PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bolt fans confident

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't a Chargers forum..no one cares

=========================================

Just trying to contribute.:confused2:

"Any Man can be beat on any day" -LaDainian Tomlinson

Zen riddle: does a man who says he is classy have class when he bunks classes?

Shuzan held out a short stick and said, "If you call this a short stick, you oppose its reality. If you do not call it a short stick, you ignore the fact. Now what do you wish to call this?"

that's easy...the sh!t end of the stick.....
sterb016.gif

his career looks great. If he does get a ring this year in SD then you have to talk about him as one of the greatest coordinators and coaches of all time. The guy that turned aikman into a HOFer. The Guy that took Rivers to an elite level and brought the Chargers a championship. One of the best play callers of all time. Just 1 super bowl win away from that being true....

Wait...WHHAAAT??? :eek:

For a minute there, I could have sworn that you said (and I quote) :

"If (Norv Turner) does get a ring this yr, you have to talk about him as one of the GREATEST coordinators and coaches of ALL-TIME!!!"

He has an effing LOSING RECORD dude....99-105.

He has a .485 winning percentage
:bricks:

This is absolutely hands down THE leading candidate for the most asinine post I have ever read...EVER.

Last edited:
Ever

Ever

Ever

Tom Brady at home?

I wouldn't be confident at all.

I love the post where the guy said that Belichek is afraid of Norv Turner dominating him.The only thing i can say is guy you need to layoff the medical marijauna

I happen to visit the bolts fan site to see what they were saying . Obviously, they are very confident.... at least they are more knowledgeable and not abusive like Jets fans are ......

The Official San Diego Chargers Forum

Go Pats....

Wow..... I'm all for being optimistic and confident in your team and all, but that thread is a serious joke.

An extraordinarily large number of them think they are just going to walk in her Sunday and blow us up. Look, I think SD is an OKAY team at best. They'll win their crappy division and they are CERTAINLY capable of giving us a good run. They won't come in here and walk all over us.

I actually think we match up extremely well on them...... Their Offensive line blows and has real trouble protecting. AH and VW will eat them up.

On Defense their linebackers are WEAK in coverage, and that's the STRONGEST part of the field for us with our TE packages. I like this matchup for us. Better then I liked the Dolphin match up actually.

Last edited:
I don't know if I like this matchup as much as some seem to, but then again I am a worry-wart, and sometimes an eternal pessimist.

I think that SD is surely a SB contender, and apparently Vegas does too, as they are one of the odds-on favorites to win the AFC conference and represent them in the Super Bowl. I certainly do not think that SD is a team that you even think of taking lightly.

That said, I like our chances at home, and feel as though the game will be close no matter what..I think that either side has reason to be confident and also reason to be concerned, after all these are 2 of the AFC's higher ranked teams. SD certainly held this offense in check last yr, and we were lucky to get out of there alive on the missed FG at the end of the game. They had the top ranked offense and defense for a reason. No, they aren't the '85 Bears, but they are certainly a team that is more than capable of coming in to Foxborough and walking out a winner.

It will all depend on whether or not our secondary and pass rush are up to the challenge--just like many instances. Rivers and the bigger targets (VJax/Gates) can hurt us if we give them time, which often seems to be a problem on this defense. The middle of the field targets will be something to surely keep an eye on, as they have posed quite a problem for the team in the past. The SD defense is certainly good enough to pose problems too. It helps that Castillo is out.

Either way, I really don't see how either sides fan base is extremely confident, and I expect a closer game.

Last edited:
You make solid points. They have talent, but they are (or certainly have been) far too inconsistent of a team considered to be one of the Elite teams. On paper, yeah, I would say they would rank highly, but lets face it, its still Norvo the clown out there coaching them.

Look, if they come in here clicking.......... we'll certainly need our A game or we won't win. The problem is they can also come in here flat and we'll be able to eek out a win with our C game. That is entirely the Chargers problem. You don't know what you are going to get with them from week to week.

That's why I don't consider them an elite team yet.

Last edited:
I have the Pats at 13-3, with one of the losses being this one. I do think the Chargers will beat the Patriots. Just got a feeling that this could be their year

I have the Pats at 13-3, with one of the losses being this one. I do think the Chargers will beat the Patriots. Just got a feeling that this could be their year

Their yr to beat NEngland, or their yr to win it all?

If it's just to beat NEngland, then I agree with you. If it's to win everything, I am skeptical..although they certainly have the talent on both sides of the ball.

Nothing is wrong with Norv Turner. Take away the fact he coached for the 2 worst owners in sports in Al davis and Dan snyder and his career looks great. If he does get a ring this year in SD then you have to talk about him as one of the greatest coordinators and coaches of all time. The guy that turned aikman into a HOFer. The Guy that took Rivers to an elite level and brought the Chargers a championship. One of the best play callers of all time. Just 1 super bowl win away from that being true....

And I'm just one lottery ticket away from being a multi-millionaire.

You kids are funny.

[Edit: I see Jackson 2 beat me to this]

Last edited:
Of all of the misguided tidbits, the notion that our TE's won't play because they can't block SD LB's is my fave. I can't blame them for not tracking our team ad nauseum, but jeez.

They should be confident, the Chargers are a great team. San Diego are serious Super Bowl contenders in 2011, as are the Patriots, you guys think their fans should be fearing our team in any way? Why exactly?

Excuse me for my 2 cents but Superbowl caliber teams don't catch a reception for "X" amount of positive yards, not get touched and lay the ball down on the turf and not realize its STILL alive ball.

They also don't throw a backwards lateral pass behind the line of scrimmage and not realize that it's STILL a live ball and allow a 250 pound linebacker almost take it too the house before they realize what they've done.

ALL in the same game. :p

Last edited:
Last year far more worried than this year.

I wanna see the D continue it's success on 3rd downs and also see Chad Johnson more involved in the offense.

I wonder what's the situation at tackle when Vollmer comes back..who goes on the bench and could Vollmer possibly move to LT with Solder showing alot of promise at RT.

The chargers are another example of people deciding who is good, without any actual proof that they are good..Really? The last few years they start off like 0-90 and get in the playoffs with a crap record because they are in a crap div.

I like the post which states the Patriots wouldn't dare use 2 TE's against the Chargers like they did on Monday because that would make it easy for Phillips to get to Brady :p

The way to beat the Chargers imo, would be lock Jackson & Floyd up in man to man coverage w/ safety help on Jackson then bracket Gates with a LB & the other safety, then you get in Rivers face with the big DL and Mayo coming in on delay blitzes/loops/stunts etc.

On offense, the TE's will be the best option because as a few Chargers fans mentioned they are weak covering them so Gronkowski & Hernandez should have big games again as they are matchup nightmares for every team as it is, never mind for teams who can't cover a TE.

Last edited:
Talent is there, but they always seem to underperform. That 2006 playoff game is a microcosm of the chargers for the last decade. The posters seem to be putting a lot of stock in Henne posting 400+ yard (regardless of the fact half of them were when the Fish were down 2+ scores) and how we did against them last year, which happened in the aftermath of Moss leaving and our offensive rough patch of last season.

And apparently Bob Sanders covering Welker is their ace in the hole :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes