PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BOB: "More Price"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Price should have been given every opportunity to earn a role with the first string offense instead of bringing in Ocho. That trade never should have been made. They should have used the draft picks on a legit pass rusher.

I have to wonder if that trade would have been made without the lockout. With no mini-camps, etc., there was almost no chance for Price to work with or show anything to coaches.

I knew it would happen eventually, wouldve happened sooner if Ochocinco wasnt signed.

Bill parcells said before the season started that he saw Taylor Price as the pats breakout player this year...the signing of ocho/injuries kind of hampered that after a good pre-season...but im looking forward to seeing more of him.

IMO theres more promise/upside for this offense if Price can get going than ocho...price is a young speedy receiver...something we need. Ocho's skillset is too similar to branch and somewhat redundant

So it seems BOB agrees that we need a middle deep threat. I'm now less sure of my analysis. :eek:

Saw this earlier, hopefully he will be able to provide some speed.
40 Time: 4.40 40 Low: 4.30 40 High: 4.49

you look at alot of our competition out there, and they have speedy young receivers....its about time we start getting more snaps for Price out there...and take into account he'll be going against inferior corners to get open against. I like branch, but hes no burner...we need someone who can beat their man

he may be inexperienced...but if he has the talent, with enough opportunities he can be productive for us and add another threat to the offense..look how hernandez, gronk, woodhead produced last year with little experience

I think if Taylor Price can be productive it will open up the middle alot more for welker/hernandez/gronk and even the run....I just hope that the promise he showed in pre-season/praise from bill parcells can translate into on the field production

unless brady starts to trust him ..price cant do much. Right now brady will throw to double or triple covered welker and branch. Kinda had the same thing when moss was here...

Price should have been given every opportunity to earn a role with the first string offense instead of bringing in Ocho. That trade never should have been made. They should have used the draft picks on a legit pass rusher.

What legit pass rusher are you going to get for a 5th and future 6th?

The Brown's just cut Brian Robiskie. How I thought they had a steal in the 2nd round. Oh well.
We need speed. He is a burner as well.

Last edited:
how's he going to get playing time with Moss coming back?

17141865-lol-reaction.gif

Last edited:
The Brown's just cut Brian Robiskie. How I thought they had a steal in the 2nd round. Oh well.
Wouldn't be surprised if he lands in Atlanta, don't think we have room for him especially with the time it would take for him to absorb our offense at this point in the season.

Someone will probably take a flier on him and claim him off of waivers.

I say we use more of Taylor. If the Price is right that is.

What legit pass rusher are you going to get for a 5th and future 6th?

I have no idea my friend. I just felt that a pass rusher is what was needed at the time more than a WR. They still need a pass rusher. The two trades made this offseason really didn't excite me. I did hope for the best, but sadly, it's looking more and more like the team won't get much production from either player.

Its not, Welker and Gronk will get 90% of targets, with 10% going to Hernandez and Branch.

but, the question beckons, is brady targeting them so much because they are the ones getting open/creating mismatches on offense??

branch gets most of his yards knowing where to be when defenses tighten up on the TE's/welker and he becomes an afterthought

I have to wonder, if Price can get separation from his man, would he get more targets? I would have to think he would

Its not, Welker and Gronk will get 90% of targets, with 10% going to Hernandez and Branch.

Yeah - but the point is, the small percentage of time when you NEED a deep option - or WANT a deep option to keep defenses honest and covering deep - you don't have one, and that allows teams to put more pressure on Brady a la 2006 with Reche Caldwell as our "deep threat"

Having a limited offense - even one where Welker, Gronk and Hernandez can put up incredible numbers - is not what anyone should prefer. It's not always an apparent weakness against lesser teams, but when you play an elite NFL team with a good defense you see results like you did on Sunday.

I've been open to giving Price a chance for awhile now. It's not because I hate Ocho or think Price is the second coming of Moss (at 6-0 he's not comparable)

But given Ocho's production, even if Price does nothing, there's no net loss - and only major upside that a home grown cheap talent might give you more than a veteran who can't even seem to beat guys deep on a simple straight outside route.

Last edited:
Both Edelman and Ocho would be affected by Price being a greater part of the game plan.
With Woodhead as our punt returner, I'm not sure that Edelman serves much purpose.

Other than the fact that woodhead hasn't shown anything as a punt or kick returner.

Wouldn't be surprised if he lands in Atlanta, don't think we have room for him especially with the time it would take for him to absorb our offense at this point in the season.

If we're talking about sitting Ocho and playing Price, then we've got room for a WR who can actually beat guys deep.

He doesn't need to learn the entire offense. He just would need to run straight along the sideline and know when to expect Brady's pass.

Whether he can do those things is uncertain - though he certainly showed flashes of that ability in 2010. There's no downside to bringing him in for a look - and his contract can't be prohibitive.

My guess is that having Colt McCoy, who might not have the strength or accuracy to throw deep, didn't help Robiske stick with the Browns - but if that were the only issue I don't think he'd have been cut either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back