PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BOB: "More Price"

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was open but Brady threw it behind him.

Brady wasn't particularly rushed on that play,,,but I think he had to step outside the pocket an rushed his throw...he also may not be used to Price's speed yet...another reason why Taylor and Tom need to get more reps in together....

I'm not sure if Ocho is EVER going to get on same page as TB....

JMHO

I just have this feeling that Price is going to make the most of his opportunities sunday and make us wonder why he wasnt played sooner....I only hope he will because right now, its evident that not having a solid #3 WR who can go deep is hurting us offensively as teams flood the middle

That's assuming he will get opportunities. How many times has one of the coaches praised a player only to have him get like 5 snaps if any

I sometimes wonder if this isn't a clash between BOB and Brady on who he wants in his formations.

Calling BOB....Calling BOB

Let's see how many snaps Price gets vs Gints......We all know OCHO isn't a field stretcher.....

Everyone keeps waiting for that breakout game for OCHO....Well, I don't think it's gonna happen.....Maybe I'm wrong, but I think if Taylor gets a few chances, he may have a breakout game before Ocho....

I sometimes wonder if this isn't a clash between BOB and Brady on who he wants in his formations.

Exactly, the way is sound at times, it just seems Brady and BB are running a show and BOB input is just meh....
Brady comes to the public and puts all on the coaches, but he has power to run more things done the public knows. Just a speculation that is all.

Exactly, the way is sound at times, it just seems Brady and BB are running a show and BOB input is just meh....
Brady comes to the public and puts all on the coaches, but he has power to run more things done the public knows. Just a speculation that is all.

I don't think BB would side more with Brady than BOB. I think all three are a party unto themselves, and it is in BB's interest not to pick sides within the team.
I am sure that all three of them have strong wills, strong minds and big ideas and when you have that, clashes are inevitable. Hopefully it works out.

How much does TB change at the LOS when he survey's the defense?

I'm sure BOB calls the plays and personnel groupings, but Price has to be ON THE FIELD and catch something to have any impact.....they aren't about to double cover him until Brady gets him the ball a few times downfield and he makes the defense pay.....Plus Taylor isn't Brady's first choice as a go to guy like Moss was....understandably.

It sounds like a trust factor between Brady and Price........Tom looks to Wes,Branch,Aaron or Gronk (if he isn't blocking)..plus an outlet to the RB first... The #3 WR barely gets a glance.....

That's assuming he will get opportunities. How many times has one of the coaches praised a player only to have him get like 5 snaps if any

true, but his snaps have increased since the 1 he got in the Cowboys game...you have to imagine in his 7snaps against the steelers he showed more than Ocho has in twice as much for the coaches to say he needs more snaps

BOB wants to get something out of that #3 WR spot you have to imagine Price will get more snaps and Ocho less...especially if Hernandez knee is acting up again, and with Edelman out/Ocho inept

the only way for Brady to build trust with a receiver is for them to be out there and get some catches

Last edited:
Brady wasn't particularly rushed on that play,,,but I think he had to step outside the pocket an rushed his throw...he also may not be used to Price's speed yet...another reason why Taylor and Tom need to get more reps in together....

I'm not sure if Ocho is EVER going to get on same page as TB....

JMHO

That particular play was broken down by ESPN.

Where will Price's snaps come from? - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

As you can see, there was absolutely nobody near Brady, and absolutely nobody on top of Price. If that throw had been on the money, it would have been an automatic TD with the speed Price has.

That particular play was broken down by ESPN.

Where will Price's snaps come from? - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

As you can see, there was absolutely nobody near Brady, and absolutely nobody on top of Price. If that throw had been on the money, it would have been an automatic TD with the speed Price has.

Price wouldve had a TD in his 4th passing snap of the season and OCHO none after 163...I think you have to give him ocho's snaps

put price out there for 20snaps...if he can beat his man and make a couple catches...thats more than Ochocinco is giving us..Ocho is on pace to give us less than brandon tate!

Last edited:
I'll be happy to see more of Price. Something about him reminds me of (a speedier but less physical) David Givens - my favorite Pats WR of all time.

He's impressed in just about every opportunity he's gotten. Could be a solid deep threat for us IMO, it's time to unleash him. Games like yesterday and the playoff game last year where we were essentially dared to go deep, he could've been a huge asset.

Yes! And if he is truly a threat going long, among other routes, this would go some way to defeating the new scheme other teams are using against us, of clogging up the middle with defensive backs. If Price is a viable option going long he has to be covered. Right now that option is not really part of the PATS arsenal. If it becomes an option the PATS offense will be unstoppable again.

Both Edelman and Ocho would be affected by Price being a greater part of the game plan.
With Woodhead as our punt returner, I'm not sure that Edelman serves much purpose.

Right. Even before his recent run in with the law, I thought Edelman was expendable at the end of this season. His role keeps diminishing and soon we won't even be able to see him.

If Price proves he can play that alone will functionally fix the offense.

he was open on that deep ball. Brady just under threw him. Since the Miami game last year i have been high on price as he showed against NFL opposition he can be productive.

Time is right for Price - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

interview with Price about getting more reps.

in Mike Reiss' chat, he said that bruschi suggests that Ocho might be inactive on gameday...although I dont think they would go that far...we're pretty thin on the WR front...although someone in it mentioned they were at the game, and brady was visibly yelling at Ocho after his poor route on the deep ball...one has to wonder if mentally he's checking himself out

OK, anyone else starting to feel like all this "more reps for Price" coverage means 0 targets comes Sunday? :eek:

OK, anyone else starting to feel like all this "more reps for Price" coverage means 0 targets comes Sunday? :eek:

maybe, but if he beats his man and can get open he'll get targeted on whatever limited opportunities he may get

maybe, but if he beats his man and can get open he'll get targeted on whatever limited opportunities he may get

How? When Brady is going to use all that time to stare down Branch on a third and long because he is the only one that he trust. I have missed Brady who found the open man.

I had an inkling about the same thing.

Brady's talking about "finding the open man" and throwing it to him.

That's all well and good but a few weeks into the season opposing Ds figured out that Brady's preferred "open man" is very seldom someone deep and they adjusted and compresed the Defense on Brady.

I get the feeling O'Brien sees the need for Brady to throw it deep occasionally and needs to give him some fresh blood and some fresh completions.

If Brady himself doesn't see that his coach needs to push him on his reads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes