doesn't get it done, we'll accept any due criticism.

Your post proves how stupid and ignorant u are! I am serious.

wait_then_lol_gif.gif

Actually i would be, the broncos are hungry for a playoff win, just like we were against them when they had tebow.
Okay. I just see it as a very real possibility SD wins on Sunday. I think DEN will win but won't be one bit surprised if SD comes out victorious. Playing with that much pressure, if coupled with a mistake or two early on, can derail a team.

As has been discussed in this forum, the choice to seek out San Diego was Danny Woodhead's - and that was little the Patriots could do since the Chargers could offer him a more significant role and more money. C'est la vie.

Huh?? The guy is making peanuts. You're telling me they couldn't match their offer? nonsense.

Of course Woodhead sought out teams. He was a FA, that's what FA's do.

Okay. I just see it as a very real possibility SD wins on Sunday. I think DEN will win but won't be one bit surprised if SD comes out victorious. Playing with that much pressure, if coupled with a mistake or two early on, can derail a team.

I think San Diego is going to win.

About time that troll mpw8679 got banned. He would just ignore the fact that his arguments made no sense and continue to troll.

Huh?? The guy is making peanuts. You're telling me they couldn't match their offer? nonsense.

Of course Woodhead sought out teams. He was a FA, that's what FA's do.

I think that anytime there's a close enough competition to where the younger, cheaper, up and comer can take over the role and save precious cap space in the process, it's going to be seriously considered.

Vereen 2013---47 catches for 3 TD's (missed 8 games) 4.7 yds per carry

Woodhead 2012--40 catches for 3 TD's (missed 0 games) 4.0 yds per carry

At this pace, (and I hate to project) it would be quite reasonable to consider Vereen to have completely blown away Woodhead's 2012 totals. After all, he already caught 7 more balls than 2012 Woodhead in only 1/2 the games played. On top of that, the running production didn't suffer one bit, aside from the fact that it was unfortunate that Vereen broke his wrist.

As much as people tend to complain about these moves, the ones they tend to complain about didn't really seem to hurt us nearly as badly as what is normally insinuated on a daily level. Our problems weren't with losing Woodhead, Mesko, or Welker. None of them... Our problems were in having a murdering star TE, another star TE who is useless in our 3rd consecutive postseason in a row, severe injury situations up and down the board, and the fact that we were forced into using 3 rookies at the position of WR. Most of all, it was likely with our defensive losses to the heart of the other side of the ball with Wilfork, Kelly, Mayo, and Spikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes